Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ryndam said:

FWIW, Cunard has canceled its 2021 world cruises and its entire Australian/New Zealand season through 2021.

 

Rob

 

Just got the official notice and they are shutting down into March/April/May depending on the ship. It is not just Australia/New Zealand, it is the entire Pacific schedule for calendar year 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Why not go to their website and look it up?

 

www.crystalcruises.com

 

 

Oh my word, I've done that! What about the other costs? Yeah my ex said something about "normal cruise" earlier last week so I'm a little nervous about what he paid and the slow refunds. I really do try to take the high road but sometimes it's CHALLENGING!! Seriously knowing it is a barista makes this situation more difficult for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Well I know some people like to plan ahead!

 

World cruises I am so impressed. How much does an average Crystal cruise cost with everything involved?

These are all the six to seven day cruises (you said 7) on Serenity and Symphony in 2021 and 2022.  

Use the link and then click on some of the voyages that come up to see pricing.

 

Easy Peasy.  

 

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage-finder?dates=Jan++2021|Feb++2021|Mar++2021|Apr++2021|May++2021|Jun++2021|Dec++2021|Nov++2021|Oct++2021|Sep++2021|Aug++2021|Jul++2021|Jan++2022|Jul++2022|Aug++2022|Feb++2022|Mar++2022|Sep++2022|Oct++2022|Apr++2022|May++2022|Nov++2022|Dec++2022|Jun++2022&&duration=6 to 7 Nights++6-7&&ship-types=Crystal Serenity++Ocean|Crystal Symphony++Ocean

 

Keith

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed there are a lot of short cruises .

As Crystal is depending heavily  on the US market  , I am curious if people do find the courage to do a 6  - 9 hours flight to Europe for a 7 days cruise ?  I find the New York   to Quebec to short to enure those flights despite in business   

I was booked twice booked  on the Esprit  and twice a cancellation  - obviously because there were nog enough passengers 

last year on the Esprit there were 60 pax ( 2 singles )  I believe 9 were non US ...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vistaman said:

Indeed there are a lot of short cruises .

As Crystal is depending heavily  on the US market  , I am curious if people do find the courage to do a 6  - 9 hours flight to Europe for a 7 days cruise ?  I find the New York   to Quebec to short to enure those flights despite in business   

I was booked twice booked  on the Esprit  and twice a cancellation  - obviously because there were nog enough passengers 

last year on the Esprit there were 60 pax ( 2 singles )  I believe 9 were non US ...  

 i want to say "endure" 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Is Crystal taking reservations? I know they're currently not taking payments for existing cruises.

Yes, but the only way to pay, at the moment, is to use FCCs if you have them.  They are not taking money in any form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crickette said:

Yes, but the only way to pay, at the moment, is to use FCCs if you have them.  They are not taking money in any form.

Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I made reservations sans d'argent a month or so ago. No money down, yet I was able to get a stateroom of my choice on the one and a guarantee on the other( I could have selected a stateroom in higher level categories but I chose not to and am taking a chance with a guarantee...-at least I have a stateroom on the ship.. hopefully not  all the way forward,  like my stateroom on one crossing(7002 Symphony ) both sailings are going to be on Serenity . I have no problem booking at  the moment, as you get  the best of both worlds- a selected stateroom AND no deposit until October-and even  that may even be pushed back s due to that recent announcement about them not taking any deposits/payments for now ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who are making reservations, are you doing so through your TA as you would normally? Or, are you making the reservation through the line, then will transfer it to a TA when the deposit is required? My TA said no payments until at least November 1.

 

Edited by fyree39
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

For those who are making reservations, are you doing so through your TA as you would normally? Or, are you making the reservation through the line, then will transfer it to a TA when the deposit is required? My TA said no payments until at least November 1.

