March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

Latest update. 

Carnival Panorama 03/07/2020: Thank you for your patience. Debarkation remains suspended pending medical test results for a guest who was on board last weeks cruise. Results are expected sometime after 6PM. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal as the parking garage is full. We apologize for this delay and will provide an update in two hours.

9 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Ugh I hadn’t heard about that one. Is that ship empty at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I have not seen any news (nor can I find any on the Princess board) about a delayed embarkation for Royal Princess?  Where are we seeing this news?  Just echoing your question, hawkeye93...

Update for anyone else waiting at port. There is s food truck outside and they have relaxed security so you can come in and put with only your boarding pass. So at least we can pay for food without jumping through hoops. FYI girl scout cookies disappeared in like 30 seconds. Probably should have bought one but ai was hoping out for free lunch. 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

Yes, I have not seen any news (nor can I find any on the Princess board) about a delayed embarkation for Royal Princess?  Where are we seeing this news?  Just echoing your question, hawkeye93...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2714468-royal-princess-march-7-2020-mexican-riviera/page/8/#comments

5 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

Multiple Princess groups and pages active right now 

5 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

I just got off the Royal Princess this morning.  All was good.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

I was able to find on twitter an actual passenger who is waiting to board the Royal Princess. They said their embarkation has been delayed and they have not been given a reason yet. Not confirmed but "hearing" that the Royal Princess had shared crew with the Grand Princess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You obviously have an agenda with all your negative posts. I just want you to know it obnoxious and not helpful at all, but I’m sure that’s exactly what you’re aiming for. Good job!

He's right though.  Even worse is if it's positive and CBP forces them back out to sea to await further testing.

This is going to be the new reality folks.  Those of us who choose to sail from this point forward know that we could be stuck in a situation like this. 

Personally, I'm about one more ship being held indefinitely at sea from cancelling my April 11 cruise.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, indygirl76 said:

That is absolutely genius, re the cookies, and I applaud the lack of price gouging! ($5 is the normal - obscene - rate.) 

Obscene my foot.  Those coconut delights are worth every penny.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On the Panorama now. They are doing trivia games, comedy show, movies on lido, etc. But this is frustrating because of Carnival’s lack of honesty and communication. When we docked at approximately 630 there were already ambulances present. We sat in out waiting area for several hours and they kept telling us we were ‘still waiting for clearance’. At one point, they finally disclosed that a passenger had been taken due to a ‘heart condition’ and that we would be getting off shortly. We were told specifically that it had absolutely nothing to do with the corona virus, Many more announcements followed with the Same ‘we are waiting for clearance’. After 12, we were informed that precautionary testing for the virus for this person was being conducted but that the results would be 6 hours off. So as of now, almost 5 pm, no news

2 minutes ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

On the Panorama now. They are doing trivia games, comedy show, movies on lido, etc. But this is frustrating because of Carnival’s lack of honesty and communication. When we docked at approximately 630 there were already ambulances present. We sat in out waiting area for several hours and they kept telling us we were ‘still waiting for clearance’. At one point, they finally disclosed that a passenger had been taken due to a ‘heart condition’ and that we would be getting off shortly. We were told specifically that it had absolutely nothing to do with the corona virus, Many more announcements followed with the Same ‘we are waiting for clearance’. After 12, we were informed that precautionary testing for the virus for this person was being conducted but that the results would be 6 hours off. So as of now, almost 5 pm, no news

This is exactly right. The lack of communication has been nothing less than frustrating. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

And the fact that they downright LIED about it. We sat in the platinum waiting room for over 5 hours. They knew straight away that testing was going to be done. Kept stringing us along giving us false hope that we may not miss our flights. So cruel.

What is the morale like?  Are they at least serving booze and keeping the party going?

2 hours ago, rudoja00 said:

He's right though.  Even worse is if it's positive and CBP forces them back out to sea to await further testing.

This is going to be the new reality folks.  Those of us who choose to sail from this point forward know that we could be stuck in a situation like this. 

Personally, I'm about one more ship being held indefinitely at sea from cancelling my April 11 cruise.

We didn’t go on the Panorama Cruise that is currently waiting disembarkation. 

We will come up ahead mentally and financially by staying home.