Jump to content

Cruise with Confidence question


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Can someone please clarify my understanding of cruise with confidence. I get the purpose of it, but if my cruise is in May and I already paid in full. 
 

Can I cancel and rebook The same cruise for a lower rate.

 

i called Royal Caribbean twice and both people seemed to not know the real answer. 
 

One had told me I can’t do it at all and I get all of it back cruise credit.

 

The other said I lose my deposit and 25% of remaining balance. The other 75% gets refunded to my credit card. 
 

What is the actual answer? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

Hi all,

 

Can someone please clarify my understanding of cruise with confidence. I get the purpose of it, but if my cruise is in May and I already paid in full. 
 

Can I cancel and rebook The same cruise for a lower rate.

 

i called Royal Caribbean twice and both people seemed to not know the real answer. 
 

One had told me I can’t do it at all and I get all of it back cruise credit.

 

The other said I lose my deposit and 25% of remaining balance. The other 75% gets refunded to my credit card. 
 

What is the actual answer? 

You can cancel and receive a 100% FCC.

 

You can rebook the cruise paying whatever the current rates are as a separate transaction.

 

You cannot apply the FCC from a cancelled cruise to the same cruise.  The FCC must be applied to a different cruise.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can cancel and receive a 100% FCC.

 

You can rebook the cruise paying whatever the current rates are as a separate transaction.

 

You cannot apply the FCC from a cancelled cruise to the same cruise.  The FCC must be applied to a different cruise.  

The amount of the FCC depends on where you are in the cancellation period.   The amount that you would normal lose as a penalty for cancelling (25, 50, 75, 100% ) plus the $100 Non-Refundable Deposit will be the amount of the FCC.   The non-penalty amount and the port taxes and fees will be refunded to your credit card.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The amount of the FCC depends on where you are in the cancellation period.   The amount that you would normal lose as a penalty for cancelling (25, 50, 75, 100% ) plus the $100 Non-Refundable Deposit will be the amount of the FCC.   The non-penalty amount and the port taxes and fees will be refunded to your credit card.

 

What would I get back in fCc

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled an April cruise today through a large TA. When the agent was on the phone with the Royal Caribbean Rep, she asked about a cancellation number, the Rep said that the FCC would be applied to the original reservation number with no addition cancellation number.

 

I checked my online Royal Caribbean online account, this cruse is still list under my Upcoming Cruises. When will this cruise no longer appear there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The amount of the FCC depends on where you are in the cancellation period.   The amount that you would normal lose as a penalty for cancelling (25, 50, 75, 100% ) plus the $100 Non-Refundable Deposit will be the amount of the FCC.   The non-penalty amount and the port taxes and fees will be refunded to your credit card.

 

 

I am pretty sure the rules changed in just the past day or 2 so that it is all FCC now including the non penalty amount.  Guess too many were cancelling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...