 

I start a dummy reservation   to see if a state room I want is available, then  I will ask my TA  to book it. However, I have , even with Crystal and not just HAL or Celebrity, NCL,  etc,  booked cruises myself on said cruise line's  website and later fill out the form to transfer the booking to my personal TA, within the allowed timeframe  60 days ....I will not use a Personalized travel agent" of a cruise line, for various reasons- the biggest couple are

1.the personal service of someone who knows you your tastes, and in my experience has traveled on many of the lines you have a nd have an idea of "what you are in for "when trying a new cruise line...

  2.When you need something while on your way to or during your cruise and/or something goes wrong, your TA can be an advocate for you and often get things done a lot faster and with a better outcome than  trying to do it yourself 

 

  I and maybe some other CC board followers may recall back in 2014, our flight from LAX to Tokyo , expected to arrive sometime in the afternoon..  ended up being 6 hrs late stuck on the tarmac at one point, because of a problem in the control tower we were l unable to take off, as the airport was closed down  for a while. meanwhile,  new flight attendants had to be brought on due to the wait, exceeding overtime , then we had spent so much gas while waiting  to take off(had taxied away from the gate), that we had to return. some @#$ passenger demanded to be taken back to the gate because they were going to miss a wedding in Tokyo, etc. .but when we finally got word as to why we could not take off, a  number of us got on our phones to  call our TAs to let them know hat was going on and that we were afraid we were going to miss the ship, and when you are doing a crossing9TP) in this case, it isn't like you could just meet up at the next port!

   Within a few minutes my TA(cant speak fo rothers) was on the phone with Crystal,(cant speak for the other passengers) and in a first and only time I have ever heard an officer dalk directly to  a group of passengers "something to the effect of "To those of you  who are Crystal Cruise passengers who are se boarding  the Crystal Symphony in(Yokohama or Tokyo I don't remember),  we have been advised that they will be waiting for you and that there will be a coach to take you there."     i.e.t he ship won't leave without you LOL  I figured with General Haley and the Crystal Magician   on board as well as almost 20 passengers on this plane,(there is safety in numbers at times folks!) LOL and  Crystal's owners , NYK headquartered in Tokyo and LA  the home office of Crystal , it did make it easier to respond to the situation, but still My TA did not know about the airport closure until I called her, and she immediately contacted Crystal..  This is just is one example of when it is really beneficial to have your own TA,going to bat for you

Edited by wearesiamese
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Ig 6 hrs late stuck on the tarmac at one point, because of a problem in the control tower we were l unable to take off, as the airport was closed down  for a while. meanwhile,  new flight attendants had to be brought on due to the wait, exceeding overtime , then we had spent so much gas while waiting  to take off(had taxied away from the gate), that we had to return. some @#$ passenger demanded to be taken back to the gate because they were going to miss a wedding in Tokyo, etc. .but when we finally got word as to why we could not take off, a  number of us got on our phones to  call our TAs to let them know hat was going on and that we were afraid we were going to miss the ship, and when you are doing a crossing9TP) in this case, it isn't like you could just meet up at the next port!

   Within a few minutes my TA(cant speak fo rothers) was on the phone with Crystal,(cant speak for the other passengers) and in a first and only time I have ever heard an officer dalk directly to  a group of passengers "something to the effect of "To those of you  who are Crystal Cruise passengers who are se boarding  the Crystal Symphony in(Yokohama or Tokyo I don't remember),  we have been advised that they will be waiting for you and that there will be a coach to take you there."     i.e.t he ship won't leave without you LOL  I figured with General Haley and the Crystal Magician   on board as well as almost 20 passengers on this plane,(there is safety in numbers at times folks!) LOL and  Crystal's owners , NYK headquartered in Tokyo and LA  the home office of Crystal , it did make it easier to respond to the situation, but still My TA did not know about the airport closure until I called her, and she immediately contacted Crystal..  This is just is one example of when it is really beneficial to have your own TA,going to bat for you

And  before the above, to start our 11 hr fligh/t to Narita,(ya right),not even the 1 1/2 hrs on top of that, to get to Yokohama from Narita our plane was 2 hrs late arriving at LAX .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

boarding  the Crystal Symphony in(Yokohama or Tokyo I don't remember)


It was the Tokyo cruise terminal...  I remember that cruise fondly!  🙂
 

Vince

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

And  before the above, to start our 11 hr fligh/t to Narita,(ya right),not even the 1 1/2 hrs on top of that, to get to Yokohama from Narita our plane was 2 hrs late arriving at LAX .....

