*****CARNIVAL CANCELLATIONS THREAD-- Please read*****

krusso80

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

I never got a clear answer when I called to cancel,  As a matter of fact we got several answer's.   If you read the cancel e-mail Carnival sent out it says you can cancel by 5-31-2020.  And sail before 3-31-2021

What I wanted to is know was did I have to rebook by that date (5-31-20) to get the FCC.  I got both yes and No from carnival.

We are not taking chances and  going to rebook by 5-31-20 deadline just to be safe.

Read again - it's rebook by 3-31-20........

"Guests booked on sailings departing between April 1 and May 31 can move your booking to a future date by March 31"

18 hours ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

If you know what cruise you want, you could definitely just use the form once you've deposited the new cruise, you will need the new info to process the cancel/rebook online. I wouldn't wait too long, I don't think you would run into a problem but you don't want to wait till the last day. 

If you want to bounce anything off of the PVP that helped me, he would definitely help ease your mind and explain all your options. If you are interested in calling or emailing him let me know and I can get you the info via email. On top of not being ready to rebook, I liked having an email chain of what he did and to be able to avoid hours waiting on the phone and risking being hung up on or disconnected. 

Could you email me the PVP at IDKaren1@gmail.com please. My time is getting short and I. CAnt get thru!! Thank you,

1. Booked my new cruise (for March 27.2021) and I charged the deposit to my CC (time to go join the rollcall and quit being so damn upset that I had to bail on the other one - I know everyone here understands!)
  2. I then went on and canceled the existing one (again - by going to Manage>My Booking> Booking/Order Details>View Balance Details> saw the 'penalty amount' and noted that would be put forward as my FCC>Canceled (thanks again @LaRue1975 for the navigation)
  3. Then went to the form at  https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx - filled it in
  4. Now I wait.  I expect refund for my prepaid gratuties, beer and water I'd ordered and port fees/taxes to my credit card, and the amount from step 2 ('penalty amount' - my full original 'cruise fare') to be applied to my new cruise.  After being charged for the port fees/taxes and prepaid gratuities for the new cruise (because I will be refunded on my credit card for these from the old cruise), I will get the difference (in my case the new cruise was $376 cheaper than the old cruise) in OBC.

I will let you guys know once my #4 happens and confirm that I was right.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, momof3hungryboys said:

I'm confused.  I thought if you canceled you had to rebook by March 31st (the end of this month) to get the future cruise credit in the amount of your penalty.  Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong. That's the word for right now.

29 minutes ago, momof3hungryboys said:

I'm confused.  I thought if you canceled you had to rebook by March 31st (the end of this month) to get the future cruise credit in the amount of your penalty.  Am I wrong?

No, you're right.  You do have to book by March 31.  The person who said May is wrong.  If you have a cruise booked before the end of May you're able to get FCC.  No FCC offer to anyone sailing June 1 and later at this point.

1 hour ago, momof3hungryboys said:

What?   You don’t have to book by the end of this month.  My cancelation email says to contact them by March 2021 to have my FCC applied.  

2 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

What?   You don’t have to book by the end of this month.  My cancelation email says to contact them by March 2021 to have my FCC applied.  

There is/was confusion in the interpretation of the “letter”.  You need to cruise by 3.31.2021.  

On 3/10/2020 at 10:51 AM, Maraprince said:

We were booked and fully paid for a 5/25/20 sailing and decided to move to a later June sailing without penalty.  However, even though it was the same amount of days, same cabin category and same ports on a different ship, there was a difference of almost $500 more per person due Carnival (cabin price, port taxes, insurance)🤑!  Not too happy with this, but we were not comfortable sailing in May since both of us are seniors with one of us having an underlying health condition.  We "gained" a $50 OBC for the sailing which has nothing to do with the change.

Hoping that our cabin pricing goes down a bit.

MARAPRINCE

We are experiencing the same thing. Instead of partial refunds and FCC's,  I wish Carnival would just issue a voucher to us for a 7 day cruise with the same itinerary and booking to be used up til December 2021.  The cost of the rebooking for the cruise we have is an additional $1,000.

3 minutes ago, bellagirl5 said:

We are experiencing the same thing. Instead of partial refunds and FCC's,  I wish Carnival would just issue a voucher to us for a 7 day cruise with the same itinerary and booking to be used up til December 2021.  The cost of the rebooking for the cruise we have is an additional $1,000.

Even if they wanted to, I do not think they could change it now. 

