What to do with prepaid gratuities?

28 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Since Princess is offering a $200 OBC for those who will go on their March cruise, and since I don't know what to do with that OBC, is the proper play (can I?) for me to cancel prepaid gratuities and let the OBC pay for that?

You can't find anything to spend $200 on a cruise ship? There is Dining, Stores, Drinks (unless you have a drink package too) & Shore Excursions? 

So I got my $200 and I canceled the prepaid grats as well as a couple of excursions I paid cash for.  And then, I rebooked the excursions via OBC and will let the remaining OBC handle the gratuities and the $100-150 of drinking and specialty dining that I may do which should bring me close to zero. 

29 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

So I got my $200 and I canceled the prepaid grats as well as a couple of excursions I paid cash for.  And then, I rebooked the excursions via OBC and will let the remaining OBC handle the gratuities and the $100-150 of drinking and specialty dining that I may do which should bring me close to zero. 

Has your $200 OBC already been posted to your account?  If so, where did you find it listed?  Our cruise is in May and we are keeping our reservation and will be entitled to the $200 OBC credit as well.

29 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Has your $200 OBC already been posted to your account?  If so, where did you find it listed?  Our cruise is in May and we are keeping our reservation and will be entitled to the $200 OBC credit as well.

It posted in my March cruise under "Payments".  I did not receive anything yet for my 4 other cruises this year, 2 of which are in May.

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

It posted in my March cruise under "Payments".  I did not receive anything yet for my 4 other cruises this year, 2 of which are in May.

Thanks.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

Since Princess is offering a $200 OBC for those who will go on their March cruise, and since I don't know what to do with that OBC, is the proper play (can I?) for me to cancel prepaid gratuities and let the OBC pay for that?

Yes. Good idea 

On 3/6/2020 at 7:11 PM, drowelf said:

You can't find anything to spend $200 on a cruise ship? There is Dining, Stores, Drinks (unless you have a drink package too) & Shore Excursions? 

I spend very little onboard. Don't drink. Don't gamble. Buy very little onboard. Usually take independent excursions. My account onboard is very small.