Jump to content

Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Coral said:

The only thing is those who cancel and can get cash back - those in 50% or 25% penalty may want to call sooner.

Exactly. We go from 50% penalty to 75% on March 14 for a 3-week cruise, so would prefer to cancel earlier and get the larger refund. It would be helpful to be able to indicate the desire to cancel now and have it processed at a later date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coral said:

The only thing is those who cancel and can get cash back - those in 50% or 25% penalty may want to call sooner.

 

That actually could be behind part of this.  I'm sure that it would be easier for Princess to hang on to the cash for the short term.  I definitely have the cancellation fee deadlines in mind as I'm mulling over calling our favorite person to cancel our cruise too.  Feel so bad for her and everyone else in the travel business!

Edited by azbirdmom
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Does anyone know if the port fees are refunded on your card and only the cruise fare is kept as FCC or do they put the entire amount you paid into the FCC?

Thank you.

Port fees go back to your credit card. As does anything you pre paid like grats, excursions etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you! That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

 

I just cancelled my cruise for Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that a chunk of it will come back to my credit card. I was expecting almost 100% as FCC but it worked out to about 60% FCC. No idea how they figure it out but not going to argue!

 

Devastated we are not sailing this weekend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

That actually could be behind part of this.  I'm sure that it would be easier for Princess to hang on to the cash for the short term.  I definitely have the cancellation fee deadlines in mind as I'm mulling over calling our favorite person to cancel our cruise too.  Feel so bad for her and everyone else in the travel business!

It is interesting. I cancelled a 26 day cruise that was also sold as a 27 night cruise for April. They were both sold out 2 weeks ago. They both have plenty of cabins available but the price is still where it was. I am wondering if Princess is not lowering them in case the cruise could be cancelled/largely modified.

 

The only reason I cancelled Friday was because it was the last day to get 25% refund. I hated bothering my TA for that given that I knew how crazy her day would be.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coral said:

It is interesting. I cancelled a 26 day cruise that was also sold as a 27 night cruise for April. They were both sold out 2 weeks ago. They both have plenty of cabins available but the price is still where it was. I am wondering if Princess is not lowering them in case the cruise could be cancelled/largely modified.

 

The only reason I cancelled Friday was because it was the last day to get 25% refund. I hated bothering my TA for that given that I knew how crazy her day would be.

Sorry you had to cancel also canceled an anniversary trip to Florida but better safer than sorry! 🙂 There will be more vacations! We can get sick at home also, but not walking into trouble either 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just cancelled my cruise for Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that a chunk of it will come back to my credit card. I was expecting almost 100% as FCC but it worked out to about 60% FCC. No idea how they figure it out but not going to argue!

 

Devastated we are not sailing this weekend 

That's good you got at least that much back.

I hear you on being sad you're not cruising this weekend.  😥 We were to sail on the Royal April 11 as a cruise to honor my dad as we had to cancel our Royal cruise last October because he was battling lung cancer.

 

I was so looking forward to this cruise but for us, it's just not worth the risk right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

That's good you got at least that much back.

I hear you on being sad you're not cruising this weekend.  😥 We were to sail on the Royal April 11 as a cruise to honor my dad as we had to cancel our Royal cruise last October because he was battling lung cancer.

 

I was so looking forward to this cruise but for us, it's just not worth the risk right now. 

Sorry about your Dad my parents never got to go on Vacation when I am on a cruise and I get to look out over the ocean ,I can only imagine what they would have thought! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

It is interesting. I cancelled a 26 day cruise that was also sold as a 27 night cruise for April. They were both sold out 2 weeks ago. They both have plenty of cabins available but the price is still where it was. I am wondering if Princess is not lowering them in case the cruise could be cancelled/largely modified.

 

The only reason I cancelled Friday was because it was the last day to get 25% refund. I hated bothering my TA for that given that I knew how crazy her day would be.

 

We just cancelled and it is painful to do so as we are going with friends, got an awesome deal on a mini suite when we booked then got an incredible upsell offer just two weeks ago that put us in an aft full suite next to our friends.  On top of that we had $1500 in OBC and were able to confirm upgrades to business through United instead of being on the waitlist.  This was a round trip Baltic cruise from Germany in May.  Fantastic deal but things are just too uncertain now and I don't get warm fuzzies that the situation will improve any time soon but I sure hope it does!  And I sure hope it is easy for our TA to cancel it - hate for her to go through a lot of work.  😞 

Edited by azbirdmom
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Sorry about your Dad my parents never got to go on Vacation when I am on a cruise and I get to look out over the ocean ,I can only imagine what they would have thought! 🙂

Thank you. I'm so thankful I got to go on so many with him. There's nothing like it, too bad they didn't get to experience it.🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

 

I agree with you.  I'm in almost the same situation.  March 31 is just around the corner, yet much can happen between now and May.  With all that Princess has gone through with 4 ships, I would think that the worst if over.  Screening will be more comprehensive.  But right now, there are no ships that are due back to the West Coast for a few more days. Hard to tell what will happen to them. (Example:  Star arrives 3/13)


Hopefully we’ll know more before the current deadline to objectively make the best decision possible or they’ll extend the date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, amajaa said:


Unfortunately our flights are booked with Virgin.

