Cruise Critic Community
AF-1

AMAWaterways Covid 19 Cancel Policy

Pompein,  sorry have not had that issue.  AMA cancelled our May 11 cruise;  we opted to take 115% credit and will book a river cruise for 2021.  

22 hours ago, Pompein said:

Anybody have any experience with their future cruise booking?

We cruised last July. Purchased the future cruise booking benefit (deposit plus 5% off). Booked a cruise for Oct 2020.

So my TA says if we cancel, we lose $200 each deposit. If we rebook, they will transfer funds to new cruise, but the price may be higher.

Either way it sounds like we lose the FCC. I'm not happy about this. We should be able to reuse it on a future cruise.

Anyone have this situation?

It's probably much to early for the lines to start cancelling for October, as they are still hoping to be on the rivers sometime in July.  I would assume that if you were to cancel that far in advance, they would treat it as any normal cancellation, whereas if they have to cancel it in Aug or Sept, then things could be different.  It's a waiting game, and depends on how long you wish to wait them out.

Daisi;  my May trip cancelled;  we had AMA put our money into our account plus the deposit.  So if you tell them you are going to book next year;  your deposit should not be lost

May 5 update

At this time, we have extended suspensions for river cruise sailings embarking through JULY 31, 2020.

my T.A. just called, my 7/20 cruise is officially cancelled 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, coevan said:

my T.A. just called, my 7/20 cruise is officially cancelled 

Are you getting your money back?

Sorry about your cruise.

Edited by Coral

wow I was supposed to fly to Zurich today for our Rhine River Cruise.  Oh well;  still stuck in Cincinnati for another month;  we shall see what Jun brings

forget about June, 

20 hours ago, Coral said:

Are you getting your money back?

as of now they offered 115% FCC, talking to my T.A. about refund, I only have the $800 deposit.

17 hours ago, coevan said:

forget about June, 

as of now they offered 115% FCC, talking to my T.A. about refund, I only have the $800 deposit.

I am glad that is all you have invested.

AMA has all our money so we are rolling the dice and took the 115% credit.  We will most likely book for May 2021.  We shall see what happens in the next few months.

We received our 65% credit plus 35% cruise credit this week after AMA cancelled our cruise.  Some other people who were booked by our travel agent also received a credit for the travel waiver plus they purchased.  I'm wondering how many of you were reimbursed for this?

Ama update, obviously our 7/20 was cancelled and we were offered FCC. My TA called me 10 minutes ago ans was offered my $800 deposit and $1100 in insurance will be refunded in 3-4 weeks. We decided to forgo the 115% FCC due to all the uncertainty. Now we have to wait for our paid in full flights on Swiss Air. At this point they are only offering credit through 4/21. We think it is a cheap offer. We'll wait them out.

Good luck coevan;  hope you don't have too many issues with Swiss Air.  Right now I have money tied up with AMA, Princess, and Delta.   We have FCC and E-credit with all these companies. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 11:04 AM, danrob said:

We received our 65% credit plus 35% cruise credit this week after AMA cancelled our cruise.  Some other people who were booked by our travel agent also received a credit for the travel waiver plus they purchased.  I'm wondering how many of you were reimbursed for this?

I received a refund this week for the travel waiver plus I purchased for a June 8th cruise that was cancelled.

Edited by JohninAult

On 5/19/2020 at 6:31 AM, AF-1 said:

Good luck coevan;  hope you don't have too many issues with Swiss Air.  Right now I have money tied up with AMA, Princess, and Delta.   We have FCC and E-credit with all these companies. 

unbelievable, we got our refund check in a week, shocked to see a negative balance on my Capital One card