how many pats of butter do you get in MDR with your bread

luckyinpa

On 3/6/2020 at 5:23 PM, DENIE said:

Love this!  As someone said, you get  a plate with 3 compartments, each containing a different kind of butter.  As I recall, at least one can vary from night to night.  Butter is whipped, so spreads nicely!  🙂  Thanks for the nice diversion.😄

It think it quite unsettling that people talk so casually about whipping defenseless butter. Have they no respect for the feelings of that innocent condiment!?! 😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

It think it quite unsettling that people talk so casually about whipping defenseless butter. Have they no respect for the feelings of that innocent condiment!?! 😳

🎵 I say whip it, whip it good...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Butter Luminae 2017

butter in Luminae.jpg

im in lowly CC, can i get this from my steward or perhaps bribe someone in MDR to give me one. i cannot imagine the hours that went into sculpting each of these

On 3/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

In the States, we call it margarine...😉

I love the ad on TV recently for "Plant Butter".  I call this margarine  as well.  🙂

Edited by Rala
spelling

Actually I have just purchased the "classic butter package" but I am confused.  Do I get as much butter as I want?  It appears to cover only basic margarine and salted butter?  How is the basic stuff they put on the table?  

I am a bit of a "butter snob"  I regularly ask for butter from organic cows, which are happy, grass fed, and from Switzerland.  

Should I upgrade?  Is it worth it?  

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Butter 101 -- DH always asks for 'real' butter. Dutch speakers will recognise 'echteboter' 😀

Similar to German, “echte” Butter”. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, deultgen said:

Actually I have just purchased the "classic butter package" but I am confused.  Do I get as much butter as I want?  It appears to cover only basic margarine and salted butter?  How is the basic stuff they put on the table?  

I am a bit of a "butter snob"  I regularly ask for butter from organic cows, which are happy, grass fed, and from Switzerland.  

I guess it depends on what you'll be putting it on.

8 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Butter 101 -- DH always asks for 'real' butter. Dutch speakers will recognise 'echteboter' 😀

8 hours ago, reallyhooked said:
  • Thanks for all the light hearted humor. We needed this in light of what happening 

Y'all hush up about the butter.  After reading this nonsense last night, I was forced from my recliner into the kitchen where I removed two biscuits from the freezer, placed them in the toaster oven, slathered them with real butter, and gobbled them down before I could get myself under control.  I'll never get into my cruise wardrobe at this rate.  Don't guess it matters for a while since I cancelled my cruise for 4-4 on Equinox this morning.  Wouldn't have, but my dau. insisted.  Her reasoning being I am 75 and have had pneumonia three times in the past year.  Guess I am grounded now.

Carolyn in Texas

15 hours ago, deultgen said:

If you upgrade for better butter on this trip, it could lead you down a slippery slope on future cruises...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We find we don't need to upgrade to the Premium package as we prefer the Classic dinner rolls. 

Some people won't buy the Premium package because they think it's too much dough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, Host Kat said:

Yes it does, but to me it tastes like greasy yellow air. There is no real buttery flavor like there is when it is served in the little gold-foil wrappers.

That’s because whipped butter has had the soul sucked from it. Thankfully, whipped butter is not a thing here in UK. We like real butter, full of delicious bad, artery clogging fats and a little salt! 🤣🤣

• Like 1