Silhouette returning to port again

Quo Vadis?

54 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Someone reporting on Facebook that two crew members who transferred from a Princess Ship require testing and they are sitting off Miami

Untitled.jpg

That may be the Regal Princess. She seems to be doing circles off the coast of south Florida.

Update: Just read on the Princess board that the Regal is being held off the coast awaiting test results on two crew members who recently transferred from the Grand. Hope to be allowed in by noon. This weeks cruise was canceled. 

• Like 1

Think what going on with another princess ship different from silhouette- news said a third princess ship was being looked at cause it shared a couple staff with one of the other quarantined ships. 

Edited by s0479

45 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

That may be the Regal Princess. She seems to be doing circles off the coast of south Florida.

Update: Just read on the Princess board that the Regal is being held off the coast awaiting test results on two crew members who recently transferred from the Grand. Hope to be allowed in by noon. This weeks cruise was canceled. 

I believe this is Royal Princess not Regal.

If it was a heart attack or something else they probably would have air lifted them off.  Going all the way back to port is overkill for that.  Probably a link to the virus and they just want to make sure its not active.   Probably you'll be waiting for a little bit once they fly the test to the ship and then the 6-8 hours for the test to come back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

If it was a heart attack or something else they probably would have air lifted them off.  Going all the way back to port is overkill for that.  Probably a link to the virus and they just want to make sure its not active.   Probably you'll be waiting for a little bit once they fly the test to the ship and then the 6-8 hours for the test to come back.

Has to be something like that, not a normal medical emergency. Still on manoeuvres.

Untitled.jpg

3 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

The are probably waiting for test kit to be delivered otherwise they would have docked for regular emergency.

At this point they should really be stocking the ships with test kits before they leave

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, s0479 said:

At this point they should really be stocking the ships with test kits before they leave

The problem with that is you still need to send it to the lab for 6-8 hours time.  That is the problem right now.  It would save some time but you still have to return to port.

5 minutes ago, s0479 said:

That would only solve half the problem. They then have to be assessed. So they'd need to be in port anyway. 

On the Silhouette and no 8am announcement from the Captain like yesterday. The crew is being wonderful but as of last night knew nothing. Haven’t even looked outside yet. It’s very distressing and scary not to know what’s happening. And I could swear the Captain last night used the words “further evaluation.”  I may be wrong but my depressed ears perked up when I heard that. 

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Great idea.  When the kits are produced they should do that...

They said yesterday they had over a million but who knows

Edited by s0479

13 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

On the Silhouette and no 8am announcement from the Captain like yesterday. The crew is being wonderful but as of last night knew nothing. Haven’t even looked outside yet. It’s very distressing and scary not to know what’s happening. And I could swear the Captain last night used the words “further evaluation.”  I may be wrong but my depressed ears perked up when I heard that. 

They should at least be honest with the passengers if this is related to virus or not.  Not fair to leave you in limbo.  Not being transparent just makes it worse.  I can deal with most anything just be honest with me!  I’m supposed to be on reflection on Friday so watching closely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

CD just announced they’re evacuating the sick passengers and then resuming the cruise. 

Smart.  Although certain ports might prevent you from docking at this point.  We shall see.