Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

For those who are impacted by this business decision, Princess is offering guests the opportunity to transfer 100% of the money paid for their cancelled cruise to a future cruise of their choice. To add a bonus incentive for guests to accept this offer, the company will add an additional generous future cruise credit benefit which can be applied to the cruise fare or onboard expenses.  In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Details just coming out but include "The cruise operator, which has faced quarantines on two coronavirus-stricken ships, announced it would “voluntarily pause global operations” of its 18 vessels through May 10."

6 minutes ago, Dawniepoo said:

Frankly, I am relieved. I needed someone to save me from myself. I swear I was going no matter what. 

I agree. We are on NCL cruise on 4/5 but have a mom over 70 (doc probably won’t sign the med letter) and they’re in high school. Can’t risk a quarantine for them to miss 2 weeks if quarantine) but they want to risk it.  Ummm. I don’t want to be the bad guy and say we are not going so hoping NCL pulls the trigger too. I can’t imagine they won’t.

• Like 1

Given the dire situation with Princess and all the cruise travel industry, it's nice to acknowledge that Princess is offering very good compensation for passengers impacted by this freeze in operations. 

Now if the airlines would do similar - on hold with Virgin Atlantic and gave up. 

Darcy

• Like 3

I guess we'll be driving to Oregon.  I don't fly (bad experience lead to sever anxiety), since we need to be there to take care of grandkids 1 & 2 when #3 arrives. It's only about 3200 miles, and we love road trips. Gotta change my packing plans though, no need for sundresses and shorts.

• Like 2