Ok, I am totally confused after getting emails from Carnival and I'm hoping someone can talk me down off the ledge. Here's the situation:

1. Original Cruise booked for May 25 and was paid in full (we were passed the final payment date). Cruise fare was $2,117.00. Taxes, fees, etc was another $814.92.
  2. Canceled that cruise on Monday and booked a new cruise leaving July 18. New cruise fare is $2,567 and taxes, fees, etc is another $406.92. Paid $682 deposit and insurance on my credit card.
  3. Was told by the Carnival rep that the original cruise fare ($2,117) would be moved over to the new booking and the original taxes and fees ($814.92) would be refunded on my credit card.
  4. Today, I see a Future Cruise Credit of only $709 applied to my new booking, leaving a balance due of $1889.92.

So what happened to the remaining $1,408 from my original cruise fare????? I'm seriously trying not to panic, but not being able to call Carnival to make sure I didn't just lose over $1,400 is pushing me over the edge.

Can anyone help me understand this? Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, hawkeye93 said:

"Guests booked on sailings departing between April 1 and May 31 can move your booking to a future date by March 31" is what the PDF said in the initial email we got for the offer on March 5/6?  When you refer to "cancellation email", is that something different?

Would that not mean that the new cruise has to be booked prior to March 31 of this year, sailing on or before March 31 of 2021?

I may have just answered my own question from my previous post (#114).

So if I cancelled after the final payment date, but before 56 days prior to sail date, my penalty (and thus, the FCC) would be only the standard deposit amount ($250/pp) and the rest of the cruise fare will be refunded to my credit card? 

Too much to wrap my head around. 🥺

I may have just answered my own question from my previous post (#114).

So if I cancelled after the final payment date, but before 56 days prior to sail date, my penalty (and thus, the FCC) would be only the standard deposit amount ($250/pp) and the rest of the cruise fare will be refunded to my credit card? 

Too much to wrap my head around. 🥺

Yes (unless you booked under an offer with a different deposit amount/rule)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Guests booked on sailings departing between April 1 and May 31 can move your booking to a future date by March 31" is what the PDF said in the initial email we got for the offer on March 5/6?  When you refer to "cancellation email", is that something different?

Would that not mean that the new cruise has to be booked prior to March 31 of this year, sailing on or before March 31 of 2021?

A future date prior to March 31 of 2021.

Ok, I am totally confused after getting emails from Carnival and I'm hoping someone can talk me down off the ledge. Here's the situation:

1. Original Cruise booked for May 25 and was paid in full (we were passed the final payment date). Cruise fare was $2,117.00. Taxes, fees, etc was another $814.92.
  2. Canceled that cruise on Monday and booked a new cruise leaving July 18. New cruise fare is $2,567 and taxes, fees, etc is another $406.92. Paid $682 deposit and insurance on my credit card.
  3. Was told by the Carnival rep that the original cruise fare ($2,117) would be moved over to the new booking and the original taxes and fees ($814.92) would be refunded on my credit card.
  4. Today, I see a Future Cruise Credit of only $709 applied to my new booking, leaving a balance due of $1889.92.
So what happened to the remaining $1,408 from my original cruise fare????? I'm seriously trying not to panic, but not being able to call Carnival to make sure I didn't just lose over $1,400 is pushing me over the edge.

Can anyone help me understand this? Am I missing something?

My amounts are jacked up also. My gut tells me it will all work out in the end and there’s glitches right now. I can understand your concern is even greater bc you rebooked already. I was waiting to rebook after all my credits were properly applied but now that’s not only not the case, I couldn’t even call to rebook if I wanted to. All we can do is wait and keep calling. It’s stressful as crap!

7 hours ago, Brrae said:

How did u see your fcc was available i out a cruise on hold to move to and canceled mine but have seen nothing about fcc or refund

Via an email from the PVP I emailed to cancel my cruise, if you cancelled and have one on hold you would have to call them to have them apply it. When I find a cruise, I will email my PVP and he'll enter it in. 

amyotravel - the final date for payment was February 23, 2020.  We bought the standard Carnival Travel Protection. I was told by the insurance company (AON) to cancel first, then file claim.  Depending on whether we decide to take advantage of the Carnival Cancellation Offer (see attached) will determine if we decide to go for the 75% cash refund due to ;isted medical reasons.1892702665_2020-03-11(3).thumb.png.bac87876d3e755a0e26f35fd0261f6cb.png

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure if it was posted here, but John said there will be an extension thru 8/31, letter and details to follow.

I read that differently. That you may now cancel UP TO 30 days prior to the cruise, for cruises on or before the end of September. BUT....I've been known to misinterpret things, so double check me on that.  :classic_unsure:

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I read that differently. That you may now cancel UP TO 30 days prior to the cruise, for cruises on or before the end of September. BUT....I've been known to misinterpret things, so double check me on that.  :classic_unsure:

You are correct,been a long long day.