World Cruise 2023

21 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Thank Robin for the additional thoughts.

I did learn about items which are part of WC 2023 after posting.  They include:  Welcome reception on eve of departure, two complimentary transfers, shoreside gala dinner, two shoreside events, up to $500.00 per person luggage reimbursement, two-day laundry, doctor visits included, and other items such as gifts, etc.

Keith

Welcome!

i glance at the flyer and did not notice the above listed. But I was not interested in the cruise at all.

oh I do know a Heike and a Ryzard  on another cruise line. Not nice to make fun of two great HD's.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, Roland4 said:

The itinerary was released today with a three minute video and some fanfare. Here are the itinerary and pricing as best as we could get them. One start point in Miami, with three possible end points of Athens (119 nights), Venice (128 nights) or Barcelona (140 nights).

WIN_20200307_01_26_04_Pro.thumb.jpg.5669a5e60ca1c83c049aebfeb7b9ab6e.jpg

WIN_20200307_01_31_01_Scan.thumb.jpg.070e6f9cb215ab30e46f84427b01d9b0.jpg

The booking window for current World Cruisers is Mar 7 - 11.

Thank you so much for posting this. I got the email about it, could not find anything on their web page, but in the email I noticed this interesting phrase "pre-paid gratuities'

Have never seen it listed this way, which made me wonder if Crystal is going to start charging gratuities rather than saying they are included. We have cruises with Crystal many times and hope to do a World Cruise in the coming years. This itinerary looks fabulous. 

1 hour ago, mybagsarepacked said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I got the email about it, could not find anything on their web page, but in the email I noticed this interesting phrase "pre-paid gratuities'

Have never seen it listed this way, which made me wonder if Crystal is going to start charging gratuities rather than saying they are included. We have cruises with Crystal many times and hope to do a World Cruise in the coming years. This itinerary looks fabulous. 

I just looked at the World Cruise 2022 Brochure which was handed out last year on World Cruise 2019 and also sent out as an e-mail and they used thee same words "preemptions-paid gratuities" so I would not read anything other than it was another way of saying inclusive gratuities.

Keith

4 hours ago, mybagsarepacked said:

I believe gratuities were always included in a full World Cruise booking. I suspect this is just "hold over" wording from the days before All Inclusive that has never been removed. Nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Crystals Press Release on WC 2023

Photo Link: Crystal Serenity at Sea

Video Link: Crystal Cruises 2023 World Cruise

WILD KINGDOMS & EXOTIC DISCOVERIES SET FOR

CRYSTAL CRUISES’ 2023 WORLD CRUISE

Epic voyage visits 73 destinations on six continents on one of Crystal’s

most extensive World Cruise itineraries ever

MIAMI, March 26, 2020 – As Crystal temporarily pauses its global journeys, the company is looking ahead toward future explorations with luxury travelers with the announcement of its 2023 World Cruise. One of its most comprehensive global explorations ever, the 2023 World Cruise is now available for booking beginning today. The extensive Wild Kingdoms & Exotic Discoveries world cruise aboard Crystal Serenity is packed with spectacularly diverse destinations – 73 in all, including five maiden ports and 16 overnight cities spanning 40 countries – with a focus on the world’s greatest wonders and UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The journey explores idyllic islands from Tahiti to the Seychelles and Maldives; eco-diversity in Papua New Guinea and Big Five safaris in Africa’s Serengeti; famed spice route locales such as Bali, Ternate, Java, Sri Lanka and Zanzibar; ancient wonders including Ephesus, Petra, Bagan and Machu Picchu; and beach holiday hot spots including the Dalmatian coast, Bora Bora, Yasawa-I-Rara, St-Tropez and St. Barts.

Taken in full, the 140-night journey embarks from Miami on January 11, 2023, ending in Barcelona on May 31, with two alternate disembarkation options in Venice and Athens for 128- and 119-night itineraries, respectively.

“We know that travelers and those with a heart for discovery are looking forward to the journeys the future holds beyond the current global health crisis, and we are delighted to unveil one of Crystal’s grandest journeys yet. The 2023 World Cruise is a culmination of so many of our guests’ ultimate travel wish lists, a truly multi-layered global odyssey,” said Carmen Roig, Crystal’s senior vice president of marketing and sales. “Travelers continue to share with us the experiences that intrigue and inspire them, the places and cultures they want to explore with Crystal, and we’ve listened to them and created what may be our most extraordinary journeys to date.”

