Jump to content

Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Oville said:

We’ve received numerous payments from Celebrity for canceling our June Summit cruise.  Our cancellation was before final payment and we haven’t been fully reimbursed.    I think J was told it would come in pieces.

Nothing yet.. we  cancelled the excursions and dining online and have receipts. Then we called to cancel  the cruise under the short lived "Cruise w confidence",:   50 % refund to card plus tax and fees and 50% fcc 

No rush but would like  put it to rest and figure out our credit card refunds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pilotboy1985 said:

Wait, you're getting money back on your credit card? I was told all I was getting was a future cruise credit if I were to cancel???

We cancelled as soon as the offer was posted..we were in 50% penalty.

Offer  changed shortly after that to fcc only!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hcat said:

We cancelled as soon as the offer was posted..we were in 50% penalty.

Offer  changed shortly after that to fcc only!  

Not following you. I have cruise booked for end of may. Under normal cancellation policy, I can cancel for 50% until Sunday.  So I get 50% refund and 50% FCC if I  do, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, katrina915 said:

Not following you. I have cruise booked for end of may. Under normal cancellation policy, I can cancel for 50% until Sunday.  So I get 50% refund and 50% FCC if I  do, right?

Rumor has it and you will only get 100% FCC.  Call your TA to make sure this is true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

 

Agreed, the news statement seems to imply that she acquired it while on board.

"who had been aboard a Celebrity Cruise acquired the virus"

And our news always tells the truth and nothing but the truth?  Doesn't pass the smell test.  Makes better news if caught disease on board.  50/50 IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oville said:

Rumor has it and you will only get 100% FCC.  Call your TA to make sure this is true.

 

We canceled on 3/10 and while in the 75% penalty phase. First, they honored the original cancellation agreement and refunded 25%. Then, with the new temporary policy, they covered our "cancellation fees" (75%) with a FCC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on this cruise. I contacted health officials immediately upon hearing this news report but I have been told to self monitor. My wife and I stayed home from work yesterday because we were showing symptoms of the common cold but did not want to take chances. Neither one of us have symptoms of the virus.  Apparently the woman who tested positive was traveling with other family members and they are being tested.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Briguy071 said:

I was on this cruise. I contacted health officials immediately upon hearing this news report but I have been told to self monitor. My wife and I stayed home from work yesterday because we were showing symptoms of the common cold but did not want to take chances. Neither one of us have symptoms of the virus.  Apparently the woman who tested positive was traveling with other family members and they are being tested.  

IMO the health Dept should test you. Good for you on contacting them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is confusion regarding this bc Summit departed PR on Feb 29, not Mar 1.  Summit was in St Thomas on Mar 1.  A 

Carnival Fascination cruise fits the itinerary perfectly. So this is likely typical news mistake. 

 

We are trying to find clarification.  Someone posted on a FB group that Celebrity says this is not true for Summit. I don't have confirmation of that, however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

SUMMIT Cancellation progress....( posting here and on main CC bd)

We cancelled  one pre paid Specialty Dining and pre paid Excursions  on 3/6 on the Cruise Planner.  These  were  orig billed for a  2  person total but dining was credited back pp and total excursions were credited back pp  to the card.  It did all add up to what we paid.

 

We cancelled the cruise itself on 3/7 with a Celeb res specialist..Nothing has come back yet on our card.  We expect a  credit to our card  pp for 50% of the cruise fare plus taxes and fees pp and eventually a Future Cruise Credit pp for 50% of the cruise fare. Will post when that comes through.

 

We lost the OBC, which was expected ;and probably are  out the Cruise Care cost b/c being from  NY,  we had to buy from a sep entity than X..I will call them later to confirm...normally that would have come back as well but no option here.  We also lost a very small amt for an  extra evac and med policy that we usually buy from another company.

 

Hope this assists those still deciding . 

Hope thise still going will have a wonderful time.  We just did not want the extra stress or need to run around now to get a med note.

Best wishes!

Edited by hcat
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hcat said:

SUMMIT Cancellation progress....

 

We cancelled the cruise itself on 3/7 with a Celeb res specialist..Nothing has come back yet on our card.  We expect a  credit to our card  pp for 50% of the cruise fare plus taxes and fees pp and eventually a Future Cruise Credit pp for 50% of the cruise fare. Will post when that comes through.


I briefed the T&C's of the offer when it came out, hoping to cancel and rebook for lower fares on upcoming cruise, but it said they would not be issued until I believe 10 days after cancellation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that I cancelled, would be boarding tomorrow. News article specifically states "Celebrity". Article may have the date of embarkation wrong. I hate it for those currently aboard if it is the Summit..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not absolutely positive but I believe it was the Summit that was sailing out of Puerto Rico. I believe it is the only ship the Celebrity has that sails from San Juan and the port calendar shows it being in San Juan on those days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Oville said:

We’ve received numerous payments from Celebrity for canceling our June Summit cruise.  Our cancellation was before final payment and we haven’t been fully reimbursed.    I think J was told it would come in pieces.

 

You're lucky you were able to cancel prior to final payment.  Not so lucky on my B2B2B.  Final payment was made before all this hit the fan.  So now I'm stuck with a huge FCC which I may or may not be able to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CCHelp changed the title to Celebrity Summit - February 29, 2020 and COVID-19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...