Last Day to Cancel Your Add-ons for Cash Refund instead of FCC

I’m a bit confused. If we cancel and get our FCC, but we don’t cancel the prepaid gratuities , does it mean the next cruise we book we have to pay gratuities again? Or do they keep the gratuities already paid and apply it to the new cruise  gratuities? 

Edited by Gracelyn
Forgot a word

Just got off with NCL after cancelling the add-ons. 

It is confusing cause it does require you to give the beverage package and specialty dining up as perks if you remove the gratuities - you do need to pay the gratuities to have the perk.  Sure, you could call to have them reinstated (theoretically), but something to keep in mind if you're not sure you're going to cancel yet.  A bit of an eye-opener, that's for sure!

9 minutes ago, jasperess said:

Just got off with NCL after cancelling the add-ons. 

It is confusing cause it does require you to give the beverage package and specialty dining up as perks if you remove the gratuities - you do need to pay the gratuities to have the perk.  Sure, you could call to have them reinstated (theoretically), but something to keep in mind if you're not sure you're going to cancel yet.  A bit of an eye-opener, that's for sure!

You should be able to get them back before the cruise as long as you haven't done a Cancel/Rebook of the cruise and lost the original promos.  In the past, we have never had problems changing to any of the other promos that were in effect at the time that we booked.  Usually we had to do this at least 48 hours before the cruise.  

• Like 1

I just cancelled my prepaid gratuities the lady I was talking to said why am I cancelling I was like this is the last day to get a refund via cc cause I don't want a future cruise credit. She was trying to say you can get a refund up to 48 hrs I said yea but its a future cruise credit not a cash refund. Then she tried to tell me there is a corona virus vaccine, just needs to be tested? (I was thinking what is she saying lol).

I should receive a cash refund to my cc in about 2 weeks or 7-10 days.

10 minutes ago, Tom_3777 said:

I just cancelled my prepaid gratuities the lady I was talking to said why am I cancelling I was like this is the last day to get a refund via cc cause I don't want a future cruise credit. She was trying to say you can get a refund up to 48 hrs I said yea but its a future cruise credit not a cash refund. Then she tried to tell me there is a corona virus vaccine, just needs to be tested? (I was thinking what is she saying lol).

I should receive a cash refund to my cc in about 2 weeks or 7-10 days.

No vaccine for at least 18 months.  She needs to listen to Dr. Fauci.  yes, there is the Moderna one entering clinical trials, but Fauci says 1 yr - 18 months is optimistic and fastest in history.

They’ve probably been slammed with refund requests today and may be instructed to try to talk pax out of getting them.

Called NCL to request refund of shore excursions, prepaid service charges, beverage & dining gratuities...very pleased to get a refund of $568.80 for prepaid service charges, beverage/dining gratuities; but, I was told office handling shore excursions closed at 10:00 pm but I can try again tomorrow.  My shore excursions was only $151.20.  I am so happy not to have to roll over all my cruise cost to FCC.  Thank you so much for the tip!!!

8 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

You should be able to get them back before the cruise as long as you haven't done a Cancel/Rebook of the cruise and lost the original promos.  In the past, we have never had problems changing to any of the other promos that were in effect at the time that we booked.  Usually we had to do this at least 48 hours before the cruise.  

Great, thank you so much!

For the people that cancelled there prepaid gratuities for a cash refund (cc). Did you get a email about it showing money going back to the cc, im wondering because I cancelled my yesterday but the only email i got was showing AMENITY CONFIRMATION but nothing there.

On the phone they said 7-10 day refund will be proceeded back to cc but I didn't get any official refund confirmation of the prepaid gratuities being refunded, anyone else experience the same thing or different?  

Request a refund of shore excursions today & I was told I would receive a refund to my credit card within 7-10 days.  Yesterday 3/9/2020 I requested a refund of prepaid service charges, beverage/dining gratuities & received a revised emailed Confirmation Guest Copy with requested refunds subtracted from total payments.  I plan to check my reservation payment summary online to see if they subtracted shore excursions from my total payments applied.  Also will check credit card 7-10 for cc refund.  So far I am very pleased with NCL service.

38 minutes ago, Tom_3777 said:

For the people that cancelled there prepaid gratuities for a cash refund (cc). Did you get a email about it showing money going back to the cc, im wondering because I cancelled my yesterday but the only email i got was showing AMENITY CONFIRMATION but nothing there.

On the phone they said 7-10 day refund will be proceeded back to cc but I didn't get any official refund confirmation of the prepaid gratuities being refunded, anyone else experience the same thing or different?  

I called yesterday to remove all of the extras. They are no longer appearing on my Vacation Summary page but I did not receive an email confirmation. I'm going to watch my credit card to see if the credit appears next week. I don't want to wait on hold forever just for an email.

I’m still on the fence for our May Boston/Bermuda cruise. MA governor just declared state of emergency. Was hoping to go, but both myself and husband meet some of the criteria of CDC and State Department advising not to cruise.

I’m not ready to cancel, but can I get cash back to credit card for add ons at this point? 

Thanks,

Brian

16 hours ago, drbeamer said:

I’m still on the fence for our May Boston/Bermuda cruise. MA governor just declared state of emergency. Was hoping to go, but both myself and husband meet some of the criteria of CDC and State Department advising not to cruise.

I’m not ready to cancel, but can I get cash back to credit card for add ons at this point? 

Thanks,

Brian

I think you should be able to since you haven’t canceled yet.

17 hours ago, Tom_3777 said:

I did cancel our pre-paid amenities and was told it was going back to my CC, the agent even gave me the last 4 numbers of my CC to confirm what card it was being credited to.  I did get an email immediately but I had not opened the email when still on the phone.  When I did, it was a blank .pdf with only a bunch of gibberish at the very bottom of the page.   Since this was only 2 days ago I don't see the refund yet on my CC Statement, however those amenities no longer show up in my cruise summary.

dp

18 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I did cancel our pre-paid amenities and was told it was going back to my CC, the agent even gave me the last 4 numbers of my CC to confirm what card it was being credited to.  I did get an email immediately but I had not opened the email when still on the phone.  When I did, it was a blank .pdf with only a bunch of gibberish at the very bottom of the page.   Since this was only 2 days ago I don't see the refund yet on my CC Statement, however those amenities no longer show up in my cruise summary.

dp

I did get confirmation emails after each of the two cancellation calls. They were just the typical confirmation message with attached pdfs showing the total paid as a reduced amount. Not a lot of detail as to what was cancelled though.

The first rep I spoke to on Sunday told me 7-10 days to see the thermal spa passes refunded back to my card, the one on Monday told me 4-7 days (that one was for Free at Sea gratuities).

• Like 1