Also offered in nine separate segments ranging from nine to 23 nights, Crystal’s 2023 World Cruise features in-depth regional exploration, allowing guests to deeply immerse themselves in the cultures, cuisines, histories and adventures of thee destinations. Among the highlights are:

·       Access to the sites of three of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World – Turkey’s ruins of the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus and the Temple of Artemis and Egypt’s Pyramids of Giza.

·       Access to 70 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Quito, the capital of Ecuador, UNESCO’s first world cultural heritage site; Yangon’s Bagan Archaeological Zone and Monuments; Tanzania’s Mt. Kilimanjaro; Croatia’s Palace of Diocletian; the Trulli of Alberobello, Italy; Easter Island’s Rapa Nui National Park and many more.

·       Five maiden calls in Gladstone, Australia; Madang and Wewak, Papua New Guinea; Ternate, Indonesia; and Haa Alif Atoll (Utheemu), Maldives.

·       Overnight stays in Panama City, Panama; Callao, Peru; Easter Island, Chile; Bora Bora and Papeete, French Polynesia; Sydney, Australia; Rabaul, Papua New Guinea; Bali (Benoa), Indonesia; Singapore; Chennai/Madras, India; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Mahé/Victoria, Seychelles; Barcelona, Spain; plus double overnights in Yangon, Myanmar; Mombasa, Kenya; and Venice, Italy.

·       Focused destination segments in the Caribbean and South America; South Pacific and French Polynesia; Australia, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia; Southeast Asia and India; the islands of the Indian Ocean and Africa’s east coast; Egypt and the Arabian Peninsula; and the Dalmatian Coast and the Adriatic.

All guests sailing aboard Crystal’s Full World Cruise enjoy valuable savings, including combinable 2-for-1 fares, Book Now Savings of up to $14,250, Combination Savings and a $1000 per person Air Credit applied as a discount. In addition, other savings that may apply include 2.5 percent Crystal Society savings, 2.5 percent early full payment savings, 2.5 percent onboard booking savings and/or reduced cruise deposit of 15 percent per guest for those already booked on a 2021 or 2022 world cruise. Other exclusive perks include a welcome reception aboard Crystal Serenity on the eve of departure in Miami, As You Wish shipboard spending allowance up to $2,500 per guest, private town car transfers between port city airport and the ship on embarkation and disembarkation days and World Cruise shoreside gala events.

Crystal’s 2023 World Cruise has already been extremely well-received by Crystal Society members during their exclusive booking window and opens for sale to all guests today; fares for Crystal’s 2023 Wild Kingdoms & Exotic Discoveries World Cruise begin at $46,699 per person.

With more than 30 years cruising to the far reaches of the world, Crystal has a long tradition of implementing and maintaining the highest health and safety policies at sea. Please visit this link to learn more about Crystal’s Health Protocols.

FYI, for anyone who uses my fare database, I just updated it for the the World Cruise and all its segments.

If you are a Subscriber user, the World Cruise is available there too.

Tomorrow, since I have nothing to do, and nowhere to go, I'm going to try some social distancing all the Crystal single cruisers. I'll start with just one category - C3 - clone it to C3-S - and start storing that in the database too. There are likely to be some anomalies because single supplements come and go. But I figure it's worth a try, and if you let me know that it's working and is useful, then maybe I'll extend it to fares other than C3.

4 minutes ago, drib said:

FYI, for anyone who uses my fare database, I just updated it for the the World Cruise and all its segments.

If you are a Subscriber user, the World Cruise is available there too.

Tomorrow, since I have nothing to do, and nowhere to go, I'm going to try some social distancing all the Crystal single cruisers. I'll start with just one category - C3 - clone it to C3-S - and start storing that in the database too. There are likely to be some anomalies because single supplements come and go. But I figure it's worth a try, and if you let me know that it's working and is useful, then maybe I'll extend it to fares other than C3.

Fabulous - thanks Drib.  Could you start with E2 on Symphony too ?

Hi drib!  Since I'm usually solo I will be looking forward to your added data.  I haven't seen a blanket single supplement policy listed on the Crystal site in the last couple of years.  In the past they had one published, such as 140%(or whatever) for all B1 cabins for example.  In the last couple of years I have only seen random single supplement prices listed for specific cruises but not all.  What criteria will you use for your Fare Compare?  Across the board percentages such as 135% for C3 or only the fares that are specifically published for any individual cruise?

