Canadians advised to avoid cruising

3 minutes ago, SusieV said:

Seems like such a huge overreaction. Not only are kids not getting sick but what about healthcare workers with children? What are they supposed to do for childcare?

I disagree. There are over 2 million children in Ontario's schools, many of whom will be travelling during March break.

Your comment about kids not getting sick is just wrong. There is a lower number, but there are several cases in Canada, including a baby under a year old. Kids travelling during March break will be doing so with adults, who often go to the schools.These parents too might return from March break and potentially infect school staff and students alike.

8 minutes ago, SusieV said:

Kids aren't the ones really getting sick. Zero children under 9 have died. 

Death is only one dimension of the problem. And as a sick kid can infect adults (parents, teacher, staff, school bus drivers, etc.), we need to worry about them as well. I frequently pick up my grandson at school, and as a >70 senior, I'm quite relieved that the potential threat will have been reduced or eliminated by implementing this policy.

16 minutes ago, SusieV said:

Closing schools is just going to stretch our healthcare system even thinner.

I'd suggest that the potential for stretching our healthcare system if far greater if we closed our minds to the potential danger posed by March break.