Jump to content

Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

dog, just a few dates ...

 

when did you book your cruise ( deposit date )

 

when was final payment due ( amex charge )

 

when was cruise date

 

when did you actually cancel, or did Princess cancel your cruise 

 

this may help other posters in your same situation make an informed decision to dispute a charge

Refundable Deposit July 2019

cruise date oct 2020

cancelled by me March 1/20

amex dispute March 25/20

 

Each person has to do what they think is best for them. If refund is FCC only, all you can do is wait it out and hope you can use it before expiry. Cash refunds might be hard to get back.  refund dates 30, 60 days keep changing. This is only my opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started two charge backs today. The one for air charges I was able to do online for about $2,500.00. Ameeican Airlines canceled the flight we had paid Princess for.

 

The one for the cruise for about $5,000.00 I had to do over the phone with another credit card. Both were for services we paid for but didn't receive. (March 19 Coral Princess).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ClwtrBoi said:

Started two charge backs today. The one for air charges I was able to do online for about $2,500.00. Ameeican Airlines canceled the flight we had paid Princess for.

 

The one for the cruise for about $5,000.00 I had to do over the phone with another credit card. Both were for services we paid for but didn't receive. (March 19 Coral Princess).

 Wishng you luck! That's alot of money to wait on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dog said:

Refundable Deposit July 2019

cruise date oct 2020

cancelled by me March 1/20

amex dispute March 25/20

so all of this is over a refundable deposit only , and not the total cruise cost ?

 

or did I miss that you had paid the final

 

musta been one helluva cruise and deposit … good for you for being proactive, I guess ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, voljeep said:

so all of this is over a refundable deposit only , and not the total cruise cost ?

 

or did I miss that you had paid the final

 

musta been one helluva cruise and deposit … good for you for being proactive, I guess ...

 

Yep, expensive one!

 

It is out of my hands now. Amex will deal with it.

Not counting on any cruiseline to have the cash flow for awhile------I expect they would pay crew before giving passenger money back. (just my opinion)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this article pretty interesting. “In particular, we cannot predict the impact on our financial performance and our cash flows required for cash refunds of deposits as a result of the pause in our global fleet cruise operations, which may be prolonged, and the public’s concern regarding the health and safety of travel, especially by cruise ship, and related decreases in demand for travel and cruising.”

 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-sells-8-percent-stake-173028049.html

 

I also found this inane:

 

"We cannot predict how long the negative impact of recent media attention on our brands will last, or the level of investment that will be required to address the concerns of potential travelers through marketing and pricing actions.”

 

Marketing and Pricing actions? If they want me to cruise again they'd better be doing cleaning and sanitation actions, not marketing and pricing. I'd rather pay more and get a clean and safe cruise than get a deal and get sick or die. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

 

Marketing and Pricing actions? If they want me to cruise again they'd better be doing cleaning and sanitation actions, not marketing and pricing. I'd rather pay more and get a clean and safe cruise than get a deal and get sick or die. 

 

No matter how much cleaning and sanitation is done, one embarking passenger who has the virus but not presenting any symptoms is all it takes to start the cycle all over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has their own comfort zone, I guess but some perspectives seem a tad unrealistic to me.  How does a cruise line control people boarding who many not know they are coming down with something?  People will have to decide to cruise, or not to cruise, pretty simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...