 

Our TA was adamant we would lose the taxes and port fees as well

 


As fellow Brits we are in the same position. We sail on Caribbean Princess on May 23rd on a 14 night cruise. We booked cruise, flights with Virgin, and a hotel via a UK travel agent. They are very vague but say if we cancel with the Princess offer we would lose the flights and accommodation. They haven’t told us what we would actually get in future cruise credit either. It’s a nightmare. We don’t want to cancel but we are in the vulnerable age group and don’t want to end up being quarantined on a ship. The offer of onboard credit is certainly not appealing enough to risk catching Coronavirus, or being quarantined onboard ship. We don’t even have a balcony cabin, just an outside so no fresh air would drive me mad.
 

At the moment we are just waiting to see what develops, but the US are advising people not to cruise. If Princess cancel then we are covered under ABTA, or maybe under our travel insurance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

 

We just cancelled and it is painful to do so as we are going with friends, got an awesome deal on a mini suite when we booked then got an incredible upsell offer just two weeks ago that put us in an aft full suite next to our friends.  On top of that we had $1500 in OBC and were able to confirm upgrades to business through United instead of being on the waitlist.  This was a round trip Baltic cruise from Germany in May.  Fantastic deal but things are just too uncertain now and I don't get warm fuzzies that the situation will improve any time soon but I sure hope it does!  And I sure hope it is easy for our TA to cancel it - hate for her to go through a lot of work.  😞 

I am so sorry. I completely understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking into moving our FCC of $1159  from 2 canceled cruise this year April to next March  on the same ship & itineraries  .Sent our TA a e-mail to give us prices  . Princess has perks  of ppd gratuities ,preferred drink pkg & wifi included  .Seems like a good time to rebook in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone please tell me how to check the amount of future cruise credit that I have available?  When I sign in to the Princess website I have no upcoming cruise or cruise personaliser because the cruise booked has been cancelled.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Can anyone please tell me how to check the amount of future cruise credit that I have available?  When I sign in to the Princess website I have no upcoming cruise or cruise personaliser because the cruise booked has been cancelled.

 

Thanks.

If you  paid any cancellation fees ,they are now to use as a FCC .The best way imo is ti check with your TA  that you canceled the other cruise .This is what we are doing ;but ,I do have a record of the cancellation fees,we paid Princess

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Can anyone please tell me how to check the amount of future cruise credit that I have available?  When I sign in to the Princess website I have no upcoming cruise or cruise personaliser because the cruise booked has been cancelled.

 

This is what I do on a laptop using Chrome but there's similar features on different browsers:

 

  • Log into Princess
  • Click on "My Account" in the header
  • A menu should drop down and under "Captain's Circle", click on "Cruise History"
  • Highlight "My Profile" and click on "Circle Savings Account"
  • Open up "Future Cruise Credits" and it should show what you have available

 

Note:  It can take a while to show up here.  I cancelled earlier today and it still shows my FCD that I used for the deposit as applied to the cancelled cruise.

Edited by azbirdmom
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

This is what I do on a laptop using Chrome but there's similar features on different browsers:

 

  • Log into Princess
  • Click on "My Account" in the header
  • A menu should drop down and under "Captain's Circle", click on "Cruise History"
  • Highlight "My Profile" and click on "Circle Savings Account"
  • Open up "Future Cruise Credits" and it should show what you have available

 

Note:  It can take a while to show up here.  I cancelled earlier today and it still shows my FCD that I used for the deposit as applied to the cancelled cruise.

Thank you so much.  I followed your instructions, my Future Cruise Credits at the final stage is not clickable as they won't have been loaded in yet.  My TA told me how much it will be so I will check back next week.  Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

This is what I do on a laptop using Chrome but there's similar features on different browsers:

 

  • Log into Princess
  • Click on "My Account" in the header
  • A menu should drop down and under "Captain's Circle", click on "Cruise History"
  • Highlight "My Profile" and click on "Circle Savings Account"
  • Open up "Future Cruise Credits" and it should show what you have available

 

Note:  It can take a while to show up here.  I cancelled earlier today and it still shows my FCD that I used for the deposit as applied to the cancelled cruise.

Very helpful. Thank you for posting the directions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Port fees go back to your credit card. As does anything you pre paid like grats, excursions etc

 

How do we know how much is the port charges?  There are only 2 items to pay on a booking, the cruise fare and the taxes.  I never see port charges separately listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

 

How do we know how much is the port charges?  There are only 2 items to pay on a booking, the cruise fare and the taxes.  I never see port charges separately listed.

Taxes, fees, and port expenses are one item. The full amount paid for these will be refunded back to the original form of payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...