Transportation to San Antonio from Santiago airport

SunHawk

On 3/6/2020 at 6:32 PM, SunHawk said:

Does anyone have information on bus lines from airport to San Antonio or private transportation?

We used I Love Chile tours to go from our hotel in Santiago to San Antonio.  We used TansferChileTours to go from the airport to our hotel ($35).

On 3/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, SunHawk said:

Does anyone have information on bus lines from airport to San Antonio or private transportation?

One option is to take the Pullman Bus from downtown Santiago to the bus station which is at the port in San Antonio. The cost is 4100 CLP pp  which is about 6 USD. You can book paying with a PayPal account via the recorrido website. There have been numerous posts in this forum about this should you wish to know more detail.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, crdtrnr said:

Just curious..what was the cost of the transpo from santiago to san antonio?

thanks

We had a private bus arranged with I Love Chile Tours by our roll call group - it was $300 USD split by 10 people.

Thanks to all who replied to my msg.  When I wrote that, I had found the that the Pullman buses were not running and the Turbus web site only had a schedule that extended a few days and at that time did not cover March 15 (it does now or or did yesterday).

We have taken private transport from the port to Santiago several years ago but it was in my opinion expensive at $60 per person.

All my research for transport is now moot since we have cancelled our cruise.  We had an Ocean view and if a quarantine situation came up we did not want to be stuck in a cabin without an opening to the fresh air.

Maybe run into you some other time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 7:36 AM, Payd said:

One option is to take the Pullman Bus from downtown Santiago to the bus station which is at the port in San Antonio. The cost is 4100 CLP pp  which is about 6 USD. You can book paying with a PayPal account via the recorrido website. There have been numerous posts in this forum about this should you wish to know more detail.

Do they allow you to board with luggage?

On 3/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, FranknBeans said:

Do they allow you to board with luggage?

A year ago we took a Pullman bus from Santiago to San Antonio and it was a fairly easy and much cheaper (~$6 per person) than private transfers. We each had a large piece of luggage + a carry on size bag that were placed in the luggage compartment under the bus. Our backpacks stayed with us on the bus.

The buses ran very often so there was no need to purchase tickets in advance. We arrived at the bus station at 10 am and we were able to buy tickets and make it onto the 10:20 am bus. The bus was less than half full.

This information is a year old so not sure what you would find today. 

If you want to read more details about how this all worked for us, here is a link to my blog post that includes a lot of photos:  Santiago to San Antonio by Bus

I am very familiar with the public buses in Santiago and San Antonio .   Just used again last month.  

The information above is not complete with the op question of Airport.     This involves 2 buses.   There is Tur and Pulman buses from the airport.     These go to the Alamada Station.   From there you can take either Pulman or Tur again  to San Antonio bus station.      Yes you can check baggage ,   hand it off and get your claim sticker.   KEEP track of the sticker as they frequently will require you to show it.   

Be aware,  seats are assigned,   so be sure to look at your ticket for the number.   

I walk from the San Antonio station,    a couple blocks.      Last 2 seasons,   Pullman has been at the cruise port entrance where you can walk up for departure.

I never purchase tickets ahead,  there is no need to.   From the airport and bus stations credit cards are accepted.     

• Thanks 1