Jump to content

Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced


Recommended Posts

We were booked on Caribbean Princess to cruise this May.  Over the weekend made a decision to cancel this cruise.  Will be using our credit to book an 8 day cruise on the new Discovery Princess when it comes out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vampiress said:

@487 it says on https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Can I use my FCC to pay for more than one cruise?
Yes. You can choose how much of your future cruise credit you want to use on new bookings and can use the credit against more than one. You just need to use it before the expiration date of Dec 31, 2021.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

I was just re-reading the policy, realized I hadn't scrolled down far enough and found it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I don’t think Pooh understands. I am not sailing until May and I have to cancel before March 31st. That is much different than “one day”. That’s why a 48 hour cancellation would be much better and give us more time to see what’s happening with the virus. I’m guessing Princess will have to offer it soon, especially now with a third Princess ship in the news. 


WNcruiser, I agree that the current policy doesn’t help you- and I’m sorry. It’s really not very helpful for my 2 cruises (June and September), either. It did at least defer my final payment until April for the June cruise...But, after what has happened with the Grand and Royal this weekend- surely, Princess will adapt a 48hr Cancellation Policy like her competitors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone got their FCC yet from cancelling? When did you cancel and when did the FCC post? I'm 67 days from my cruise and they won't refare me, it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook if we commit to this, but I'd want to use the FCC on the rebook.

 

Would this be frowned upon?

Edited by Prolificc
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Prolificc said:

Has anyone got their FCC yet from cancelling? When did you cancel and when did the FCC post? I'm 67 days from my cruise and they won't refare me, it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook if we commit to this, but I'd want to use the FCC on the rebook.

 

I believe they said to allow 10 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Common sense.  Choose wisely.  Why do I routinely see health compromised passengers on cruises ( many years running) if informed decisions have been made?

Umm I am  immune compromised you would never know it by looking at me!  We are still alive moving ,speaking and such ! We like to vacation also!  We worked most of lives to enjoy vacations.  You stay home you may fall on an Excursion!

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It's not a matter of what you look like, it's a matter of whether you choose to put yourself in an environment that is potentially more of a risk based on whatever condition one has.  This is what I call having common sense.

Well then common sense says you should not be traveling right now  either period!

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

It's not a matter of what you look like, it's a matter of whether you choose to put yourself in an environment that is potentially more of a risk based on whatever condition one has.  This is what I call having common sense.

I'm not even sure a cruise would be enjoyable at the moment with all this going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not travelling.  We cancelled our March cruise on the Grand a while back, since this situation is a concern right now.  We still have several bookings later this year.  We have no health concerns, but still prefer not to get sick.  We will make common sense decisions based on developments over the next few weeks/months.  If we had health issues that apparently you do, we might cancel sooner, or decide differently.  Your situation is different, and also requires a common sense decision.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Common sense.  Choose wisely.  Why do I routinely see health compromised passengers on cruises ( many years running) if informed decisions have been made?

Amy I apologize for my post up above it was lashing out like a child, I know better! I hope you are well and happy safe  travels!

 

 

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I missed when I read through this thread but I have a couple of questions.  We cancelled and will have the $$ put into our account as a FCC.  The cruise we are looking at rebooking will be about $400 less than the credit we will receive.  Can those extra $$ be used to purchase the insurance through Princess and with any funds left over after that (maybe only $50-$75) be applied as a OBC for our rebooked cruise or is it just lost?  Thanks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stive1 said:

Sorry if I missed when I read through this thread but I have a couple of questions.  We cancelled and will have the $$ put into our account as a FCC.  The cruise we are looking at rebooking will be about $400 less than the credit we will receive.  Can those extra $$ be used to purchase the insurance through Princess and with any funds left over after that (maybe only $50-$75) be applied as a OBC for our rebooked cruise or is it just lost?  Thanks.  

You can't do what you want to do, but it won't be list either. It will stay in your account and you can use it for another cruise in the future (before the expiration date). I would suggest getting a mover cabin with those $400...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, deltaqueenie said:

While this policy is a step in the right direction. IMO it doesn’t seem “generous” especially after reviewing RCL and NCL...

0CEDA4E6-FFA6-46F8-8411-4BD6666C07FA.jpeg

F6045168-F020-457C-8DB7-E290EBC65B5F.jpeg

 

 

These offers are different.

 

Royal's policy applies to any existing or new bookings.

 

NCL's policy is only for new bookings made after March 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prolificc said:

Has anyone got their FCC yet from cancelling? When did you cancel and when did the FCC post? I'm 67 days from my cruise and they won't refare me, it'd be cheaper to cancel and rebook if we commit to this, but I'd want to use the FCC on the rebook.

 

Would this be frowned upon?

 

As I remember it, the conditions attached said the FCC could not be used to book the same voyage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caribill said:

 

As I remember it, the conditions attached said the FCC could not be used to book the same voyage.

I didn't come across that, I would love to see this if you have a link or screenshot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Prolificc said:

I didn't come across that, I would love to see this if you have a link or screenshot!

I do not remember where I saw that. It may have been in a post that had the entire policy spelled out. I do not see it on the Princess web site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

I am confused.   We are booked on the April 14th Cruise.   We just cancelled and of course we paid in full. The cancellation fees are going to future cruise credits but what happens to the rest of the payment we made?

 

Per Princess web site

Is anything refunded or is it all given in an FCC?
The future cruise credit only covers cancellation fees due. Anything else, where applicable, is refunded. This includes cruise fare not under cancellation fee and Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses.

 

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

 

 

Not listed, but as normal policy, is that anything you paid for in advance such as shore excursions, specialty restaurants, purchased OBC, etc. would also be refunded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClwtrBoi said:

You can't do what you want to do, but it won't be list either. It will stay in your account and you can use it for another cruise in the future (before the expiration date). I would suggest getting a mover cabin with those $400...

So just to confirm if I add PVP to my cruise at the time of booking I won’t be able to use a FCC to the pay the total for my trip.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

I wonder what impact today's State Department advisement to certain groups against cruising will have on this.

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html 

Since my husband is in the demographic warned not to cruise due to higher morbidity risk, instead of having to use future cruise credits I feel we should be able to get our money back or at least transfer it to another name so someone can buy it from us or we can give to other family members or friends who may want to use it, similar to how an airline lets you change names with a fee

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...