I was stationed at both Misawa and Atsugi. I made that Narita flight to SFO with two in diapers annually and me in my dress whites. Did I mention the youngest was a lap child (that's all the Navy would pay for) and she peed through her diaper onto my uniform? Memorable, that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I was stationed at both Misawa and Atsugi. I made that Narita flight to SFO with two in diapers annually and me in my dress whites. Did I mention the youngest was a lap child (that's all the Navy would pay for) and she peed through her diaper onto my uniform? Memorable, that.

I am not quite sure what your point is or relevance to the above? I don't know what you are getting at. To invalidate mine  and others stress on that  flight? That our  collective experience was not as stressful as yours , flying  with 2 kids?  You were not there.. and FWIW once we were  on board I think everyone involved had a great time on that crossing..:)I have kids fwiw and chose not to take them on air trips while they were that young ...

  My point was that you can have the perfect storm of events such as we had  getting to that cruise and that this is why it is good to have your own TA and not that of a cruise line(in response to  poster asking about the use of ones own ta)

Edited by wearesiamese
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I am not quite sure what your point is or relevance to the above? I don't know what you are getting at. To invalidate mine  and others stress on that  flight? That our  collective experience was not as stressful as yours , flying  with 2 kids?  You were not there.. and FWIW once we were  on board I think everyone involved had a great time on that crossing..:)I have kids fwiw and chose not to take them on air trips while they were that young ...

  My point was that you can have the perfect storm of events such as we had  getting to that cruise and that this is why it is good to have your own TA and not that of a cruise line(in response to  poster asking about the use of ones own ta)

It was an anecdote. Nothing more. Nothing nefarious. Thanks for your time. Carry on smartly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to book this cruise.  It goes to so many places on my bucket list!  I will be solo if anyone else is considering this sailing!

 

All that being said I am concerned about giving Crystal a substantial deposit in November.  I cancelled an August cruise in April and still don’t have my deposit back.  I would love thoughts and perspectives on my concern.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, spingal said:

I really want to book this cruise.  It goes to so many places on my bucket list!  I will be solo if anyone else is considering this sailing!

 

All that being said I am concerned about giving Crystal a substantial deposit in November.  I cancelled an August cruise in April and still don’t have my deposit back.  I would love thoughts and perspectives on my concern.

 

Thanks!

As I have posted a day or so ago, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve.  Crystal's LA/Miami staff say "we are continuing to proces ... please be patient".  This has been the case since +/- August 20/25.  Credit card disputes excepted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crickette said:

As I have posted a day or so ago, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve.  Crystal's LA/Miami staff say "we are continuing to proces ... please be patient".  This has been the case since +/- August 20/25.  Credit card disputes excepted.


Yikes.  Hope I get it back!  I did file a claim with my credit card company.

 

This info helped me make my decision........not booking it.  Will look at other world cruises on other cruise lines.

 

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crickette said:

As I have posted a day or so ago, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve.  Crystal's LA/Miami staff say "we are continuing to proces ... please be patient".  This has been the case since +/- August 20/25.  Credit card disputes excepted.


Has Crystal actually said they’ve stopped refunding because of what’s going on at GHK?  I think where there at may look that way, and to some people feel like a pedantic difference, but I was under the impression that the high volume of chargebacks right now are exceeding the receivables they’re getting back from the operations deposits (from things like supplier refunds and deposits).  In reality, they’re doing LOTS of refunds (thanks to cardholders), just not in a really orderly manner.

 

Vince

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, crickette said:

As I have posted a day or so ago, it is my understanding that Crystal is not processing any refunds until reorganization/restructuring/equity partner issues begin to resolve. 

 

 

I am curious as to your source for this statement. I have not seen or heard anything to this effect, though it would not surprise me if it is true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...