For those who have completed cruises in the past 2-3 weeks, how full have the ships been?

Feb 15-22 on the Sky was a fully packed ship. My next cruise on the Sky scheduled for March 20th I have a feeling it will not be a fool. Then again it can also go the complete opposite route. 

Caribbean Princess 2-16 thru 3/1 (cut short by one day) full.  Flew on 3/2 from FLL - plane full.  Some people were wearing masks at the airport and on the plane.  Plenty of coughing.

Edited by treesah
16 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I realize it can be somewhat difficult to tell to some extent because even on a reasonably full ship, it may appear to be not so crowded but based on your perceptions, what % of the normal passenger load would you say have been on the ship?

Royal Princess 2/15 - 2/22 full and no real sign of precautions (no staff posted at hand washing stations, etc.).

As corona virus started in the middle of China and, as far as I know, only appeared on the Diamond Princess, which serves the east Asian market.  There were relatively few Americans on that cruise and I believe some of them "caught" it, but our country has a population of 327 million people with less than 100-200 people diagnosed with it, mostly on the west coast. 

2 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

As corona virus started in the middle of China and, as far as I know, only appeared on the Diamond Princess, which serves the east Asian market.  There were relatively few Americans on that cruise and I believe some of them "caught" it, but our country has a population of 327 million people with less than 100-200 people diagnosed with it, mostly on the west coast. 

Are you confused about the thread you're posting to?  Because I've done that. 

10 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Are you confused about the thread you're posting to?  Because I've done that. 

No, I'm not confused and don't know why you said that.  I realize I didn't "respond" to the thread's title, but it was the first thread I saw re the virus and put in my "two cents worth."  Perhaps I should have added that while we don't have a cruise scheduled since my DH died recently, I wouldn't hesitate to do a TA if he were still alive as that what we often did in the spring.

Edited by BarbinMich
2 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

No, I'm not confused and don't know why you said that.  I realize I didn't "respond" to the thread's title, but it was the first thread I saw re the virus and put in my "two cents worth."

I said that because the response, even if not specifically on topic, was such a non sequitur.  Nevertheless, feel free to post whatever you want.

5 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

In the US we now have over 400 cases and 16 deaths..  the virus has spread to both coasts and states in between.... in my county alone we have 71 cases....this is  not a medical problem to be taken lightly!

I do not think you will know the real capacity.

I am currently on a ship in the Caribbean on a different cruise line.

This cruise was sold out for months . I checked a week before we left and saw availability in 5 different categories.

Of course when I asked guest services when I boarded, they said the ship was full.

I am sure they do not want to upset anyone.

We currently have an Alaska cruise booked. Seems far out to worry about it but we have no insurance. I spoke to the next booking person and was surprised at her answer.

She said we can cancel anytime and get full credit for a future cruise good for 2 years.

Or, we can wait and if they cancel, we will get a full cash refund.

Very happy with the reply.