According to several people that are on board the Magic currently, Nassau has replaced Grand Turk on their itinerary. I'm leaving on the Magic on 3/22 so I've been following what's been going on with her not being able to dock the other day in GT. Not sure if it's just for this cruise and not sure if GT is now "shut down" or if this is Carnivals doing in response to what happened the other day. 

I was just going to make a similar post/question but perhaps someone will know who reads this topic. What if your ship already has Nassau as a port in addition to Grand Turk? Anyone know what the replacement port may be? For reference, the itinerary is Half Moon, Grand Turk, Sea Day, and then Nassau and back to Fort Lauderdale. This cruise isn't until April but would still be curious to know if there's no significant change by then. 

Not good news,,,https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-industry-warns-against-unreasonable-restrictions/

'Grand Turk is the next Caribbean cruise port to reject a cruise ship over fears of coronavirus. The port denied Carnival Magic entry on Friday morning over an illness on board the ship.

Earlier this week Grand Cayman, Jamacia, and St. Lucia turned away cruise ships because of growing fears of the virus.'

We stopped at Grand Turk thurs., we were on the Breeze, did an amazing snorkel tour with just four people to "the wall", I feel bad for the folks that might have had that booked and are going to miss it.

40 minutes ago, matymil said:

The breeze is now skipping Grand Turk and replacing it with Nassau as well. Looks like GT is shut down for 30 days.

How do you know it's for 30 days? 

We are still very much looking to our cruise in late June (and hope that so much of this will be resolved by then- for the betterment of everyone). That said, I’m glad I dragged my feet on booking excursions. We’ll make last minute plans with what’s available- should an island adventure be in the cards for us! I’m feeling badly for everyone who has missed flights, booked excursions outside of Carnival, etc. 

42 minutes ago, drmom423 said:

How do you know it's for 30 days? 

My TA told me. I'm not sure where she heard it from but shes usually right

30 minutes ago, matymil said:

My TA told me. I'm not sure where she heard it from but shes usually right

Bummer - we will (we're supposed to) stop there on April 6th, and it's one of my favorite places! Things change so rapidly, though, that maybe Carnival will come to some agreement with them before then. 

We were on the Magic cruise where we were not allowed to disembark in Grand Turk.  

It was a disappointment for sure, but the bigger issue was that there were two needing urgent medical attention.  There were no passengers or crew onboard who would have met the criteria to be tested for corona virus.  There was a confirmed case of flu onboard, and several with cold symptoms.  

I know that Carnival officials in Miami were also involved in the conversations as well as ship officers.  It was a frustrating situation for all.  

We were given $100 pp refundable OBC, which was a generous gesture IMHO.  

We leave on the Magic in 2 weeks (3/22). I was really looking forward to Grand Turk as we've never been. I'm not thrilled about Nassau..... we usually dont leave the ship at this port. Considering postponing the trip 🤷‍♀️

Edited by QBanQT22