Silhouette returning to port again

Quo Vadis?

5 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

I only saw someone else’s photo. They didn’t have luggage in hand but I’m not sure that means anything. Still waiting for new itinerary. 

We've experienced medical emergencies before on past X sailings. All guests got off with their luggage. It would be interesting to know the cause of this “medical emergency”.

52 minutes ago, cruisejunkie136 said:

I am currently sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette.  We  just left the port of Miami where we did in fact dock in the commercial area of the port and personally observed two people depart the ship from my balcony.  We were informed last night vía a captains announcement that passengers were disembarking due to an undisclosed medical emergency and are once again returning to Miami.   During the same announcement and as a result of us returning twice now, due to unforeseen circumstances, all passengers are receiving a 25% refund back on our original form of payment and two days worth of OBC .

Fast forward to the “Return to Miami part II”.......

As mentioned above, I am on my balcony watching this.  The odd part of this “medical disembarkation” was that both persons left in a  taxi.   There were two marked  police cars and a fire truck on scene.  The interaction between the parties was casual and appeared more whimsical to the extent that the departing guests were posing for photos while at the pier.  This resulted in them getting booed by fellow cruisers watching this exchange.   Hmmm.  
I don’t want to feed into any rumors but I feel more at ease knowing they were not surrounded by numerous health professionals in masks and gloves and leaving in an ambulance.  (On the return to Miami part I both passengers left in far from desirable methods)
I can say that the executive staff is doing their best informing us as much as they can during these trying times for the industry .  We are back on course although  I am not clear on what our next stop will be.  

A lot of information is getting distorted by keyboard cowboys and adding to the hysteria that we really do not need.  I just wanted to share my personal observations to dispel any rumors.  

the mood on board is not very festive but we are all trying our best to enjoy our vacation and make light of the situation.  The beverage package is a huge help.  

Safe travels to all.  

Thank you for sharing and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise. Hopefully the rest of it will be less eventful!

• Like 1

Most ppl we’ve chatted with are fine and just going w the flow yet would like to understand what in the heck today’s deal was.  But no one knows the itinerary and passengers and crew have plans in port that we may need to change. We need dates so we can adapt our arrangements. Excursion and onboard activities staff are just waiting....waiting...

Most we’ve chatted with say drop Grand Cayman and let’s focus on ABCs. But no clue. 

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

We've experienced medical emergencies before on past X sailings. All guests got off with their luggage. It would be interesting to know the cause of this “medical emergency”.

From my experience, true medical emergencies involve the Coast Guard removing the ill passenger from the helipad.   I too wonder what is really going on, especially from the descriptions from onlookers.  

5 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Most ppl we’ve chatted with are fine and just going w the flow yet would like to understand what in the heck today’s deal was.  But no one knows the itinerary and passengers and crew have plans in port that we may need to change. We need dates so we can adapt our arrangements. Excursion and onboard activities staff are just waiting....waiting...

Most we’ve chatted with say drop Grand Cayman and let’s focus on ABCs. But no clue. 

Thanks! We are supposed to board this weekend. If everything is fine onboard and no panic/anxiety, entertainment is open etc, then we want to go.

I think they should at least let everyone know that it had nothing to do with what everyone seems to be talking about these days. They aren’t doing anyone any favor by not saying anything. I think it’s weird that they just walked off for a “medical emergency”. Are they diabetic? Did they forget their insulin?  
Oh well, alls well that ends well. Have fun in Curaçao 🥳👏🏼♥️

We just received new updated itinerary:

March 10 Curacao 3;30-midnight

March 11 Bonaire 8-8

March 12 Aruba 7;30-8

As previously mentioned it was very odd this morning....a couple walked off ship and left in taxi with their luggage. Fire truck and police cars on scene...all were laughing and joking and the couple last minute before getting into taxi to leave posed in front of ship and had member of fire rescue take their picture....on-watching guest were outraged and yelling in response to them. 

9 minutes ago, bajathree said:

March 11 Bonaire 8-8

March 12 Aruba 7;30-8

As previously mentioned it was very odd this morning....a couple walked off ship and left in taxi with their luggage. Fire truck and police cars on scene...all were laughing and joking and the couple last minute before getting into taxi to leave posed in front of ship and had member of fire rescue take their picture....on-watching guest were outraged and yelling in response to them. 

Ty for keeping us up to date.....Anything you share would be greatly appreciated.....Quite an adventure....Stay well

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bajathree said:

March 11 Bonaire 8-8

March 12 Aruba 7;30-8

The updated itinerary sound s about as good as they could do given the circumstances.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

On board Silhouette. One clarification: last night when the captain announced we were once again going back to Miami he said the passenger in question needed medical evaluation. At no time did he refer to this as a medical emergency. No one who interacted with the departing guests seemed the least bit concerned about any contagion— no masks or special protective gear. The EMTs wore gloves but that is what they do on every call. I suspect there is some fairly serious issue that a passenger needed to have evaluated promptly and that the medical staff on board recommended the evacuation. Celebrity has been professional through this whole experience and fair in the compensation they have offered. I really don’t think they would have chosen to return to Miami on a whim. This is costing them a lot. They must have felt it was imperative to return these passengers to the US.

• Like 5

Always interesting watching when someone has to be evaluated and you have no idea what is going on, and the couple in the taxi were most likely extended family of the actual medical issue person. 

But when we went through the Panama Canal, the Capt announced that we’d be making a stop at the first Lock and removing personnel with medical issues. there were two ambulances there and two taxi’s. A lady was carried off into one ambulance, and two young men were put in the other ambulance. And a few others who got off got into the taxi’s.

Talking to our favorite waiter later, he said the lady was a passenger, but the two men were crew who got into a knife fight over a woman. What i found interesting was they put the two knife fighters into the same ambulance.......hopefully no scalpels inside!!

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Talking to our favorite waiter later, he said the lady was a passenger, but the two men were crew who got into a knife fight over a woman. What i found interesting was they put the two knife fighters into the same ambulance.......hopefully no scalpels inside!!

Den

Perhaps the lady was the dangerous one!

• Like 2

I’m just curious why they didn’t evacuate them by helicopters usual rather than disrupting the whole cruise.  I’m sure there’s a legitimate reason and maybe I missed that explanation in this thread if so apologies.