Jump to content

WHEN WILL REMAINING CRUISE LINES SUSPEND OPERATIONS


Recommended Posts

My prediction .... not based on any inside information. With 4 major cruise lines already announcing SUSPENSION of all cruises for 14 to 60 days ...and President Trump expected to declare a National Emergency at 3 PM EST today Friday .... and most governments prohibiting large groups from getting together ....

I expect all the remaining cruise lines to announce suspensions by midnight tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of their new letters from Celebrity say FCC for someone who doesn't qualify with the new 70 age guidelines how can they not give full refund if the don't qualify?

Well we are over 70 and our Government yesterday advised against cruising. 

If I pay, I would have to have the refund in FCC, so I am not going to pay on May 1st for my August 1st cruise. I’m not sure if we would even want to cruise in 21 months time.

044641CD-4E8F-44A0-A0C3-1ED27787136C.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty chaotic, with unclear "letters/directions/stances".  Time to call King's X, take a break, and regroup.  Many people are still spending money to get to the ports on time for this weekend.  Celebrity needs to stop adding more and more band aids to the problem.

3 pm news conference should be interesting...

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW. Now 7 cruise lines have suspended cruises, per updates to my initial post. Given that Canada has just stopped allowing cruises from coming to Canadian ports till July, it sounds like increasing number of countries will do the same. For example, how can you take a cruise to Canada or Italy, if all the ports are closed. 

For many reasons, I feel there is going to be a domino effect. 11 hours left for the balance of cruise lines to suspend operations. When they do suspend, it would be nice if they refund all the monies to those of us that cancelled before the suspension and got partial cash refund and partial FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JOHN474 said:

WOW. Now 7 cruise lines have suspended cruises, per updates to my initial post. Given that Canada has just stopped allowing cruises from coming to Canadian ports till July, it sounds like increasing number of countries will do the same. For example, how can you take a cruise to Canada or Italy, if all the ports are closed. 

For many reasons, I feel there is going to be a domino effect. 11 hours left for the balance of cruise lines to suspend operations. When they do suspend, it would be nice if they refund all the monies to those of us that cancelled before the suspension and got partial cash refund and partial FCC.

 

Reports are coming in that Trump will announce a National Emergency later today so that could change things for all cruises in the U.S.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single email from Celebrity since the start of all this and their Twitter page is still showing the original 48 hour cancellation/full FCC offer. Terrible communication from the company and will be something I’ll keep in mind when it comes to future travel plans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JOHN474 said:

WOW. Now 7 cruise lines have suspended cruises, per updates to my initial post. Given that Canada has just stopped allowing cruises from coming to Canadian ports till July, it sounds like increasing number of countries will do the same. For example, how can you take a cruise to Canada or Italy, if all the ports are closed. 

For many reasons, I feel there is going to be a domino effect. 11 hours left for the balance of cruise lines to suspend operations. When they do suspend, it would be nice if they refund all the monies to those of us that cancelled before the suspension and got partial cash refund and partial FCC.

 

If this is true about Canadian ports, the shoots down all the Alaska cruises until July.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 now... 

 

Ama Waterways; Avalon Waterways, Aida, Celestyal, Costa, Disney, Olsen, Princess, Saga, Scenic, Uniworld, Viking, Virgin and Windstar.  Most have re-start dates in late April / early May - but Virgin is saying August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

14 now... 

 

Ama Waterways; Avalon Waterways, Aida, Celestyal, Costa, Disney, Olsen, Princess, Saga, Scenic, Uniworld, Viking, Virgin and Windstar.  Most have re-start dates in late April / early May - but Virgin is saying August.

 

I think Disney is only suspending until the end of this month. Likely they will extend that though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

Costa only a closure till April 3rd. 

 

My TA said there would be an announcement at 2pm Eastern Daylight Time.  Did you forget to set your clock? 😊

Edited by az_tchr
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Not a single email from Celebrity since the start of all this and their Twitter page is still showing the original 48 hour cancellation/full FCC offer. Terrible communication from the company and will be something I’ll keep in mind when it comes to future travel plans.

I got an email about shore excursions in Norway.

Again these messages are set up weeks ahead.

Just look at them an have a laugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Aida - april 5
Avalon - May 1
AmaWaterways - April 26
Celestyal - May 1
Costa - April 3 
Disney - April 1
Fred. Olsen May 23
Princess - May 10
Saga - May 1
Uniworld - April 23
Viking - May 1
Virgin - July 15
Windstar - May 1

Edited by portofrome
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pauly said:

Costa has suspended operations.

So has Windstar.

 

odd that just Costa is suspending.

i would have figured if another carnival subsidiary is being suspended that carnival will suspend all it's cruise lines in it's portfolio.

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...