Cruise Critic Community
jrmoglia

HAL Eurodam cabin size

First time cruiser here and we've booked 3 Aft cabins on HAL Eurodam for a summer cruise this year and I'm hoping some one can tell me if the cabins on Deck 6 (6177, 6179 & 6181) are the same size as the other aft cabins on deck 4 or 7.  I've asked the travel agent and he thinks they are the same size but the drawings appears to show the cabins on deck 6 as noticeably smaller.  I've looked through everything I can find on google from HAL and other reviewers about the cabin sizes but nothing mentions the specific cabin square footage or relative size to each other.  Hoping someone might have some knowledge - thank you!

Posted (edited)

When you look at the profile of the ship stern you can see that it slopes forward.  That difference in length has to come from somewhere, so IMO both the cabin inside and balcony length decrease as you go from deck 4 to deck 6. When you get to decks 7 and 8, however, that length reduction comes from eliminating one side cabin and turning the inside cabins cross-wise instead of length-wise, and length can be added back to the stern cabins. (Look at the size of the corner SB's on 7&8 compared to those on deck 6.) So, in my opinion all of the cabins on the stern of deck 6 are smaller than those on any other deck, and those on decks 4 and 7 are the largest, although I have no numbers to back that up.  😀

Edited by catl331

I think you're right as well as the diagrams have to be accurate and that is consistent with what you propose.  We are only two to a cabin though so I'm debating if a move to aft cabins on deck 4 is warranted as they seem much larger.  We're first time cruises so I just don't have any educated opinion if this cabin size difference matters.

Thank you so much for your response - I really appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

Yep, I think you've answered it.  The picture you've attached matches the drawings so deck 6 aft must be smaller than deck 4 and 7 - thank you!

I understand the balcony partitions can be removed so we'll have an aft balcony 3 cabins wide.  Since we can't get adjoining rooms with our 4 kids, I think this will be close enough.  Hopefully the smaller cabins won't be too cramped.  

Edited by jrmoglia

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jrmoglia said:

I understand the balcony partitions can be removed

Not removed, but a section about 1.5 ft wide next to the rail can be swung open by your steward. You still have a solid section connected to the wall, so it's "semi private" cubicles, not one big open area. 

Edited by catl331

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, jrmoglia said:

Hopefully the smaller cabins won't be too cramped.  

Because of the curve of the stern, 6181 will be your largest cabin. I estimate that to be about the same length as a standard side Veranda cabin, 21 or 22 feet.  I don't think you'll feel cramped with just two people per cabin. Go to halfacts.com/signature-class/ and look at pictures of any side Vx cabins. Unfortunately that site does not have pictures of your cabins.

Edited by catl331

We were in an aft Eurodam SB cabin in October on Deck 4 and it seemed similar in size to other SBs just from what I saw walking by when doors were open.

3 hours ago, boom_boom said:

it seemed similar in size to other SBs just from what I saw walking by when doors were open.

What other SB's did see into?  Did you see 6164 or 6175?

Possible. It was in October so my memory could be faulty, or just old age.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, boom_boom said:

Possible. It was in October so my memory could be faulty, or just old age.

Okay, let me ask it this way: were you walking down a long hallway past lots of suites, or rounding a corner at the stern where there is just a single suite?  If the former, you were likely passing SA's on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge. Those are slightly larger than the wrap-around stern SBs.

Edited by catl331

8 hours ago, boom_boom said:

As I recall, it was not on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge. 

In that case I can't figure out what cabins you were looking into. 😃