Can I eat the fruit? Going on a snorkel trip.

Jezo

Going on a small boat snorkel trip which provides fruit, drinks, and snacks.

A decade ago I had the worst sickness of my life in Cozumel from eating *something*, no idea what it was as we only went to the places recommended for tourists.  Spent two days with the worst stomach bug of my life.  Helped me lose some weight and look good in wedding pictures but I am not really wanting to go through that ever again.

Mexico is so well known for this they have it branded as Montezuma's Revenge.  I have never been to Roatan so I don't know if that's the case here or are things generally okay?  We are going with a local tour operator and this is their standard platter they serve guests.

Most of the frit has been peeled.  Or sliced oranges.  So there shouldn't be any issues.  I don't recall any reviews on these boards that complained about getting sick from fruit on an excursion.  And ship excursions are basically cattle boats so they turn over thousands of cruisers every week.

Well to comment on the cattle boat bit, that is why we booked our own tour.  Just the six of us on a boat and the two tour guides.  Didn't want to deal with dozens and dozens of people on a small ship.

• Like 1

I would think getting sick or not would be more about how the food was prepared and how clean the people doing the work are. Also your immuine system comes into play. I doubt anyone here can tell you if you can eat the food offered or not. 

What I can tell you is I have been visiting the island for over 20 years, in that time I was only sick once in 2003. I believe it was food posioning because I was very very sick and then I was fine. 

On a related note ~ I only drink bottled water when on the island. 

• 2 weeks later...