Thanks,

~Nancy

59 minutes ago, oakridger said:

What criteria will you use for your Fare Compare? 

It will be whatever you see on the Crystalin web site under the heading "Your Low Solo Fares."

I messed up the earlier update for the world cruise fares, but that should be back by tomorrow morning, hopefully along with the C3 and E2 solo fares.

As always, I appreciate bug reports from Cruise Critic members.
4 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Drib, how do I sign up to receive your regular and solo listings?  

From fare compare, click on "subscriber" from the links on the right. You can subscribe to up to 25 trips.

When you subscribe the first time, it will replace the page with a link that includes your personal key. Bookmark that so you will have it for your next visit. (Or it will be in your email at the bottom.) I do it this way so that you don't have to remember yet another password.

My programs are on a shared host, because it's a cheap operation, and some email services will think I'm sending out spam, although it was probably somebody else on the shared host. So check your spam folder for email, and create a filter to stop that in the future, if you know how to do that. I can walk you through that, but only for gmail. 

When you get an email, which is usually just once per month - except it's been so crazy lately, that sometimes there are more - it will look something like this:

859266183_Screenshot2020-03-27at9_37_11AM.png.30b412e053ccac5d45771c98db5ef26a.png

... where you only see fares that have changed recently. So, you don't subscribe to just solo fares, you subscribe to all fares, which will include C3-S and E2-S next time.

In theory, I could add all solo fares, but for now, we'll just try these two out - one for Symphony and one for Serenity - seems fairly fair for fares for now. And as always, your email will have more than the minimum* number of pieces of flair!

Edited by drib
* the minimum is 15
  • 4 months later...

It's early and probably wishful thinking, but I have a few 2023 World Cruise questions:

1.  There are 3 WC options for 2023.  The shortest is 119 nights.  If we do that option, do we get all the benefits/gifts that the people who do the 140 night WC option.  In other words, are we considered "full World Cruisers"?

2.  If we reserve now and book soon, do we get the benefits mentioned earlier in this thread (ie: 2 day laundry and dr visits)?

3.  Are we limited to the # of specialty restaurant visits?  Prego is what we really want the most.  Nobu does not interest us enough beyond maybe once or twice in 119 nights.

4. How much engine vibration do you feel on Serenity in a B2 (slightly obstructed) cabin that is closer to middle than aft?

I have researched this with Crystal and the answers are not clear to me.  Just curios to the answers from many of you Crystal experts.

Thanks for the help.

WE did 8068 on our last Serenity cruise -- no issues on vibration from ships engines.

You really need to check with Crystal as to the perks.  Especially regarding Dr and Laundry.  The other perks are being offered as OBC for the three WC lengths.  Higher days = more money.

Specialty restaurants -- there is no limit on the number of times you use these.  The limit is the number of free no charge visits.  In a suite it is unlimited.  For a non suites especially on longer lengths you will get more than one and you need to ask your TA or Crystal for the specifics. 

11 hours ago, imcpa said:

2 day laundry and dr visits)?

OMG, for a moment I thought Crystal was offering free MD visits as a WC perk.  Then I realized it was dining room not Dr visits,  MSC will now pay your medical expenses if you get CV on them so thought this may be something Crystal was looking at. LOL.

24 minutes ago, cruisr said:

OMG, for a moment I thought Crystal was offering free MD visits as a WC perk.  Then I realized it was dining room not Dr visits,  MSC will now pay your medical expenses if you get CV on them so thought this may be something Crystal was looking at. LOL.

Same here 🙂

Physician visits are included for full WC guests. I just copied this from Crystal's 2023 WC page. (The same included benefits are also offered on the 2022 WC.)

