At Last (For Now) . . .

After years of trying to assemble a variety of cameras to meet my preferences and needs, I've finally settled on a trio of cameras for my arsenal.  As a former Minolta shooter, I've been all in on Sony for several years.  I finally completed my equipment (at least for now), which consists of a Sony RX10 Mark II with a one-inch sensor; Sony a6300, with an APS-C sensor and 18-135 mm Sony lens: and my recently acquired Sony A7RII full-frame with a 28-70 mm Sony OSS lens, thanks to an incredible sale at BH Photo . . . Together, I think these will meet my needs for any type of photo opportunity I might encounter, depending on the situation, subject, and image quality I want.  For informal occasions, I still have my Samsung Galaxy 10E Smart phone.  As Dave says, it's a great time to be a photographer!

Edited by billandsue
typo

8 hours ago, billandsue said:

Together, I think these will meet my needs for any type of photo opportunity I might encounter, depending on the situation, subject, and image quality I want.

Out of curiosity, what genre(s)/type(s) of photography do you shoot?

Another thing I have said quite often is that the best camera is the one you will use and regardless of the camera, the picture you take will always be better than the one you didn't.

As for cameras you'll use, you seem to be living proof of one of my other truisms: The best camera for any situation us usually two (or three) cameras!

Congrats on reaching gear equilibrium!

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyingFlip said:

Out of curiosity, what genre(s)/type(s) of photography do you shoot?

I shoot lots of landscapes and scenic shots, including an affinity for panorama images.  I also do street photography, or what I call "walking around" photos.  I have several digital imaging software programs so I can experiment with different effects.  I'm by no means a professional, although I consider myself a serious enthusiast.  Since I'm semi-retired, I have more time and resources to indulge my hobby . . .

• 1 month later...

If that is what works for you, then it is a great setup. I came to the conclusion after pumping lots of money in camera gear that I am a picture taker and not a photographer. I understand taking the pictures and the triangle. I can get good pictures of what I am looking at. What I can't do is visualize great concepts. After finally coming to that conclusion and leaving my heavy camera gear at home most of the time, I finally opted for size and transportability. I went m43 strictly for size, lens price, stabilization, and weatherproofing. I have an Olympus TG-4 for snorkeling and water use. I bought my daughter a GoPro for fun. 

My bit of advice for others that may read this, the best camera is the one that you use. It has nothing to do with brand, model, type, etc. Any camera that sits in the bag is useless.

• Like 2