Who is planning to cancel? Who is planning to get OBC?

On Horizon right now. We had no intention to cancel and no regrets being here. The crew keeps busy cleaning and they have crew members posted at a bunch of different hand sanitizer stations strongly encouraging everyone to use it. Barely any chatter from passengers about corona, except for those of us who joke about it. It doesn’t look like anyone’s fun is impacted at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:35 AM, Barbarella14u said:

Cancelled and re-booked my May cruise for the end of next March. Would rather have been able to book for May again but as per the cancellation letter we had to sail by the end of March.

Aside from the obvious possibility of getting sick, I can't take the chance of being stuck on the ship and really don't want to get turned away from any ports of call.

Hopefully this will all be behind us by then.

i was told we could sail by end of 2021 and booked by end of March 2021.

51 minutes ago, DenaInWyo said:

Keeping my holding pattern.  How things go over the next three weeks, the next couple of weekends in particular with the ships coming and going, will make my decision.  

This.  Just.  Sucks.

Brief concise and to the point, their might be a word or two missing but still not bad.   

I’m hoping not to cancel my April cruise, but the issue may be my employer no letting me return to work afterwards which will force me to cancel. They are still deciding and formulating a policy. . It will be my first vacation in 14 months and first cruise since 2018.... No way do I want to postpone it.  

4 minutes ago, vacruizer said:

I’m hoping not to cancel my April cruise, but the issue may be my employer no letting me return to work afterwards which will force me to cancel. They are still deciding and formulating a policy. . It will be my first vacation in 14 months and first cruise since 2018.... No way do I want to postpone it.  

My last cruise was when I was pregnant with my son.  He is 5 now and is so excited to go.  I think he'll be more disappointed than we are.  

I JUST GOT THIS FROM CARNIVAL>>>  

Nevertheless, we know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation, as well as incentives to proceed with your plans. The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:

• US$50, per cabin, for 2 – 5 day sailings

• US$100, per cabin, for 6 day sailings and longer

If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spiritfire777 said:

Nevertheless, we know our guests have questions about their upcoming cruise and we have relaxed our cancellation policy to provide flexibility should you wish to reschedule your vacation, as well as incentives to proceed with your plans. The following applies only to guests who booked on or before March 10, 2020.

• Guests who choose to keep their booking, as currently scheduled, for departures June through September, 2020, will receive the following onboard credit (OBC) amount:

If you choose to continue to sail with us, we will automatically apply your onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account. There is no need to call us. 

Woohoo! That includes us....I think.  🙏

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spiritfire777 said:

I’m going to be loaded on my magic cruise.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Brief concise and to the point, their might be a word or two missing but still not bad.   

*there

Couldn't resist  <running and ducking...shots fired!>

But yeah, I think that's all any of us undecided people can do at this point.  Things seem to really be blowing up tonight.  

1 minute ago, DenaInWyo said:

*there

Couldn't resist  <running and ducking...shots fired!>

But yeah, I think that's all any of us undecided people can do at this point.  Things seem to really be blowing up tonight.  

Not on my best day list...and its past Miller time here

• Like 1

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Not on my best day list...and its past Miller time here

I'm just teasing anyway.  I have had a couple of my own and have had waaaay past enough internet for the night.  It's starting to creep up on me a bit.  

• Like 1

Ok, let me regroup. Using the previous cancellation policy due to the Coronavirus I was able to reschedule my April 4 cruise to July 25. I did this last Friday, so my new booking falls within the new Coronavirus cancellation policy so I am staying ahead of the curve, yay! 

Seriously though, this whole thing s***ks! Way beyond how cruise lines and avid cruisers are affected, this is getting real. I still believe it is way overblown in the media but that ship is in full sail so here we are. Now I am thinking I might only have a week or so of toilet paper supply, evidentially this now an issue, every day it is a new challenge!

• Like 2

So far we have kept our September cruise but instead of havana interior we switched to a regular balcony as our friends 25 of them all have regular cabins, last year we did havana and loved it. but we want to feel we have outdoor private space if we need it, with that being said we have along with price drops have $410 OBC doing this and we already had $125 as a group and special when we booked and now Carnival are giving us another $100. so it will be a fun cruise!!  I did have to cancel my trip to London in April which is a bummer but rebooked for August fingers crossed we get to go! not a cruise trip!