Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

5 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

Just as a PSA for those cancelling, these FCC certificates may not end up being worth much.  Given what is happening and the stock price for Carnival and how leveraged the company is a bankruptcy isn't out of the question.  If that happens the FCC's might not be worth the paper they are written on.

Seriously doubtful

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Boy, Princess is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I bet for the cruises that are leaving before the 9th, those folks will just see the OBC on their accounts once they board.

Do you really think so? I doubt it. But I sure hope you are right.

1 minute ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Do you really think so? I doubt it. But I sure hope you are right.

I think they will and I hope so too. Why wouldn't they? I'm sure they are already aware that those that are embarking in the next few days would be upset if they didn't get it just because of timing.

17 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

It is GMT or UTC or for the military zulu which helps anyone in the world who wondered when the email was received.  For me it was zulu for many years before switching to GMT due to my radio hobby. 

Thank you, fascinating. As an ex Brit, my eyes popped when I saw GMT 🙂

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

I cancelled and had ticketed EZAir fare. It was included.

I can understand Princess including the EZAir fare in the credit, but I was wondering that since it was ticketed whether the airline would charge a cancellation fee? That didn't happen?

2 minutes ago, billco said:

I can understand Princess including the EZAir fare in the credit, but I was wondering that since it was ticketed whether the airline would charge a cancellation fee? That didn't happen?

No cancellation fee but I had paid to have seat choice. Currently trying to get this refunded. We shall see. 

Do you guys know if this FCC can be used on a cruise already booked with an agent or does it have to be used on a new cruise or a cruise already booked directly through Princess??

I know it can be used for a cruise already booked but not sure if that includes cruises already booked through an agent other than Princess???

Just now, riffatsea said:

Do you guys know if this FCC can be used on a cruise already booked with an agent or does it have to be used on a new cruise or a cruise already booked directly through Princess??

I know it can be used for a cruise already booked but not sure if that includes cruises already booked through an agent other than Princess???

It doesn't matter who you book through.

Just now, riffatsea said:

Can be used on a new or existing cruise, agent or direct.

9 hours ago, dog said:

I can’t find that. “Anything prior to April”

See in red below

12 hours ago, idahospud said:

Princess is temporarily changing their cancellation policy. The link is here: https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html and details are below.

To assist guests' decisions regarding their upcoming cruise vacations during the evolving worldwide COVID-19 situation, Princess Cruises is temporarily making some changes to our cancellation policy for cruises departing up to May 31, 2020.

Revised Final Payment Timing

Additionally, we are amending Final Payment on cruises sailing June 1 through June 30, 2020.

What's New?

The details vary by departure date. The following applies to new and existing bookings on cruises and cruisetours in all markets globally.

Date of Departure* Benefit
April 3, 2020 or earlier Cancel up to 72hrs before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
April 4, 2020 - May 31, 2020 Cancel by Mar 31 and receive FCC for 100% of cancellation fees
June 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020 Final Payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier. Excludes charter cruises.

Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD / $150 AUD per stateroom for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per stateroom for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per stateroom for 6 day and longer cruises

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

The Fine Print

Future Cruise Credits (FCC) are non-refundable and may be applied to any new or existing booking not yet paid in full on a Princess Cruise departing on or before December 31, 2021.

The FCC does not have to be used on the same product that was cancelled and is non-transferable.

To ensure we cover guests who already made final payment, the revised final payment date means no cancellation fees will be assessed until 60 days prior to sailing.

Timing

FCCs will automatically be applied to each guest’s Captain Circle account after they have cancelled. FCCs will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed.

7 hours ago, dog said:

March 7 th Island Princess not included here. And Jamaica & Grand Cayman are two of our ports. They have turned away other cruise ships recently. 

7 hours ago, FolsomFamilyCruisers said:

Have been patiently waiting until the very last minute for Princess to do the right thing -- Praying this is applicable to our March 7 Royal sailing that we will NOT be boarding due to inability to manage possible quarantine. Will lose ALL faith in Princess if our sail date is not included in this appropriate and necessary accommodation! Trusting it will be honored!

Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance.

Being this is March 6, that is less than 72 hours.

If you haven't seen it yet, they have extended the OBC window for those sailing sooner than March 9. From

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 6 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

7 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

Purchase Future Cruise Credits.  At least that will be refunded if they aren’t used in two years. 

OBC and FCCs cannot be used to purchase Future Cruise Deposits.

7 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Can any one clarify the sentence:

"The FCC does not have to be used on the same product that was cancelled and is non-transferable."

Does this mean the credit can be used on any carnival corporation cruise...eg. HAL, ....or must it be used on a Princess cruise?

It means you cannot book the same cruise you just cancelled.

2 minutes ago, idahospud said:

If you haven't seen it yet, they have extended the OBC window for those sailing sooner than March 9. From

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 6 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

I knew it. 😊

8 minutes ago, idahospud said:

I'm sure those million phone calls encouraged them to change this policy quick.  They need to send out a new email so that the calls will slow down a bit.  

5 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

Have you been living under a rock? Princess is actually late to the game in this regard. Most US airlines have already waived cancellation penalties for flights booked within a certain time frame for example.

Most are only waiving these fees for new bookings within a relatively small purchasing period.

Example from one airline:

To offer customers more flexibility, we are pleased to announce that we will waive change fees up to 14 days prior to travel for travel purchased between March 1, 2020 (4:30 p.m. CST) and March 16, 2020 (11.59 p.m. CST).

The airline offer is to encourage new bookings. Bookings prior to the stated start date stiull will have standard cancellation penalties in place.

This is quite different than the Princess offer which applies to cruises purchased in the past and have yet to sail in the next several months.

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

I cancelled yesterday. The cancellation fee from yesterday (which is now a FCC today) was a little less than the EZAir amount so I am assuming it went back to the credit card. Nothing has been credited yet. 

Good to know thanks.  Was your EZ air non-refundable?  We were going to cancel our April cruise and takes our losses anyway.  We now want to take up the offer of cancelling and getting fcc.  If we also get our airfares back for future use that would be a big bonus.