Very Important Caveat Regarding Your FCC When Canceling A Cruise

18 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Many people are not aware that you only have 1 year to book your cruise and redeem your Future Cruise Credit.  The exact wording is:

All future cruise credits must be redeemed within one year from issue date and can be used for sailings departing on or before December 31, 2022.

Many people mistakenly believe they have until the end of 2022 to book and use their FCC.  The moment you cancel your cruise, the 365 day countdown begins.  Knowledge is power.

Thank you. Even I read that wrong!!! 

I just went through all of this with FCC from another cruise. You have one year from the date the FCC is issued to book the cruise. The cruise itself must take place within the two year window. My FCC was issued in Dec 2019, I have until Dec 2020 to book the cruise and until Dec 2021 to use the FCC. BTW I have already booked my next cruise and the FCC has been applied to that booking.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:03 AM, bonvoyagie said:

I just went through all of this with FCC from another cruise. You have one year from the date the FCC is issued to book the cruise. The cruise itself must take place within the two year window. My FCC was issued in Dec 2019, I have until Dec 2020 to book the cruise and until Dec 2021 to use the FCC. BTW I have already booked my next cruise and the FCC has been applied to that booking.

I am relieved to hear this as I have read contradictory information about how "regular" FCC works.  I was just issued FCC from the Arabian Odyssey on the Spirit that ended on March 2nd and others on that same cruise have been told by an NCL rep onboard AND also separately by their PCCs that they need to use the credit on a sailing that occurs within 1 year of receiving the credit.  This makes no sense to me in light of what your experience was... and expecially hearing how they're handling the their new cancellation policy.  

The conflicting information is all very confusing and disheartening. 

17 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

I am relieved to hear this as I have read contradictory information about how "regular" FCC works.  I was just issued FCC from the Arabian Odyssey on the Spirit that ended on March 2nd and others on that same cruise have been told by an NCL rep onboard AND also separately by their PCCs that they need to use the credit on a sailing that occurs within 1 year of receiving the credit.  This makes no sense to me in light of what your experience was... and expecially hearing how they're handling the their new cancellation policy.  

The conflicting information is all very confusing and disheartening. 

Be careful.  FCC issued under the terms of your agreement might not be the same as the terms for FCC from cancellations now.

I have a cruise booked in Jan. 2021 that is $1700 cheaper than the one I have this April.  If I cancel my April cruise and put the FCC toward my Jan. cruise will I lose the whole difference or will they just subtract the amount owed and give me a new FCC for the balance?

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I have a cruise booked in Jan. 2021 that is $1700 cheaper than the one I have this April.  If I cancel my April cruise and put the FCC toward my Jan. cruise will I lose the whole difference or will they just subtract the amount owed and give me a new FCC for the balance?

From NCL

image.thumb.png.150d69111482c01c0d2a92d37ed4b9ef.png

• Like 1

I apologize if this was covered but I can't find it - I was told by the NCL rep when I canceled that my FCC would show up on my NCL account - but nothing at all shows.  Just that I have no cruises booked.  I canceled yesterday...does it take some time to show up? I did receive an email, however it did not spell out "future cruise credit", just how much I had paid.  Thanks for any info!

Edited by Booboochase

10 minutes ago, Booboochase said:

I apologize if this was covered but I can't find it - I was told by the NCL rep when I canceled that my FCC would show up on my NCL account - but nothing at all shows.  Just that I have no cruises booked.  I canceled yesterday...does it take some time to show up? I did receive an email, however it did not spell out "future cruise credit", just how much I had paid.  Thanks for any info!

I was told it would take 7-10 days for the credit to show up.