Has anyone else not had the e-mail from Princess yet?

We haven’t heard anything yet, our cruise was supposed to be today but I cancelled on Tuesday because of all the uncertainty. Good job I did otherwise we would have been 4 hours into a 10 hour flight when the news came through. The bulletin online says that if you cancelled after 4th February and had paid the full balance, which we had, it would still apply. Everyone else I am in touch with in the same situation. i.e. they also cancelled just before, has had the e-mail. So getting worried now. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

We haven’t heard anything yet, our cruise was supposed to be today but I cancelled on Tuesday because of all the uncertainty. Good job I did otherwise we would have been 4 hours into a 10 hour flight when the news came through. The bulletin online says that if you cancelled after 4th February and had paid the full balance, which we had, it would still apply. Everyone else I am in touch with in the same situation. i.e. they also cancelled just before, has had the e-mail. So getting worried now. 

I cancelled  March 6 th. Did not get email. It is on Princess website with link to form. I sent it to my TA to see if I can get refund. 

While not sure, if your cruise was sitting with a travel agent, I expect it was up to them to notify you. Not sure how things may work differently in the U.K. Ours was with a TA and the email came from them, not Princess.

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

You don't need an email - just use the link to the online claim form and submit your claim.  If you booked with a TA, enter their name/info in the appropriate boxes.

Yes we are Elite so cruised with Princess before.

Managed to get a message to a TA who sent an e - mail saying we are only eligible for option 1 now I read that bit on the bulletin as meaning we could also take the higher option of option 1. How did everyone else read it?

Still no e mail from Princess which TA says will come from them. 

17 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Yes we are Elite so cruised with Princess before.

Managed to get a message to a TA who sent an e - mail saying we are only eligible for option 1 now I read that bit on the bulletin as meaning we could also take the higher option of option 1. How did everyone else read it?

Still no e mail from Princess which TA says will come from them. 

Your travel agent seems to be giving you false information. Here is the letter I got for one of my two canceled cruises.  Since it is being done by Princess, what your travel agent wants is meaningless. You can use the link in this letter to take you to the Princess site and anyone can cancel and select the option they want. 

Dear Todd,

Recognizing our responsibility to our guests, our crew and the global community, and after very serious consideration of the evolving COVID-19 situation, Princess Cruises has made the difficult decision to voluntarily and temporarily pause our global ship operations for 60 days, effective immediately through May 11, 2020.

While we know you were anticipating sailing with us, we apologize and sincerely share in your disappointment at hearing this news. Please watch this video I recorded last night which provides more information and the rationale behind the decision.

This decision was not made easily, but following on the heels of the World Health Organization officially classifying the COVID-19 outbreak as a global pandemic, with the virus now present in almost 115 countries and regions, we felt it was our duty as a global partner.

We hope you will stick with us by selecting Option 1, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring money paid and accepting a significantly higher value future cruise credit that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. For some, choosing the future cruise credit may not be financially possible, so we have Option 2 that is a combination of a refund and future cruise credit at lower value.

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

Please let us know your preference through this easy-to-use online form.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

As we embark on the immense task to pause service of our fleet of 18 ships, our goal is to reset the environmental conditions onboard, incorporating all the learnings from the world’s public health experts like the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will also use this time to refocus our attention on providing the best service and experience possible for you.

With your support, we will emerge from this time of trial even stronger. We look forward to serving you while connecting the world for years to come.

Thank you for your understanding, patience and ongoing support.

Sincerely,
Jan Swartz
Jan Swartz 
President

Edited by Expat Cruise
1 hour ago, Expat Cruise said:

Your travel agent seems to be giving you false information. Here is the letter I got for one of my two canceled cruises.  Since it is being done by Princess, what your travel agent wants is meaningless. You can use the link in this letter to take you to the Princess site and anyone can cancel and select the option they want. 

Dear Todd,

Recognizing our responsibility to our guests, our crew and the global community, and after very serious consideration of the evolving COVID-19 situation, Princess Cruises has made the difficult decision to voluntarily and temporarily pause our global ship operations for 60 days, effective immediately through May 11, 2020.

While we know you were anticipating sailing with us, we apologize and sincerely share in your disappointment at hearing this news. Please watch this video I recorded last night which provides more information and the rationale behind the decision.

This decision was not made easily, but following on the heels of the World Health Organization officially classifying the COVID-19 outbreak as a global pandemic, with the virus now present in almost 115 countries and regions, we felt it was our duty as a global partner.

We hope you will stick with us by selecting Option 1, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring money paid and accepting a significantly higher value future cruise credit that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. For some, choosing the future cruise credit may not be financially possible, so we have Option 2 that is a combination of a refund and future cruise credit at lower value.

