World Cruise 2023

The itinerary was released today with a three minute video and some fanfare. Here are the itinerary and pricing as best as we could get them. One start point in Miami, with three possible end points of Athens (119 nights), Venice (128 nights) or Barcelona (140 nights).

WIN_20200307_01_26_04_Pro.thumb.jpg.5669a5e60ca1c83c049aebfeb7b9ab6e.jpg

WIN_20200307_01_31_01_Scan.thumb.jpg.070e6f9cb215ab30e46f84427b01d9b0.jpg

The booking window for current World Cruisers is Mar 7 - 11.

Fanfare!

last year the Captain came and spoke.

this year live music and bloody Mary’s etc. 

the idea of a party at 11 am without the captain talking was sad.

a segment could work but over lol cruise is no.

Roland4,

Was there anything in the announcement that named the ship for the WC?  I'm just wondering if this amounts to a tacit admission that the new ocean vessel won't see service by late 2022, or if I'm reading too much into this?

1 minute ago, KenzSailing said:

Roland4,

Was there anything in the announcement that named the ship for the WC?  I'm just wondering if this amounts to a tacit admission that the new ocean vessel won't see service by late 2022, or if I'm reading too much into this?

Unless the new ship has identical stateroom categories to the Serenity then I’d take it as being the ship for the WC2023 from the pricing schedule....🤔

Anne...

Thanks for posting. I like the itinerary although I miss the sea days. But at the moment, we are not sure we will like to commit so many years in advance. We will see how things develop and how Crystal comes out of this crisis.

Ivi

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Where’s the sea days?

How many do you want???  I just did a quick run through of the Miami to Athens 119 days option (the additional two segments are just regular Med itineraries) and I picked out 49 sea days, which by my calculation is 41% of the WC....  I think if I were paying for a world cruise I’d want to be seeing more of the world than the inside of the ship so 60/40 is surely a fair enough split??? 🤔

Anne...

18 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Roland4,

I doubt there would  be a new  ship by then even without the current Coronavirus situation or any other reason not to commence the work.     Even if there was though (and I don't see it by then anymore) there is no reason why  the newest ship has to be used for the World Cruise.  I know this is they way Crystal did this in the past  but many cruise lines do not use their newest ship(s) for  a world cruise.  Regent  and Silversea are examples of this.  

With that said, Serenity  is being used for 2023.

Keith

5 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

How many do you want???  I just did a quick run through of the Miami to Athens 119 days option (the additional two segments are just regular Med itineraries) and I picked out 49 sea days, which by my calculation is 41% of the WC....  I think if I were paying for a world cruise I’d want to be seeing more of the world than the inside of the ship so 60/40 is surely a fair enough split???

Anne, I couldn't agree more. We did a world cruise sector for the first time this year and it was way too many sea days for us - granted we had a couple of extra ones thrown in due to missed ports but it made us realise that we prefer more port intensive cruises so no more world segments for us (that are sea day heavy) and even if we were retired I can't see us ever doing a world cruise. Different strokes for different folks.

5 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

How many do you want???

To each their own...

The most concurrent sea days I could find was 4 then a 3 day run then after that it’s all 2 days max 

We like 5+ sea days together - I realise it’s not for everyone but I do know several people who really enjoy a good run of sea days and the activities that Crystal usually put together - or the lovely relaxation option it provides  

No worries as we have Trans Pacific’s on Serenity to look forward to in 2021 and 2022 and who knows where we’ll be in 2023 

7 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Roland4,

Yes, it is definitely on Serenity. I very much doubt if Crystal will see a new ship before mid/late 2023 at the earliest.

I don't think I've ever seen a World Cruise that appealed to everyone whether it was the mix of ports/sea days or the itinerary.

Actually the favorite one we did with respect to Itinerary when it was first announced I was wondering if Crystal was on "drugs" when they put the itinerary together.  As  it turned out having sailed it (2010 World Cruise with 24 segments in the Middle East including visits to Iran, Saudi Arabia, three different UAE ports, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Israel, Egypt, etc, etc.) I am so grateful we had the opportunity to do this while it was possible to get to some of these places.

For many itinerary in terms of geography is important in their decision for individual or full segment.  By this I mean ports and where the ship is sailing.  For others  sea days  are  more important.  I know  some  whose primary destination on the World Cruise is the ship including a few who love playing bridge.  Still others like a mix.

Glad to see there will be one starting city for those booking the full World Cruise.   The 2008 World Cruise ended with  two 12 day segments of the Mediterranean.  Sometimes this is a welcome change  if you've been  through many days of countries which are "less organized" than those of the Med.

All three of the full World Cruise options are on the longer side of the average Crystal World Cruise although I realize 2021 has one option which is quite long.   

Larry, Robin, Linda, and any others on-board any reaction from fellow guests you may have spoken with about the 2023 World Cruise?  Also,  did they cover on-board amenities such as whether or not items they added in for 2022 (doctor visits, 48 hour laundry) are included and any mention of a Gala?   

Keith

I can answer part. It was so strange as Gary talked before and after a video.all I can remember is the flyer was at the door. I took one..read it..answered your Facebook question and trash it.

nothing was said about laundry or Drs etc.

one main reason I did not like the full WC you could only start in FL  not CA. For many that does not work.  After six times I do not need to go thru the canal again so soon. Plus not sure of a 4rh Tahiti run. The flyweight mention Easter Island. I thought that Island was a hard port to get into .

i much rather  get on in AU and cruise to,Europe.

not asked one person about 2023  as many went but after the cruise to somewhere I am sure many are not running as fast.

also  I think 40 or 50 sea days is more than enough. After more sea days than ports this year it makes me question my future   Cruising. I want ports with a sea day or two to rest up ,do laundry and get nails done.

Thank Robin for the additional thoughts.

I did learn about items which are part of WC 2023 after posting.  They include:  Welcome reception on eve of departure, two complimentary transfers, shoreside gala dinner, two shoreside events, up to $500.00 per person luggage reimbursement, two-day laundry, doctor visits included, and other items such as gifts, etc.

Keith

20 hours ago, Roland4 said:

I very much doubt if Crystal will see a new ship before mid/late 2023 at the earliest.

In 2016, I wrote these fearless predictions on some other message board:

things that will happen before crystal has a new ocean ship

• two US presidential elections
  • six super bowls
  • the San Diego Chargers will have a new stadium
  • Apple will release iPhone 16
  • driver-less cars will be common on Earth
  • a Tesla will be launched into space

I meant it only as an observation, but if there is a new ship in 2023, it's pretty much spot on - just one more Super Bowl and maybe another iPhone version.

28 minutes ago, drib said:

things that will happen before crystal has a new ocean ship

• Apple will release iPhone 16

Well, now we know why Apple skipped the iPhone 2 and iPhone 9.

Very clever drib, very clever.

Edited by KenzSailing
Needed addl quote material

At this moment, we are not worried about a new ship from Crystal. We are more concerned with Crystal coming out of the crisis that Coronavirus is creating to the travel industry in general and to the cruise industry in particular.

Ivi