Jump to content

Traveling with kids, cancelled due to current concerns?


Recommended Posts

Was on Allure 2 weeks ago with our 27 and 6 month olds and I wouldn`t hesitate to take them again next week if I could. It`s the older population that needs to be worried, not the kids. Unless they have underlying conditions that is.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay Everyday said:

Sailing 3/14 on Symphony.  Anyone else traveling with kids?  My kids only concern is that there won’t be other kids onboard.

Set your kids minds at ease.  We took a 12 night Anthem last March break and only had 150 kids on board from ages 5-12.  My kids loved these small numbers since the kids club wasn’t crazy and they really had a great chance seeing the same kids over and over again.  We are still planning on sailing with our 2 kids March 22 and they are actually happy there might be smaller numbers and not so overwhelming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mrkfla1 said:

 With the current circumstances (virus, possible quarantine...)have you cancelled your trip because you are traveling with your kids or are you still going?

As long as you are all young and healthy I wouldn't worry about getting sick. I might worry about getting quarantined in your cabin with your kids or missing ports because they won't let you off the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, birdie16 said:

As long as you are all young and healthy I wouldn't worry about getting sick. I might worry about getting quarantined in your cabin with your kids or missing ports because they won't let you off the ship.

Ditto, with being quarantined with kids on the ship.  As more cases are popping up around the the country the chances of being stuck on a ship will increase.  You know how this country works.   React first, think later.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on April 5th with two littles- 4 and 7. My biggest risk was quarantine in the room, so I called and upgraded my balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for no additional money. I think we can handle almost 600 sq feet in a quarantine with two kids. Our cabin neighbors may hate us though 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ashmo8 said:

We are booked on April 5th with two littles- 4 and 7. My biggest risk was quarantine in the room, so I called and upgraded my balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for no additional money. I think we can handle almost 600 sq feet in a quarantine with two kids. Our cabin neighbors may hate us though 🙂

Good thinking 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup we cancelled our RCI cruise on Liberty.  We were traveling with son, d.i.l and two grandchildren.    The parents big fear was the ship being quarantined and having to spend two weeks in a small cabin with a five and a six year old.  😳

Link to post
Share on other sites

Symphony 3/14 - Cancelled, 2 yr old granddaughter has mild asthma, so not taking any chances and do not want to be quarantined in inside cabins.  
 

Sucks because this was our Christmas gift to kids & grandkids. Will rebook but doubt if we can afford the Symphony again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.

We travel on March 22nd (w/6 yr old) so we have a little time to still make a decision and living local to Ft Laud. allows us to wait a little longer. I keep going back and forth on this but our final decision is going to depend on what happens within the next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still want replies...no way would I go.

 

Kids touch everything...and this virus stays on surfaces forever.

 

Kids also can't keep their hands out of their mouths, noses, butts, etc.

 

Families also seem to be coming down with the virus as a unit - ie, it 1 person gets it, all of the family gets it.  Having this happen in your home is one thing...having this happen in a possible quarantine situation away from home is another.

 

AND cruise lines are offering refunds left and right, so you don't LOSE anything by waiting...why gamble with your family's health and go when you have everything to lose and nothing to gain?  Trips will be there next year and 5 years from now...

Edited by TwoMisfits
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are supposed to sail on the Brilliance out of Tampa on 4/13 with our six year old Twins.  We have some time to cancel so I think we are going to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.  Right now we are leaning towards going as our school districts (hubby and I are both teachers) said that they would not take April break away even if there were closures...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ashmo8 said:

We are booked on April 5th with two littles- 4 and 7. My biggest risk was quarantine in the room, so I called and upgraded my balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for no additional money. I think we can handle almost 600 sq feet in a quarantine with two kids. Our cabin neighbors may hate us though 🙂

Now that's a good way to spend 2 weeks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If you still want replies...no way would I go.

 

Kids touch everything...and this virus stays on surfaces forever.

 

Kids also can't keep their hands out of their mouths, noses, butts, etc.

 

Families also seem to be coming down with the virus as a unit - ie, it 1 person gets it, all of the family gets it.  Having this happen in your home is one thing...having this happen in a possible quarantine situation away from home is another.

 

AND cruise lines are offering refunds left and right, so you don't LOSE anything by waiting...why gamble with your family's health and go when you have everything to lose and nothing to gain?  Trips will be there next year and 5 years from now...

Ok, thats funny! Was Single Father of 3, now have 4 young Grand Daughters... Yes, I still plan on Cruising with almost 100nites Booked, more planned.....BUT, wont be taking any the Family, young or Old

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled this morning.  Kids school won't let him back in after cruise and we may not be able to go to work. We would probably have to avoid our parents for at least 2-3 weeks. 

 

We cruise often. Postponing is easy. I don't get why anyone is hell bent on going now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ashmo8 said:

We are booked on April 5th with two littles- 4 and 7. My biggest risk was quarantine in the room, so I called and upgraded my balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for no additional money. I think we can handle almost 600 sq feet in a quarantine with two kids. Our cabin neighbors may hate us though 🙂

Just curious how did you book an upgrade for no additional money?

Link to post
Share on other sites

More concerned with Measles, Chicken Pox or Flu before I’d be concerned with Coronavirus and kids. At least those viruses are known to kill children.  Children have a natural protection from corona virus for unknown reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

 

AND cruise lines are offering refunds left and right, so you don't LOSE anything by waiting...why gamble with your family's health and go when you have everything to lose and nothing to gain?  Trips will be there next year and 5 years from now...

 

That is not true.  They are only offering FCC and possible refunds depending on what penalty phase you're in.  Regarding FCC; each passenger gets back their own cruise fare price.  Also, they are only valid through a certain period of time.  So if I was to cancel my family cruise scheduled for next month, and rebook for April 2021.  I would be out of pocked $741.84 purely due to price increase, I also lose being onboard of a newly remodeled ship, I also will not be booking on the same promo that I booked originally, therefore, I could be out more since when I booked it was buy one get one 50%.  What that means is that my husband was the #1 passenger,meaning he will have more credit and probably have credit left over where I will actually have to pay more for me since my cruise credit will be lower.  As long as everyone is aware of how the FCC works then it might work out perfectly.  However, there are many of us who this doesn't work out well for and why we are willing to wait it out or risk just boarding and see what happens.  

Edited by KelSny1011
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...