Carnival is giving OBC to keep your booking from now until May 31st

jlabs03

Interesting about the cancellation policy. We had a cruise planned out of Florida for May. Wife paid deposit.

Life got in the way and we had to cancel cruise but wanted to do the four day out of Long Beach.

Carnival allowed us to move over the deposit. We thought for sure we'd be out that deposit on the FL cruise.

Wife indicated we had $50 per person on board credit but I wonder if this new "promotion" would apply to us.

that wording is standard for all cruises. due to this new policy, it seems you have to call up carnival or your TA to cancel without a penalty 

You still have the penalty— you just get that penalty amount back in the form of OBC when you purchase your next cruise (within one year).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailing 3/29 and no e-mail.

I did finally talk to my PVP who verified $200 OBC to be split between the two passengers.  She said the OBC will eventally show up on our booking documents.

Also verified that as of today there are no itinerary changes.  This wouldn't bother me since it's the sea days I love.

I think this a generous and totally unexpected move on Carnival's part.  I told my daughter days ago that I would understand if she wanted to cancel and she just laughed.  Double checked with her this morning and again she laughed.

This will cover the Chef's Table.  Thanks Carnival!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

No email yet for our May 25th sailing. Giving OBC for keeping the reservations is above and beyond and a great move by Carnival, IMO.

Just found out from my TA Princess is also offering the OBC but thankful for this thread and the $200 we will received on our May 9 cruise, got a group of 23

2 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I wonder if prices are going to go up with all this obc being given.i don't set foot on a carnival ship until 2022. It's mostly paid for but between now and then???

Well short term, the opposite is true.   The cruise lines have taken a big hit here, so someone has to pay the bill.

I was excited to see the letter. My friend told me about it this morning. We are booked for May 10th on a 4 day Baja cruise. This will cover our gratuities. Hope my letter comes soon. I printed a copy to bring with me in case I don't automatically receive the credit when we board. It's a nice incentive for those of us stilling wanting to cruise. I think it's smart to offer rebooking options for those who want to reschedule. Maybe the ships will be less crowded the next few months.

34 minutes ago, Haveuseen1 said:

Booked direct w/Carnival.

I'm out on 3/28 as well and have nothing yet either.  Personally think they are dealing with the next 2 weeks 1st.  Prob will get something by Monday.

2 hours ago, 1city@atime said:

I was excited to see the letter. My friend told me about it this morning. We are booked for May 10th on a 4 day Baja cruise. This will cover our gratuities. Hope my letter comes soon. I printed a copy to bring with me in case I don't automatically receive the credit when we board. It's a nice incentive for those of us stilling wanting to cruise. I think it's smart to offer rebooking options for those who want to reschedule. Maybe the ships will be less crowded the next few months.

Imagination?? We are booked for that one also. DH and I discussed it, and so far, have no plans to reschedule our cruise.