Jump to content

Virgin Voyages Postponing Launch until July


Recommended Posts

A 60 day final payment would be greatly appreciated.  My final payment is supposed to be in early June, and at this point I feel there's too much uncertainty to make that.  I still would rather cancel and book a longer cruise elsewhere this fall if conditions permit, but only if Virgin allows deposit refunds or extends the rebooking window beyond 12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, timf2001 said:

A 60 day final payment would be greatly appreciated.  My final payment is supposed to be in early June, and at this point I feel there's too much uncertainty to make that.  I still would rather cancel and book a longer cruise elsewhere this fall if conditions permit, but only if Virgin allows deposit refunds or extends the rebooking window beyond 12 months.

Hey Tim,

 

VV have extended their rebooking window to 24 months in my case, probably because I complained nicely to them about having to travel half way across the world to get there. I, also, are hopeful that they will cancel our Sept sailing, which is entirely possible given the continuing rates of infection in the US. Good luck on getting the outcome you’re hoping for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, so im just looking for peoples thoughts on my situation, ive booked with VV on 18th Sept this year for my first solo cruise, i have booked the flights from UK separate along with 5 nights in Vegas after the cruise to meet my friends however don't know wha the best thing to do is. 

 

VV will let me cancel up to 120 day out and receive a refund minus deposit which would be a future cruise credit, or after 120 day to go the full balance would be as a cruise credit which i think is fair. 

 

British airways who i booked the flights with will not let me cancel or change whatsover and if i do ill lose my £150 deposit.

 

I feel there is too much uncertainty to cruise at the moment (especially as its a solo cruise, if there are to be social distancing this won't be must fun)  and would prefer the cash refund in the meantime from VV. 

 

As BA won't let me change or cancel (I thankfully have only paid the deposit for this part of the trip so far) I would just need to hope they cancel a flight which would mean they would refund me that. 

 

Whats peoples thoughts, I love to hear peoples takes on it,  what would you do? thanks!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eklad1 said:

I feel there is too much uncertainty to cruise at the moment (especially as its a solo cruise, if there are to be social distancing this won't be must fun)  and would prefer the cash refund in the meantime from VV. 

 

Whats peoples thoughts, I love to hear peoples takes on it,  what would you do? thanks!

 

It seems you already know what you should do.  FWIW  I agree with the decision to cancel.  Especially as a solo who is looking forward to socializing.  Even Vegas is talking about rules when they reopen that will impede socializing.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...