No cruises to Canada until after July 1

No cruises Over 500 people will be allowed to dock in Canada until after July 1. Just announced. this will affect NCL cruises in May and June on the pearl. 

as an aside, no non-essential travel has been recommended for Canadians. 

Edited by marktwothousand

1 minute ago, marktwothousand said:

No cruises Over 500 people will be allowed to dock in Canada until after July 1. Just announced. this will affect NCL cruises in May and June on the pearl 

Source please?

Posted on the MSC board but don't have  any Alaska cruises.  If the ships have to have a foreign port (they used Canada) and if no Canada what are they going to do to comply unless exemption is given.

Also, Alaska has no cases yet so they are probably holding off on any restrictions until closer to the season.

12 minutes ago, DuckTollerFans said:

We were to be on the Pearl on 5/23.   Dang.

I guess we'll get the refund since it's not our option to cancel.

aren’t they allowed just to change ports without obligating a refund? They do it all the time. Remember that cruise a couple years ago from east coast that was supposed to go to the Caribbean But instead went to Canada due to bad weather? No reason they couldn’t do the opposite here, is there? 

hate to say it, but... yeah...

also, I love my country, but why people wanna cruise here, I can never understand. 

Edited by marktwothousand
  • Like 1

Just now, marktwothousand said:

aren’t they allowed just to change ports without obligating a refund? They do it all the time 

They have to go to a At least 1 foreign port    And that’s Canada.   So where else would they port ?   
and I’m sure Seattle is going to do something’s soon enough. 

16 minutes ago, Ms BumbleBee said:

I am booked to leave from Seattle and I was told that we had to go to a foreign port so not sure how this is going to go

Yes, my Alaska cruise from Seattle has a stop in Victoria BC to satisfy the Jones act.

My guess it’s going to be cancelled as I don’t see them allowing a dispensation from the law.

Just now, justhappy said:

Yes, my Alaska cruise from Seattle has a stop in Victoria BC to satisfy the Jones act.

My guess it’s going to be cancelled as I don’t see them allowing a dispensation from the law.

Same here - I guess we wait to see what NCL does.  We sail 5/16 so I thought there was an outside chance it would go but I think it is getting slimmer and slimmer.