Equinox missing Key West 3/8

hrhdhd

I am closely following Equinox this week as I am to board for this same itinerary in two weeks.  Thank you for posting as I was curious about Equinox not being in port at Key West.  I hope you continue to give us updates on your cruise.

Happy Sailing and thank you for sharing.

Mark

Also on board Equinox. Was very windy yesterday and seas were fairly rough.... unfortunate that we are missing Key West but ship happens.  Doesn’t sound like there is any plan to try to get to Costa Maya early...

59 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

Enjoy your extra sea day!

Thanks. I like a sea day but DH had a fishing trip that he's sorry to miss, although it had already been changed from offshore to inshore because of the forecast.

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Captain just announced that because of 34-knot winds, which are forecast to increase throughout the day, we will be skipping Key West.

On to Costa Maya!

That is a loss.  Key West is a great stop.  One of our favorites!

The stop in Costa Maya was missed recently due to high seas.  Winds had been steady at 20 knots but the seas are the key factor.  It does make a difference which pier you are assigned.

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Thanks. I like a sea day but DH had a fishing trip that he's sorry to miss, although it had already been changed from offshore to inshore because of the forecast.

We are on the Equinox sailing after you. Can I ask what it is like onboard with the Corona scare? Are they serving people in the buffet?

4 hours ago, Mark.Jules said:

Looking at the webcam https://www.oceankey.com/key-west-webcam.aspx and Marine Traffic, Empress of the Seas is in port.  I have not checked the Empress Itinerary, perhaps they got in before the winds picked up. 

Empress got in at 8 am.  Equinox was scheduled for 7 am.   Interesting.  

2 hours ago, oneputt18 said:

We are on the Equinox sailing after you. Can I ask what it is like onboard with the Corona scare? Are they serving people in the buffet?

On the Equinox now.  Business as usual at the buffet.  They are not serving people.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your updates and wonderful post.   Keep us informed about how the cruise is going.   We also join the ship next Saturday.  

I hope you'll do a review.  😀 I think that reading reviews will take on a whole new level of importance for those who are still trying to decide if they are going to cancel or cruise.

We skipped Key West on our November Majesty of the Seas cruise due to winds too.  They circled the island a couple times before deciding we couldn't dock so we got a sea day that day and our original sea day became CocoCay so we didn't have less ports.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I hope you'll do a review.  😀 I think that reading reviews will take on a whole new level of importance for those who are still trying to decide if they are going to cancel or cruise.

For sure --- We will be aboard for 3 weeks and it might be the most boring Live Blog I have done as we have been to all the ports like many others -   I'll try to keep it positive but will also report concerns as we see them. 

• Like 2

We were in Costa Maya on the last western leg.  I can't believe they managed to tie up, the ships were taking a beating from the rough seas.  Once at the beach the wind wasn't bad but out on the pier the water was very rough. It was funny watching waves hit the pier side and the huge splash thrown up was soaking some the NCL passengers.  Last week we did miss Dominican Republic due to a health inspection that took forever.  The captain finally gave up and we sailed off about 1pm for an extra sea day, we received clearance to disembark about an hour after we left 🤣