LATEST Carnival stance per John Healf

Eli_6

11 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

I have well controlled type 2 diabetes.  How would they know?

Have you ever requested a sharps container?  My late SO was diabetic and stewards are still asking me if I need one, almost three years later.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Have you ever requested a sharps container?  My late SO was diabetic and stewards are still asking me if I need one, almost three years later.

Nope, I just take metformin and that's it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Well that's it for me.  I didn't see any mention of how long this policy is likely to stay in effect.  Forever?

Since this is for March 13 through 16, I suspect they are working on longer-term guidelines for March 17 forward (or suspending all cruises for a while).

• Like 4

I'm confused if this means ANYONE with diabetes regardless of age(under 70)... or age of 70 with diabetes...we are supposed to be cruising on 4/18 so need to make some decisions...also, we have not received any of the emails as well so only getting info through this forum...thanks so much!

1 minute ago, lindya said:

I'm confused if this means ANYONE with diabetes regardless of age(under 70)... or age of 70 with diabetes...we are supposed to be cruising on 4/18 so need to make some decisions...also, we have not received any of the emails as well so only getting info through this forum...thanks so much!

I think it's anyone. Because this is a concern with Coronavirus as one of the main underlying health concerns with this virus.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

Hope we get this....I have never received either of the previous letters! I guess that’s it for our cruise...my dr prob will not sign off on my husband 😟

Have you checked your profile on your Carnival account to make sure your email address is correct?

31 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Since this is for March 13 through 16, I suspect they are working on longer-term guidelines for March 17 forward (or suspending all cruises for a while).

I saw that but can't see how this could be implemented today for a three day period of time.  How could anyone sailing on the 13th get a medical letter from a doctor by tomorrow?

• Like 1

People who are non insulin controlled ( ie diet controlled or oral med controlled) are not at as great a risk.  Nor are people with heart disease/ high blood pressure who are well controlled on meds.  This is overkill. (although I do go along with getting a physician clearance in certain cases) The only people who will be able to cruise using these guidelines are 30 something's.  🙄

baf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aggiejade said:

Have you checked your profile on your Carnival account to make sure your email address is correct?

Yes and I have received updated letters with room changes I made etc. no use calling!

10 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I saw that but can't see how this could be implemented today for a three day period of time.  How could anyone sailing on the 13th get a medical letter from a doctor by tomorrow?

They can’t.  Those are the people who are no longer welcome 😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Nor are people with heart disease/ high blood pressure who are well controlled on meds.

This describes me but I have no notion how Carnival will want it phrased in a Fit to Sail letter.  Have a condition?  Is it well controlled? 

If they don't ask the second question it looks to be an automatic denial.

Right now too many unknowns and too little time to think clearly.

I know it's a third world problem but that doesn't make me any less disappointed.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

That is so off base, really?

Sorry if it was not phrased well or seems offensive, that was not my intent.  I am also very frustrated by the entire mess and tired of going from Plan A, to B, to C, etc.  My SO is 71 and is well controlled on meds.  At this point, yes, I definitely feel unwelcome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

This describes me but I have no notion how Carnival will want it phrased in a Fit to Sail letter.  Have a condition?  Is it well controlled?

Well, they presumably don't know that you have heart disease/high blood pressure. They only one they know for sure is if you're over 70.

Though lying about pre-existing conditions if asked could have negative consequences if something were to happen I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, ZoeyVictoria said:

Sorry if it was not phrased well or seems offensive, that was not my intent.  I am also very frustrated by the entire mess and tired of going from Plan A, to B, to C, etc.  My SO is 71 and is well controlled on meds.  At this point, yes, I definitely feel unwelcome.

I certainly understand all frustrations, I have them as well. Things are really dynamic now and is changing hourly. They are really trying their very best for everyone.  The 70 did not originate with them. 

• Like 1