NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

Ok I wanted the 100 shares for a long time, since I cruise NCL a lot.

50.00 was not affordable.  But today , I bought for 15.01 a share. I'm assuming it might go lower, bit hey for $1500.00, bargain.  If I go on 5 more cruises which I will. Every cruise gets me a $100.00 credit. Who knows it will go back up after the panic is over.

• Like 1

Just now, John Croteau said:

50.00 was not affordable.  But today , I bought for 15.01 a share. I'm assuming it might go lower, bit hey for $1500.00, bargain.  If I go on 5 more cruises which I will. Every cruise gets me a $100.00 credit. Who knows it will go back up after the panic is over.

Good for you!  I bought yesterday at $17.12 and thought I got a bargain.  Assuming NCLH pulls through, it will pay for itself in OBC   ☺️.

10 minutes ago, John Croteau said:

That pretty much sums up  my plan as well.

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

ncl down 25% but Royal  only down 15%.

what gives?

Simple.  They are two different entities with different amounts of assets, different balance sheets, different stock owners, etc.    Zero reason for them to be the same balance.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John Croteau said:

Good for you John.  Eventually this will be all past us and you'll eventually make some nice profit if you decide to sell and you'll also get your OBC.

• Like 1

I thought about wishing them well with a 100 shares at $15.  However my financial guru nephew says he sees chapter 11 with the next 60 days.  With that all stock trading is frozen and stocks become basically worthless.  Shareholders are about the last debts to be paid by the court and all money is long gone by then.  Too chancy at the moment. Hope that is all wrong.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I thought about wishing them well with a 100 shares at $15.  However my financial guru nephew says he sees chapter 11 with the next 60 days.  With that all stock trading is frozen and stocks become basically worthless.  Shareholders are about the last debts to be paid by the court and all money is long gone by then.  Too chancy at the moment. Hope that is all wrong.  

So you don't think it's a good 1500 dollar bet?  I mean, it's better odds that we get back to 50 then you hit on one of the slots on the ship IMHO.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just a good gamble, at this point paying pretty good odds if you win.  But, I’m thinking it’s about 50/50 right now that it might be a loss.  But, a fun bet to monitor in any case.  If it gets down to $10, it’s a good bet chapter 11 is ahead.  An opinion. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I've bought 10 shares of NCLH at $15, and 10 shares of RCL at near its low. CCL didn't hit my limit order threshold yet, but I have an order in for 10 shares of that if it gets low enough. I figure at least one of them will survive!

1 minute ago, boomhower said:

Why is NCL stock so much worse than Carnival and Royal?  They are all getting hammered but NCL is getting pummeled.  Why is it doing so much worse than the other two major lines?

NCL is the smaller of the lines so they don't have the same financial resources that the bigger lines have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

NCL is the smaller of the lines so they don't have the same financial resources that the bigger lines have.

Gotcha.  New to NCL.  Carnival is massive with all their lines and Royal has many themselves.   Quick google shows three for NCL after your comment with two being small luxury lines so that certainly makes sense.  As long as they dont BK I am not worried so much. 

5 hours ago, kollegekreed said:

Can i get some education from financially smart people?

if the stock goes to $10 and I turn around and vacuum up 100 shares for $1:000, then it goes back to $50 within a year or two, I’ve made $4,000....great.

IF the stock bottoms out, and one of the companies files chapter 11; BUT doesn’t shut down....do stock holders retain that stock? I know companies go bankrupt “for protection” all the time.

i guess my question is...how big a gamble is it really?

@Roger001 answered your question, which I highlighted in red. He could provide you with more details as I am no expert. If any of these cruise companies go through restructuring through bankruptcy, then basically all the shares are worthless. Sometimes those holding the bonds will be issued new stocks, while the old stocks become worthless bc old shareholders get what ever is left over after paying back everyone else, which is usually zero.

Disclaimer: Not a financial planner/advisor. I recommend you go talk to one. Not providing financial advice and this is just written for entertainment purposes. I am not liable for any or all loses sustained from your own financial dealings.

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

So you don't think it's a good 1500 dollar bet?  I mean, it's better odds that we get back to 50 then you hit on one of the slots on the ship IMHO.  🙂

no it is not a good bet, bet on the s&p 500, it will recover, ncl on the other hand has a 50/50 chance of bk  Plus now cruiselines dont want people over 70 cruising, hmm how is that going to help the bottom line, literally telling over 15 percent of your customers to bugger off, who will make up that difference? the millennials? they  are going to be doing all the cruising and spending money, i dont think so .  No bail out for cruise companies, not essential to our economy!  Actually more then 15%, because regent and oceania has way more old people than young traveling.  Heck I might even short this pig (put options not naked short) on a dead cat bounce come to think of it.

Edited by Newleno
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Newleno said:

no it is not a good bet, bet on the s&p 500, it will recover, ncl on the other hand has a 50/50 chance of bk  Plus now cruiselines dont want people over 70 cruising, hmm how is that going to help the bottom line, literally telling over 15 percent of your customers to bugger off, who will make up that difference? the millennials? they  are going to be doing all the cruising and spending money, i dont think so .  No bail out for cruise companies, not essential to our economy!  Actually more then 15%, because regent and oceania has way more old people than young traveling.  Heck I might even short this pig (put options not naked short) on a dead cat bounce come to think of it.

Well, we sure know where you stand.  I can tell you that the cruises I have been on, one as recently as a month ago, were not only people over 70.  As a matter of fact, it is a very small percentage of the people on board.  As to S&P 500, go ahead and tell me which exact stock, would you?  This is where it is silly.  I can tell you 12 months from now where you should have put your money today, but the ENTIRE market is a gamble, were you can easily lose your money.  I for one will put my money were I actually use services and believe in things.  I currently have a position in Sirius XM as well, I can't wait for you to tell me why it is not a need therefore they will be bankrupt real soon and I am a fool even though I have made a LOT of money on it....

Edited by oteixeira

1 hour ago, boomhower said:

Why is NCL stock so much worse than Carnival and Royal?  They are all getting hammered but NCL is getting pummeled.  Why is it doing so much worse than the other two major lines?

Here is your answer....class action lawsuits forming against NCL....

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200311005827/en/Lost-Money-Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Holdings-Ltd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roger001 said:

whats your nephews qualifications to say that?

well, trump said no travel to the US from Europe for the next 30days, except from the UK.

what % of cruises come to America to cruise during this time of year?

maybe transatlantics back to their home country to save on airfare?

also, after the bell, ncl issued new restrictions for people age 70+.

Not looking good for ncl stock tommorow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

well, trump said no travel to the US from Europe for the next 30days, except from the UK.

what % of cruises come to America to cruise during this time of year?

maybe transatlantics back to their home country to save on airfare?

also, after the bell, ncl issued new restrictions for people age 70+.

Not looking good for ncl stock tommorow.

your signature is HILARIOUS!

Yea, I agree that the stock will continue to fall.

Wow!  Damn.  

Hard to believe just a week ago I'd never have guessed Chp 11 would become a real possibility now.   Some say 50/50 at this point?  Damn.  

Still hope they can pull through. 

Edited by molole