Jump to content

Anyone Taking O up the Travelers Assurance Program in the Caribbean?


Recommended Posts

My wife and I sail on the Riviera this coming Wednesday and will need to decide if we are going by Monday.  I know of no issues on any Caribbean cruise and would favor going.  She is less certain about going.  The good news is that we don't have to go to an airport and onto an airplane to get to Miami. 

 

Is anyone else considering cancelling a Caribbean cruise?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are pulling out - suppose to leave March 21 on Riviera.  DH and I decided it’s not worth it.  We may not get sick, but just the stress of always worrying about it, is not in our opinion worth it.  We will call today to look at options.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my husband and I are flying out on Tuesday to join the Rivera on Wednesday, we did briefly think about cancelling , but decided against it, we cannot hide away from life, yes it is scary but sometimes you just need to get on with things. I could get knocked down tomorrow but it doesn’t stop me leaving the house .

Link to post
Share on other sites

We our leaning toward canceling our April 1 cruise but will watch to see how things play out over the next 3 weeks.

It just seems we would be stressed the whole trip hoping nobody comes down with symptoms.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, some of us will still be on the cruise next week.  I wonder if they will offer any last minute upgrades since it appears there will be some empty cabins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and I are still set to sail on Sirena 3-18 to the Caribbean!  Luckily no flights involved, just a drive from Palm City to Miami.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stu and  I are flying from LAX for the  Sirena April 1 cruise..we have two USA ports and NCLs private Island plus Bermuda and Bahamas..I also am not going to hide away in fear..I just called Oceania and at this time ship is still full..

Jancruz1

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Well, some of us will still be on the cruise next week.  I wonder if they will offer any last minute upgrades since it appears there will be some empty cabins.

ask when you board..

Jancruz1

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like Florida people are still planning on going, whereas a number of people who would have to fly in are re-considering.  Since this is a short sampling of passengers on this cruise, I am not really making any assumptions beyond what has been posted here.

 

We bailed out of Caribbean cruises long ago ... but we would be flying from NYC and right now (not that we are booked anywhere) I doubt that we would chance the air.

 

Congratulations, Jan and Stu, for being braver than we are!

 

Mura

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Stu and  I are flying from LAX for the  Sirena April 1 cruise..we have two USA ports and NCLs private Island plus Bermuda and Bahamas..I also am not going to hide away in fear..I just called Oceania and at this time ship is still full..

Jancruz1

Strange that this cruise is still "full" when the Riviera which leaves on 3/11 had over 180 cancellations.....maybe there will be more OR less on the Sirena 4/1 after the numbers continue to come in....but I sincerely doubt it.  When talking to Am Ex Platinum Dept today to cancel hotels for our pre and post 3/11 cruise - the agent told me that there were balcony cruises being offered for $240 for a week long cruise to the Caribbean....said he has never seen anything like this.

I feel for those in the travel industry...but also feel for myself - as I worked SO hard fighting cancer last year and was so looking forward to this cruise....but hopefully another one will be in our future real soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've just deferred our March 11 sailing on Riviera.  We'd be travelling from the UK.  We have complete faith in Oceania that they would do all they could to prevent carriers getting onboard however not everyone has a sense of social responsibility and we're just not willing to take the chance that everyone would be honest when asked the relevant questions.   It would be such a dreadful waste of money should there be an outbreak and very upsetting to spend our time quarantined in the cabin.   Hopefully we'll go next year when things have been sorted out (or not as the case may be!). Good luck to everyone who goes and have a great time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rosroz said:

We are travelling from London tomorrow, but our Virgin flight is still going , so are we , 

Our car will be heading down I95 tomorrow morning!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, Trudyrand said:

We leave Miami on April 1 and are planning to stick with it (as of today, at least).

Us too, as long as our flights from Glasgow aren’t cancelled by BA or the government. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 5:15 PM, ricka47 said:

Well, some of us will still be on the cruise next week.  I wonder if they will offer any last minute upgrades since it appears there will be some empty cabins.

I had the same thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, ricka47 said:

I wonder if they will offer any last minute upgrades since it appears there will be some empty cabins.

Attractive upsells are more likely than upgrades.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are scheduled for the March 21st cruise out of Miami on Riviera and still planning to go. We have no underlying health issues currently and are not over 60 so I don't feel that we are 'disobeying' any specific warnings.

 

(But I am watching the news and these boards very closely!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...