Travel from Europe banned

jxtgreek

29 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

I wonder if this covers people on a cruise to Europe who will need to fly home after their cruise??

That might have been one of the exceptions POTUS was talking about in his speech. 

We were due to fly from Spain to Miami on 11th April to meet up  with Conquest  I guess we're not going now. We will have to wait to see what the airlines say and what Carnival say. I'm hoping for refunds because FCC isn't going to be whole lot of good to us

How does Carnival change ship crews?  On my cruises, the captain and executive staff (1st officer, engineer, etc) were mostly Italian and always European, with some exception.  Filter that down to other employees, like cook and serving staff, I wonder that works out.

The ban does not apply to American citizens that can freely fly to and from Europe. Which in effect produces NO benefits to the so-called ban. There is also no ban on travel from Asia nor Africa which makes the whole thing moot. 😷

• Like 1

Hi

Just wondering???? Since this is going to be happening by this weekend, are the specific details (written) available for us to read and try to understand if/how it might affect us. 

T.V. news feeds are telling us very little and I am not seeing other internet sites giving much more in terms of specific information. Where are you folks getting information from? Please attach any links that might be helpful.

thanks

We were scheduled to fly to Germany mid-April. We're looking at rescheduling until October. As of yesterday our carrier was allowing travelers to make schedule changes with no penalty, not sure how the announcement will affect that.

4 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

The ban does not apply to American citizens that can freely fly to and from Europe. Which in effect produces NO benefits to the so-called ban. There is also no ban on travel from Asia nor Africa which makes the whole thing moot. 😷

Hi

Just saw your post. I can't imagine how anyone would expect the airlines to continue operating these routes with only U.S. passengers. At best I can only imagine a significantly reduced flight schedule, more like a handful of flights just to repatriate U.S. citizens stuck in Europe. I guess everybody could make their way back to England and fly home from there.