Cruising March 15 noticed I got an upgrade late at night but come to find out I have to pay for it? I did not authorize

Cruising March 15 noticed I got an upgrade late at night but come to find out I have to pay for it? I did not authorize it.  It was done 1130 at night and I was not on the phone with them for at least a day. I had inquired about upgrading but I did not ask for an upgrade let alone agreed to pay $1200 a room extra.  what is going on?

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You didn't put in a royalup bid?  Or maybe your travel partner did?

No I did not pay for royal up as my kids need to be in a room next to me.  Any no one in my party deals with vacation planning EVER.   So it’s down to a royal screw up on their end.  Just need to resolve it ASAP 

2 hours ago, renata102 said:

Cruising March 15 noticed I got an upgrade late at night but come to find out I have to pay for it? I did not authorize it.  It was done 1130 at night and I was not on the phone with them for at least a day. I had inquired about upgrading but I did not ask for an upgrade let alone agreed to pay $1200 a room extra.  what is going on?

I am not sure how they charged your credit card without you giving it to them. Are you using a travel agent who has your credit card on file? 

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

What did Royal say when you called them to get this resolved?

Just called them.   They admitted to a mistake and reinstated me to my original categorie  and zero balance.   Happy camper now 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1