Rob

EXCLUSIVE EVENTS: FULL WORLD CRUISE

WELCOME CELEBRATION RECEPTION ABOARD Crystal Serenity on the eve of departure in Miami for Full World Cruise Guests

GALA DINNER World Cruise Extravaganza Shoreside Event

EXCLUSIVE SHORESIDE World Cruise Event

BENEFITS: FULL WORLD CRUISE

TWO (2) COMPLIMENTARY private town car transfers between port city airport and the ship on day of embarkation/disembarkation in port city

EXCLUSIVE THEMED Onboard Events

SPECIALLY CURATED GIFTS

ROBUST ENRICHMENT PROGRAM, culinary experiences, celebrity entertainment and special festivities

EXCESS LUGGAGE REIMBURSEMENT if applicable for Full World Cruise guests (up to $500 per guest)

FREE 2-Day Laundry4

FREE doctor visits onboard4

Terms & Conditions

All offers may not be combinable with other promotions, apply to first two full-fare guests in stateroom or suite, are capacity-controlled and subject to availability and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Other restrictions apply. Ask for details. All itineraries, programs and policies are subject to change without notice at the discretion of Crystal Cruises. All Priority Waitlist Deposits are fully refundable.

1Early Full Payment Savings of 2.5% only applicable when balance paid in full 12-month prior to 2023 World Cruise departure. 2Air Credit of $1,000 per guest only applicable to first (2) guests on a reservation. 3Initial deposit amount due at time of booking. 4Does not include express laundry. Does not include medications, extended treatment or shoreside treatment/facilities.

12 hours ago, imcpa said:

It's early and probably wishful thinking, but I have a few 2023 World Cruise questions:

1.  There are 3 WC options for 2023.  The shortest is 119 nights.  If we do that option, do we get all the benefits/gifts that the people who do the 140 night WC option.  In other words, are we considered "full World Cruisers"?

2.  If we reserve now and book soon, do we get the benefits mentioned earlier in this thread (ie: 2 day laundry and dr visits)?

3.  Are we limited to the # of specialty restaurant visits?  Prego is what we really want the most.  Nobu does not interest us enough beyond maybe once or twice in 119 nights.

4. How much engine vibration do you feel on Serenity in a B2 (slightly obstructed) cabin that is closer to middle than aft?

I have researched this with Crystal and the answers are not clear to me.  Just curios to the answers from many of you Crystal experts.

Thanks for the help.

The perks are the same regardless of which option you choose. They are all considered to be Full World Cruise bookings. We are actually booked on the 119 day one in 2023.

It will be interesting to see how COVID-19 changes the terms and conditions for the doctor visits.

18 hours ago, imcpa said:

Are we limited to the # of specialty restaurant visits?  Prego is what we really want the most.  Nobu does not interest us enough beyond maybe once or twice in 119 nights.

I had been under the impression that full world cruisers were not charged for "extra" visits to Prego or Umi Uma, but I can't find anything about that in the brochure.  Of course if you are in a Penthouse, there is no charge for as many visits as you want.  And you can do more for a nominal charge even if you are not in a Penthouse.

So assuming that there is a limit, it will probably be at least 4 visits on most of the segments, since they are mostly over 2 weeks.  We have had a limit of 8 visits on one 24 night Amazon cruise, and a limit of 6 on other segments of about 19-20 nights.  I don't remember the exact number of nights, but it might have been more than on any of these WC segments.  If the limit is 4 for a segment, you can use all 4 for Prego, you don't have to split them 2 in Prego and 2 in Umi Uma.  There is no limit on Silk Road or Churrascaria.

The only other limit (for everyone) is that you can only make one advance online reservation per segment each for Prego and Umi Uma.  But once you are on board, you can fill up your schedule with more reservations.

Keep in mind that the printed menu is the same every night in both Prego and Umi Uma.  They do have a nightly special, but I doubt that changes every night either.  On the world cruise, they will probably change 2 or 3 of the items on the printed menu at least once or twice during the cruise.  Prego is wonderful, but I can't imagine wanting to eat there every night for 4 months.  In Waterside they change the menu every day, so there is a lot more variety.

P.S.  The brochure I referred to above is for the 2022 WC.  I can't find one for 2023, but the individual segments seem to be on the average a little shorter than for 2022 except for one that is 23 nights.  If there is a limit, it will vary by the number of nights in a particular segment. 

Edited by SusieQft

Unless there is a change, over the last few years, full World Cruisers don’t have a limit on the number of times they go to Prego or Umi Uma for no charge.  Obviously, the visits are subject to availability.

Nancy

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Unless there is a change, over the last few years, full World Cruisers don’t have a limit on the number of times they go to Prego or Umi Uma for no charge.  Obviously, the visits are subject to availability.

Nancy

That is correct. During the 2020 WC we went to both whenever the spirit moved us and never had a problem getting seated. I cannot honestly remember any time when either restaurant was full.