Jump to content

Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days


cruisingrandy
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cliffdweller said:

we are wondering the same.  I posted on our roll call but thus far no answer.

I looked at my booking and final payment confirmation from my TA, and the prices for the insurance were part of the cruise price I paid, so I am assuming it will be part of the reimbursement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not clear how china is testing or reporting, but if, at this point, they are continuing to do tests and reporting deaths, it's been about 2 months and they are now seeing very few new cases.  That's making me optimistic, although their response of locking down an entire area may have contributed a great deal to this.  Today, my email is filled with cancellations of large group gatherings...sports events, religious events, dinner meetings....and I expect even more tomorrow.  Despite the US Government's lack of definitive action, my fellow citizens are smart enough to take proactive actions.  It would be great to have more test kits....that will come, albeit ridiculously late...but it will come.

 

My plan, being over 70 and perhaps having underlying issues, is to become somewhat of a hermit for 60 to 90 days....not confined to my home, but I can still drive around without coming into contact with others...so I have some freedom, unlike a strict quarantine.  I believe we will see a "rapid" rise in cases (we should see as more testing is done).  Death rates are very high...again, because the number of cases is undertested and therefore underreported, but deaths are pretty accurate....likely it's really 3% or less.   But then we'll see new cases slow and active cases drop.....so 90-120 days is probably a good estimate of the time to lose weight, like me, in panic mode.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, brisalta said:

 

The original payment would be per reservation number not per passenger hence the same with refund related matters..

 

I was just able to open the form again and it has this language now.  I will assume that we are all set with one form.

 

image.png.7df07643feda531630f630faa13e6e11.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

.....so 90-120 days is probably a good estimate of the time to lose weight, like me, in panic mode.

 

Haha. We just finished stocking up a bit this morning (and, no, we didn’t buy TP) and got it all in the house and put away. And then looked at each other and said that with nothing to do but eat and all this food in the house, we’ll be packing on the pounds if we’re not careful. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Waynetor said:

So who is in a gambling mood - if you book a cruise May 11 or shortly after and the virus situation continues to grow, then the program would likely get continued and you could earn extra credits and if no extension you get your cruise. 

Wow! Thinking out of the box. And, you just returned from 59 days on Island! Good luck Wayne! I will cross my fingers and remain hopeful for a fall sailing.😄

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

I was just able to open the form again and it has this language now.  I will assume that we are all set with one form.

 

image.png.7df07643feda531630f630faa13e6e11.png

That's how I read it as well.  One request - one booking number.  This is a processing nightmare as is.  It would be that much worse if each person in a cabin submitted one.  So all this will get loaded into the system and munged around to come up with FCC and/or $$ for each booking.  We have no idea when we can expect any results.  So we sit tight for a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We have no idea when we can expect any results.  So we sit tight for a few days.

As per the FAQ:

 

7. How will I be notified when the FCC is ready? The future cruise credit will not be applied instantaneously, and we ask that you are patient and allow up to 30 business days to process it. No special codes are needed. We will automatically take care of it and notify you when it’s done. You can also log on to your Captain's Circle Account on princess.com to check your FCC balance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, idahospud said:

As per the FAQ:

 

7. How will I be notified when the FCC is ready? The future cruise credit will not be applied instantaneously, and we ask that you are patient and allow up to 30 business days to process it. No special codes are needed. We will automatically take care of it and notify you when it’s done. You can also log on to your Captain's Circle Account on princess.com to check your FCC balance.

Thank you very much.  Been trying to work on this as well as real work - getting too old for multi-tasking.  🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I looked at my booking and final payment confirmation from my TA, and the prices for the insurance were part of the cruise price I paid, so I am assuming it will be part of the reimbursement. 

thank you  My confirmation of final payment shows that as well.  My TA just emailed me to assure Princess will refund all  That is a small part of the total cost but important none-the-less.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cancelled my cruise on February 11 for a cruise on February 25. I had a Vista suite so quite costly. I had insurance and they told me I would not get my insurance money back now they are giving people 100 per cent refunds even with no insurance so I feel insurance costs should be returned.   Also since this has all unfolded we should be able to get our money back instead of a future cruise. But we may not have to be worry since it is highly unlikely we will survive this virus epidemic. I don't think people realize how serious this really is and how it will tear this country apart.   Cruising should be the last thing on anyone's mind it should be preparing to hunker down for at least the next 3 months probably far longer and I wish you all safety when those less fortunate and less prepared than we are become desperate for food and basic survival. I would refer you to a movie Contagion from 2011. It is even referred to on the CDC website to see how things can unfold. For those of us over 55 it is life threatening 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

I believe it goes like this. If you paid $2500.00 for cruise, 225% would translate to $5625.00. 2500x 225%. 

Thank you!  So we would get credit for a future cruise plus the $5625.00 for another future cruise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kruznkat said:

Thank you!  So we would get credit for a future cruise plus the $5625.00 for another future cruise?

I think it's just under option 1, you would be given a credit of 5625 put into your account based on the 2500 number I gave. Quite an attractive option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Thank you very much.  Been trying to work on this as well as real work - getting too old for multi-tasking.  🙃

I still haven’t gotten email. Filled in online form from links here. So I dont imagine I will see FCC for at least 30 days. I’m keeping my auto response emails and screen shots and will be patient. Also have a PVP AON in the works too that has to catch up with everything. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

This isn't just Princess...

As of March 9

Costa Magica - Suspected

Nile River Cruise - Confirmed

Holland America Westerdam - Confirmed

World Dream - Confirmed on previous voyage

 

 

Ah, no, Westerdam, last I heard, was a false positive. https://time.com/5789745/westerdam-coronavirus-false-positive/

 

Another corona thread, with bad info....that is one reason Cruise Critic doesn't want a bunch of threads.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kkmiausa said:

I cancelled my cruise on February 11 for a cruise on February 25. I had a Vista suite so quite costly. I had insurance and they told me I would not get my insurance money back now they are giving people 100 per cent refunds even with no insurance so I feel insurance costs should be returned.   Also since this has all unfolded we should be able to get our money back instead of a future cruise. But we may not have to be worry since it is highly unlikely we will survive this virus epidemic. I don't think people realize how serious this really is and how it will tear this country apart.   Cruising should be the last thing on anyone's mind it should be preparing to hunker down for at least the next 3 months probably far longer and I wish you all safety when those less fortunate and less prepared than we are become desperate for food and basic survival. I would refer you to a movie Contagion from 2011. It is even referred to on the CDC website to see how things can unfold. For those of us over 55 it is life threatening 

 

Are you getting a 100% refund even though you canceled before the cruise itself was canceled?  Was your insurance purchased through Princess or independently?  If through Princess, the insurance will probably be refunded.  If independent, it sounds like the answer is that it won't be refunded.  I would check the fine print in your insurance contract.  I am sure the answer is in there (and usually insurance contracts are written to the benefit of the insurer!).

 

Edited by frugaltravel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...