Jump to content

Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

If hotels are not accepting our fellow cruisers at a time of need I would like to know names please.

That alone will tell you nothing.  You need to know if there was any availability.  It is high season in south Florida;  you cannot assume there are thousands of rooms available.

Edited by capriccio
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, capriccio said:

That alone will tell you nothing.  You need to know if there was any availability.  It is high season in south Florida;  you cannot assume there are thousands of rooms available.

Presumably their description of events will supply what you suggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The ship's webcam shows her docked now in Port Everglades. The Princess website posted at 10 pm Pacific time, which would be 1 am Florida time, that they would begin disembarkation and allow those who wanted to use the ship as a hotel to get back on.

 

This illness is going to decimate the travel industry; while you hate to be a doomsayer, at least some of the damage may be permanent. Some segment of the market will fear epidemics and quarantines forever, even if this situation is brought under control and even if years go by without a similar situation.

Edited by KmomChicago
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

The ship's webcam shows her docked now in Port Everglades. Does anyone have an update as to whether the passengers stayed aboard or disembarked, when boarding will happen for the next cruise, etc?

Sure hope🤞next cruise on 3-15 goes. We're on it, but am so saddened for those anticipating leaving on 3-8 and being turned away or having to leave the second week of their trip.

I just hope if Princess does cancel 3-15, they do it timely so you dont have people already there in Ft Lauderdale or en route and not finding out until they get to the port. That wouldnt be right or "customer friendly"....especially since the ship is already just sitting there for the next 6 days. The ship was cleared of any issues so further evaluations and cleanings have plenty of time between now and next Sunday to take place. But that's just an "anxious laymans" uneducated viewpoint......we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding available lodging is an issue.

 

We were in Fort Lauderdale Saturday, at Hilton Marina overnight, planning to board Regal on Sunday 3/8.

Woke at about 5am on Sunday and noted the absence of the Regal at Pier-2.

Once aware of the cancellation, we tried to quickly sort-out our short term options.

In checking with front desk at 6am Sunday, we were informed there were 'no rooms available' for Sunday night.

Calls to other nearby hotels resulted in the same lack of available lodging for Sunday night.

Calling the provided Princess assistance phone numbers just resulted in being placed into queue "on hold".

 

Instead, we called Delta Airlines directly and they helped change our EZ-Air March 22nd return flights.

It only took 5 minutes on the phone with Delta to re-book the flights, they were gracious enough to waive any fees.
Re-booked by 7am for a flight departing at 10:30am yesterday (Sunday) right back to our home airport.
 
I'll deal with the cruise lines at my leisure today/tomorrow to sort-out our current and future cruise situation.
 
For those disembarking Regal this morning, and those affected as we were by the cancellation - I wish you the best in coordinating your recovery operations from this situation!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Those passengers who wanted to stay on the ship overnight as their “hotel” were allowed to reboard  after disembarking and being cleared into the US.   
 

As it’s full season, finding hotels was more than likely very difficult. Glad to hear they offered this up as a great alternative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Those passengers who wanted to stay on the ship overnight as their “hotel” were allowed to reboard  after disembarking and being cleared into the US.   
 

As it’s full season, finding hotels was more than likely very difficult. Glad to hear they offered this up as a great alternative. 

At 10 last night I looked at the Marriott website and was surprised how many rooms were available. Most of the hotels had plenty of availability

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Those passengers who wanted to stay on the ship overnight as their “hotel” were allowed to reboard  after disembarking and being cleared into the US.   
 

As it’s full season, finding hotels was more than likely very difficult. Glad to hear they offered this up as a great alternative. 


I will clarify my post, as one appeared to be deleted. Once we learned we were going to be able to disembark, I booked a room at a local hotel. As time passed and we were still not off the ship, I knew it was going to be well over midnight before we checked in. I wanted to ensure we would continue to have our room, so I called the hotel to inform them of our very late arrival. They asked if I was returning from a cruise, and being an honest person, I stated yes. They asked what ship, and when I informed them, they quickly stated that they had to cancel my reservation and they would do a refund. I quickly contacted another hotel and we had no issue, nor the others from the ship checking in with us. This hotel was well aware who we are, and took us right in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:


I will clarify my post, as one appeared to be deleted. Once we learned we were going to be able to disembark, I booked a room at a local hotel. As time passed and we were still not off the ship, I knew it was going to be well over midnight before we checked in. I wanted to ensure we would continue to have our room, so I called the hotel to inform them of our very late arrival. They asked if I was returning from a cruise, and being an honest person, I stated yes. They asked what ship, and when I informed them, they quickly stated that they had to cancel my reservation and they would do a refund. I quickly contacted another hotel and we had no issue, nor the others from the ship checking in with us. This hotel was well aware who we are, and took us right in.

Thanks for the update. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:


I will clarify my post, as one appeared to be deleted. Once we learned we were going to be able to disembark, I booked a room at a local hotel. As time passed and we were still not off the ship, I knew it was going to be well over midnight before we checked in. I wanted to ensure we would continue to have our room, so I called the hotel to inform them of our very late arrival. They asked if I was returning from a cruise, and being an honest person, I stated yes. They asked what ship, and when I informed them, they quickly stated that they had to cancel my reservation and they would do a refund. I quickly contacted another hotel and we had no issue, nor the others from the ship checking in with us. This hotel was well aware who we are, and took us right in.

 

I'm very sorry that happened to you.  Glad you were able to find a hotel that was willing to take you in.  Sorry you had such a stressful day and hope that you had a great cruise up until yesterday.

 

If it's a privately owned hotel in the chain, they unfortunately have the right to not have someone stay.  I would still get in touch with corporate and let them know what happened to you.  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

 

I'm very sorry that happened to you.  Glad you were able to find a hotel that was willing to take you in.  Sorry you had such a stressful day and hope that you had a great cruise up until yesterday.

 

If it's a privately owned hotel in the chain, they unfortunately have the right to not have someone stay.  I would still get in touch with corporate and let them know what happened to you.  


I agree with you 100%. I will share my displeasure with their corporate since I do use this brand often for work, but I understand their personal choice. My main reason for sharing is I want other cruisers to be prepared if they get into this situation over the next few weeks. Would be terrible to get there expecting a room and they see a tag on a suitcase and not let you check in. Could put someone in a bad situation if other hotels are booked or you have little ones that are already exhausted and cranky. 

 

We had a great cruise and made it back home to Ohio this afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like to know which hotels are asking I'd you're coming from a ship. We're leaving on the Regal on the 22nd and may need to book hotels other than what we already have booked. I'd rather not waste time with someone who doesn't want our business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand the reluctance of the Poster to name the hotel company's property that refused his booking because he was on Regal Princess.

 

If the Company is one which is hold publicly held, shareholders ought to make their thoughts known to the Company's Lead Director.  A review on Tripadvisor wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed on the port everglades harbormaster website...

 

Regal Princess alongside in Ft. Lauderdale.

 

That the regal is schedule to leave at 19:00 today, with next port 'Princess Cay'

Returning 15-March.

 

I hadn't heard anything about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I noticed on the port everglades harbormaster website...

 

Regal Princess alongside in Ft. Lauderdale.

 

That the regal is schedule to leave at 19:00 today, with next port 'Princess Cay'

Returning 15-March.

 

I hadn't heard anything about that.

that's weird. Could be a mistake??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...