Jump to content

Royal Changes Cancellation Policy to 48 hrs


Recommended Posts

Perhaps given the number of discussions this could be pinned, since it has the actual details and not speculation.

 

Just saw an announcement from Royal on their "Cruise with Confidence".

It says go to http://*****/RCICruisingWithConfidence for more details.

Replace the stars with bit dot ly.

Hope I'm not in violation here, by working around the web link rule, but it's kind of important that people know about this.

Edited by TBone2K
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow just went on the rccl website and saw this. Scheduled for spring break with our grands and makes me think.... thanks for the heads up...

Edited by renjrusa
mis spelled
Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, thats a gamechanger for us.  i was all set to cancel next week before our final payment is due because even through i have insurance and can CFAR, i still would loose 25% which is significant given i have 2 cabins.  If this allows me to use the full amount for future cruises, well reconsider cancelling.  Good move RCL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 20165 said:

If this allows me to use the full amount for future cruises, well reconsider cancelling.  Good move RCL.

 

Note that Future Cruise Credits are issued per person and are not transferable.  And depending on the "sale", the amounts may differ per passenger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just took a look at pricing for a similar cruise to our 4/26 eastern Caribbean cruise next April.

Prices are roughly double what we paid for this one.

So even with the FCC from this cruise we'd still be way behind.

Not really much of an incentive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RWMike said:

Just took a look at pricing for a similar cruise to our 4/26 eastern Caribbean cruise next April.

Prices are roughly double what we paid for this one.

So even with the FCC from this cruise we'd still be way behind.

Not really much of an incentive.

Im assuming you would be able to get a better cabin for the same price you paid.  i didnt read anything in the policy stating you had to stay in the same category when you rebook or i missed that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

 

Note that Future Cruise Credits are issued per person and are not transferable.  And depending on the "sale", the amounts may differ per passenger.

Can Future Cruise Credits  be used for on board credit, prepaid gratitude or short excursion? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...