Your Departure Date In 2020 Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) Option 2: Refund + Future Cruise Credit (lower value)
March 12 - March 25 225% future cruise credit 100% refund + 100% future cruise credit
March 26 - April 8th 175% future cruise credit 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit
April 9th – May 10th 150% future cruise credit 100% refund + 25% future cruise credit

Please let us know your preference through this easy-to-use online form.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

As we embark on the immense task to pause service of our fleet of 18 ships, our goal is to reset the environmental conditions onboard, incorporating all the learnings from the world’s public health experts like the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will also use this time to refocus our attention on providing the best service and experience possible for you.

With your support, we will emerge from this time of trial even stronger. We look forward to serving you while connecting the world for years to come.

Thank you for your understanding, patience and ongoing support.

Sincerely,
Jan Swartz
Jan Swartz 
President

So did you cancel yourself before the announcement yesterday?

i am in the same situation. I cancelled on Friday,one week ago so I would get FCC. supposed to sail on sky tomorrow. my travel agent thinks I will only get 100 percent FCC,but I filled out form anyways asking for full refund as well as FCC.  Nobody seems to really know!

4 hours ago, dog said:

I cancelled  March 6 th. Did not get email. It is on Princess website with link to form. I sent it to my TA to see if I can get refund. 

TA could/would not find out about it so , I filled in the form myself and received email from Princess that they received it. Waiting game now. I am just hoping for cash back rather then the  FCC  I have now. 

Just now, healthworker said:

I also filled out the form!! waiting game....just called cc company, no refund, not even of port taxes.

Yes, I am still in Ft Lauderdale. Came 3 days before cancelling cruise so not checking credit card, but do not see any FCC in my personalizer yet. Expect it next week when I get home. Keep us posted. 

9 hours ago, amajaa said:

No, but I did get an unexpected email...

In the words of Dave Barry, I am not making this up!

I have never used a princess vacation planner, but this morning I received an email from

a princess vacation planner:

"Let me be the first to offer you savings on a Princess Cruise!"

um...maybe wait until every news report isn't negative?

"

We didn't receive an email as yet and now I am not sure what to do!  we cancelled our March 14th cruise on Monday and were told to do our claim through Princess insurance.  I completed it that afternoon and it has been assigned since them.  Should I fill out the form at the link or just wait it out?  I have a feeling that the claim was put on hold given Princess was working on their eventual decision.  would appreciate advice.

Australians in the same position.  Completed and submitted online claim form.  No email response advising Princess received our information and request for Option 2. Spoke to a Princess Consultant yesterday who advised we may have to wait 30 days for refund. 

21 hours ago, amajaa said:

I never got an email either. Cancelled last Friday mar 6. Fill in form online yesterday. 

2 hours ago, remydiva said:

I never got an email either. Cancelled last Friday mar 6. Fill in form online yesterday. 

Because we cancelled a few days before the cruise our travel agent has said we can only take option 1 but I read it as we could also take option 1 meaning we could also take option 2. What were you told? 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:35 PM, amajaa said:

We are in Australia. Our cruise was to start on 7th April. We cancelled on 10th March after the initial Princess announcement allowing for cancellation with 100% FCC. The Princess announcement giving additional FCC, applied to bookings cancelled after a certain date (including ours). It has also been stated that the Princess cancellation policy applies worldwide.

Yesterday morning I clicked on the link that people have provided here on CC, and filled out the form. Later in the day there was an emailed acknowledgment from Princess that my application had been received and would be process in due course.

I suggest that this would be simplest and easiest way for you to proceed.🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller
9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We are in Australia. Our cruise was to start on 7th April. We cancelled on 10th March after the initial Princess announcement allowing for cancellation with 100% FCC. The Princess announcement giving additional FCC, applied to bookings cancelled after a certain date (including ours). It has also been stated that the Princess cancellation policy applies worldwide.

Yesterday morning I clicked on the link that people have provided here on CC, and filled out the form. Later in the day there was an emailed acknowledgment from Princess that my application had been received and would be process in due course.

I suggest that this would be simplest and easiest way for you to proceed.🙂

I filled in the form yesterday and got an immediate acknowledgment from Princess and also from our TA saying the port fees will be refunded to our credit card within a few days and acknowledging the amount of FCC

Never  did receive the e mail from Princess.

The FCC will be put towards our cruise in July apparently but our government has advised against cruising for over 70s so unless the advise changes before then we won’t be able to travel as won’t be covered by insurance. 

5 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I filled in the form yesterday and got an immediate acknowledgment from Princess and also from our TA saying the port fees will be refunded to our credit card within a few days and acknowledging the amount of FCC

Never  did receive the e mail from Princess.

The FCC will be put towards our cruise in July apparently but our government has advised against cruising for over 70s so unless the advise changes before then we won’t be able to travel as won’t be covered by insurance. 

We will let our FCCs sit in our Princess  'account' until the international situation has stabilised. I would not be surprised if that takes six months. ☹️