Suite guarantee

vineyard66

Have you ever booked a suite with suite guarantee?  If so, when were you notified as to your cabin number?  Was it prior to final payment and if not when?  Was notification delayed until you boarded the ship?  We have cruised a good amount, but this is the first time we booked a sky suite with  a suite guarantee.  Tried to get some information from Captains Club on Celebrity and they were not very helpful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vineyard66 said:

Have you ever booked a suite with suite guarantee?  If so, when were you notified as to your cabin number?  Was it prior to final payment and if not when?  Was notification delayed until you boarded the ship?  We have cruised a good amount, but this is the first time we booked a sky suite with  a suite guarantee.  Tried to get some information from Captains Club on Celebrity and they were not very helpful.

You will typically be notified of GTY stateroom / suite assignments a few weeks ahead of your sailing date up to the actual day of boarding. Although it can happen earlier and ahead of final payment.  Although rare, if the notification comes as late as boarding day, your boarding docs will be adjusted internally to reflect your stateroom assignment and your luggage will be redirected accordingly. 

Captains Club really would have no way of assisting as the assignments are all handled internally and not information that is visible to CC.  Not really part of their area of responsibility. 

When they are assigned, if for some reason you would like to be in a different location, if the same category as assigned is available in inventory you can request a specific stateroom to be reassigned.  While hot a certainty, they will try to accommodate you. If you booked through a TA then contact them for assistance - otherwise contact Celebrity directly. We have done this several times in the past.  But I don't think there are any undesirable suite locations with Celebrity.

I've had a couple guarantee cabins including suites and AQ.    Some I was notified within a day or two of booking.   Others I went until 7 days prior to the cruise and then one an upgrade without ever being assigned a cabin.

We have booked a guarantee suite before and were pleased.   I think our sky suite was assigned shortly after booking (booked in June for a September sailing)  though we were not informed.  I found out by accident when calling Celebrity and the rep mentioned our cabin #.  

On the Reflection we had a good location for our sky suite (in the area of the old Aqua Spa Suites with enhanced tub).  In my opinion some of the sky suite under the Ocean view would not be as desirable.   Sometimes, you can be assigned an accessible sky suite that has a roll in shower and lower sink arrangement.  The great thing about ANY suite is the Retreat and Luminae benefit.  Keep checking after signing in to Celebrity for a cabin assignment, it will show there first and if there are still other cabins in the same category sometimes they will change you a different cabin.  This has happened for us once.  It all depends on how close to the cruise you are assigned and how many suites are available.  You could always WIN and be upgraded above your expectations.  Good Luck

Our most recent experience was, when we booked we were assigned a cabin (sky suite 2) within a month. It was an ok location and an accessible cabin which we didn’t need, but liked the idea of the larger cabin. After we made final payment I realized that the cabin number was different. We ended up to our surprise with an aft facing S2 cabin smaller than the accessible one but we absolutely loved the location. 

We booked a suite guarantee on the Edge (booked 2 months before cruise) and got our cabin assignment about 3 weeks later. This cruise was part of a back to back with another cruise line. The suite guarantee for that cruise came 6 days before sailing. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums