Cruising with confidence

I have a cruise booked for April 24 can I cancel and rebook at the cheaper rate now that the prices went down??? With out any problems. Has anyone seen a cheaper rate for there cruise and has done so please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4 minutes ago, Mwins78 said:

I have a cruise booked for April 24 can I cancel and rebook at the cheaper rate now that the prices went down??? With out any problems. Has anyone seen a cheaper rate for there cruise and has done so please let me know

As in take your FCC and use it for the same cruise on a new booking? Excellent question. I do think it takes 3 weeks to process the FCC though. 

1 hour ago, Mwins78 said:

Yes. You cancel your cruise and then receive cruise credit for a future cruise. You then rebook your existing cruise.

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

As in take your FCC and use it for the same cruise on a new booking? Excellent question. I do think it takes 3 weeks to process the FCC though. 

Was told it takes two to three weeks. If you get the credit in time you can apply it to your rebooked cruise.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Here you go, just sent to TAs.

Image may contain: text

Good! It seems that people were taking advantage of RCI to cancel and rebook well inside final payment date.  Glad they caught it. 

The wording is ambiguous though... it looks like you cannot rebook on the same ship...albeit a later date. I think this needs clarifying?  Especially when a ship does the same route week after week. 

6 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Yes. You cancel your cruise and then receive cruise credit for a future cruise. You then rebook your existing cruise.

RCI has made it clear to TAs that the FCC cannot be used for the same cruise that it was awarded from.  you cannot cancel and rebook.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Good! It seems that people were taking advantage of RCI to cancel and rebook well inside final payment date.  Glad they caught it. 

The wording is ambiguous though... it looks like you cannot rebook on the same ship...albeit a later date. I think this needs clarifying?  Especially when a ship does the same route week after week. 

One could argue that RC are taking advantage by not offering full cash refund.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stevea36 said:

RCI has made it clear to TAs that the FCC cannot be used for the same cruise that it was awarded from.  you cannot cancel and rebook.

They wont be able to stop it 🙂

Always get a kick out of forum discussions

In one thread you have people opining about socially conscience corporatism and that the company needs to do more and be less greedy and care about the customers

Then in another thread you have people opining about ways to game the system and take financial advantage of the company that is trying to do the right thing

• Like 1

When I first saw the policy I saw they had a link to go and cancel your cruise.  I thought that was pretty neat.  No need to call.  Enter your information, get a confirmation email and then your FCC.  Only to find out that it's only a survey, not a link to cancel.  Wouldn't you think that it would be a LOT easier on everyone if there were a link to enter your info in?

Thanks for listening😇

Hi

i have a cruise in June I want to cancel because of this virus 

after this I am unable to go on another cruise in till 2022. Can I use the voucher for 2022 as long as it's booked by 31st December 2021?

Edited by Garyjames220

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

after this I a must unable to go on another cruise in till 2022. Can I use the voucher for 2022 as long as it's booked by 31st December 2021?

Nope.

Q : How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
A : All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021.

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Nope.

Q : How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
A : All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021.

If I am unable to take a cruise during that time hardly seems fair that I would lose my money 

Just now, Garyjames220 said:

If I am unable to take a cruise during that time hardly seems fair that I would lose my money 

So your options are:

1) Do not cancel your June cruise.

2) Cancel and make time to cruise before Dec 2021.

3) Cancel and forfeit any non-refundable £.

Be grateful that Royal is even offering the option to cancel and provide FCC.