Harvest Caye Question(s)

HLNFan

Our ship ports in Harvest Caye and I had a couple of questions.  The ship sells a pool cabana that I was considering when on the generic shore excursion site is said $249, but for our specific cruise the price is $349.  So I have a couple of questions.  For the regular chairs around the pool are there umbrellas/shade?  We are traveling with my 73yo mother and she doesn't want to be in the sun.  Does anyone know details about the golf cart rides for people with mobility issues?  Do you have to arrange with ship?  Is there a fee, or do they do it for tips?  Any advice anyone has for Harvest Caye with an older adult with mobility issues would be greatly appreciated!!

• 4 months later...

There is some shade around the pool if you get there early but I did not see umbrellas poolside. There are umbrellas with chairs on the beach.

For mobility challenged, they were running a cart the length of the pier, but not going on from there - I think there may have been wheelchairs available to go the remaining distance to the pool or beach.

Important: Since the pier was damaged, they were tendering to Harvest Caye. Hoping it will be repaired by the time we resume cruises but we won't know until we get reports.