Jump to content

A suggestion on communication from Azamara during this uncomfortable time for everyone


Recommended Posts

We have finally had notifications of our Singapore to Dubai cruise has been cancelled, but Azamara have not come out if this with any shred of credibility. Poor communication throughout and scant regard for guests concerns. I will not be cruising with them again, which is sad as I  enjoyed the Azamara experience and really feel for the excellent Crew onboard who do far more than the management team to enhance this brand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally someone at Azamara has seen sense and cancelled our cruise to nowhere. What started as an exciting adventure booking the cruise last September has now ended in total frustration in March. No one could have foreseen how Covid-19 has engulfed the world and it’s far reaching implications on daily life , work, and travel. Azamara did not meet the challenge of this virus like other cruise lines have done they chose to ignore the inevitable,  like trying to strike a match in the wind and rain. How better they could have treated their many loyal passengers but they did not and I hope they find a bearth with a new cruise line with a more encompassing philosophy and service. Good luck to all our fellow cruises as  we navigate the rough seas of the Coronavirus with the hope your next cruise is your best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Did anyone else get the email from Larry Pimental that Bonnie posted? We received it at 3am this morning UK time.

Yes lots of other posts mention it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Azamara needs to make a decision. Not many of us wish to be on a cruise at the moment. The uncertainty of being quarantined at sea, no ports to visit, departure port in lock down.........and now if we are over 70 we need a doctors letter. 

 

Azamara - do the right thing and cancel forthcoming cruises.Our cruise next month is Dubai to Athens. We are Brits so if the itinerary is changed significantly we can cancel and claim a refund. One of us is over 70 so that’s not looking good. We do not want a FCC. If we have to fight for a cash refund, this will leave us with such negative views of our previously favourite cruise line 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, diana11 said:

I think Azamara needs to make a decision. Not many of us wish to be on a cruise at the moment. The uncertainty of being quarantined at sea, no ports to visit, departure port in lock down.........and now if we are over 70 we need a doctors letter. 

 

Azamara - do the right thing and cancel forthcoming cruises.Our cruise next month is Dubai to Athens. We are Brits so if the itinerary is changed significantly we can cancel and claim a refund. One of us is over 70 so that’s not looking good. We do not want a FCC. If we have to fight for a cash refund, this will leave us with such negative views of our previously favourite cruise line 

Lost in all the threads, but Bonnie from Azamara confirmed yesterday your cruise is cancelled. 

 

Phil 

FD93D104-EC47-4A12-98C8-3BEAAECF5773.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Azamara is currently like the little child who does not want to hear who sticks his fingers in his ears and sings la la la la. 
 

That was a naughty step crime (or dare I say smack) for my children 👶 

Edited by uktog
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uktog said:

Azamara is currently like the little child who does not want to hear who sticks his fingers in his ears and sings la la la la. 

 

And it's customers will be throwing the teddy out of the pram

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Lost in all the threads, but Bonnie from Azamara confirmed yesterday your cruise is cancelled. 

 

Phil 

FD93D104-EC47-4A12-98C8-3BEAAECF5773.png

Not sure Phil but maybe the OP is referring to the Dubai to Athens on Journey on 26th April. 
We too are meant to be on that cruise but as yet no decision by Azamara, although I don’t need a crystal ball to guess!

vicki

Edited by gymfreak
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Not sure Phil but maybe the OP is referring to the Dubai to Athens on Journey on 26th April. 
We too are meant to be on that cruise but as yet no decision by Azamara, although I don’t need a crystal ball to guess!

vicki

Ah sorry Vicki. I don't see that cruise happening either, but hope that Azamara don't leave people in limbo for too long. 

 

Phil 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ah sorry Vicki. I don't see that cruise happening either, but hope that Azamara don't leave people in limbo for too long. 

 

Phil 

Yes we are on the Journey 26th April. I just hope they do the right thing and cancel it now like other cruiselines rather than right before we are due to go 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diana11 said:

Yes we are on the Journey 26th April. I just hope they do the right thing and cancel it now like other cruiselines rather than right before we are due to go 

Sorry for the confusion.  Monday they will hopefully make a proper announcement. 

 

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry for the confusion.  Monday they will hopefully make a proper announcement. 

 

Phil

RCC have just put out a press release announcing their suspension of cruising globally from midnight tonight to 11 April. I wonder how long it will take them to communicate this with customers (I’m assuming this applies to Azamara)

Link to post
Share on other sites

March 14, 2020

Dear Azamara Guest,

Beginning at midnight tonight, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., our parent company, has decided to voluntarily suspend our fleet’s global sailings in support of the global public health circumstances. Our goal is to resume operations after April 11th, 2020.

 

Unfortunately, this means upcoming voyages scheduled to sail during this time will be cancelled. We’re currently working directly with guests as well as travel advisors impacted by this temporary disruption.  

 

We will conclude current sailings with modifications in order to provide our guests the best options for their safe return home. We are also communicating with our shipboard leadership to work through the adjustments this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption. 

 

This decision is inconvenient, but necessary in light of the global response to this virus. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; however, our priority is to protect the safety and well-being of our guests and crew, first and foremost.  We know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. 

 

I highly encourage you to visit our website, which is constantly being updated with the latest travel alerts and regulations at https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory.

 

On behalf of all of us at Azamara, including our senior officers and crew, thank you for your continuous support. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

 

Sincerely, 

Larry Pimentel

President and CEO, AZAMARA®

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...