Covid-19 poor response by Royal Caribbean

REM25

You know, it is possible to be sympathetic for these people.  I get it.  It sucks.  Even if there were other options, it still sucks.  This is an especially good time to remind people to be kind to each other.

That's all I wanted to say.

1 hour ago, clumsychica said:

From my experience working in customer service and auto/RV financing... yes, yes they would.

In RV financing, when your rates go up a point or so, do your customers from the past week come in demanding you change their loan to current rates or they won't come back to your dealership?  If you give in to them, then what about the customers from 2 weeks or a month ago?

20 hours ago, zalusky said:

I think what is a little bit sleazy is people who had sailings on March 7.  If you called to cancel immediately as soon as the policy was announced on March 6 it was only effective for March 8 or later and in fact they cancelled US sailings a week later.

So the March 7 people essentially got screwed in the process.  I can understand the retroactive thing but this donut hole if you will is not good PR.

The announcement call for an effective date of March 6, 2020 for their "cruise with confidence."

28 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The announcement call for an effective date of March 6, 2020 for their "cruise with confidence."

It also said 48 hours notice before sailing.  I called Royal the morning of March 6 and asked them and they said sorry.  We are working with our travel agent to see if we can get special consideration but right now it sounds like its not the full "Cruise with Confidence" deal.

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

It also said 48 hours notice before sailing.  I called Royal the morning of March 6 and asked them and they said sorry.  We are working with our travel agent to see if we can get special consideration but right now it sounds like its not the full "Cruise with Confidence" deal.

Q : When it comes to the Cruise with Confidence notification window, what exactly is “up to 48 hours before”?
A : Due to immigration requirements, Royal Caribbean needs a full 48 hours to process your cancellation before your day of departure. Here are day-by-day scenarios below, to help you understand exact timing. It may seem technical, but we’re trying to give you as much time to make your decision as we can. For any additional concerns regarding our Cruise with Confidence cancellation policy, please feel free to contact us at any time before your cruise.

Cruise With Confidence 48 Hour Notification Window
IF YOU ARE SAILING ON… YOU NEED TO CALL US BEFORE…
Monday Midnight Friday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Tuesday Midnight Saturday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Wednesday Midnight Sunday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Thursday Midnight Monday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Friday Midnight Tuesday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Saturday Midnight Wednesday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Sunday Midnight Thursday in the time zone your ship leaves from

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

In RV financing, when your rates go up a point or so, do your customers from the past week come in demanding you change their loan to current rates or they won't come back to your dealership?  If you give in to them, then what about the customers from 2 weeks or a month ago?

We do not accommodate rate changes after the contract is signed.  Doesn't mean people don't demand it, though.

This is the same kind of situation, and it has me SMH.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Q : When it comes to the Cruise with Confidence notification window, what exactly is “up to 48 hours before”?

I know the rules but this an extraordinary event.  The immigration requirement is partially bogus as people can chose not to show up and get all their port fees, taxes refunded.  Airlines, Hotels and others are making exceptions.  I am getting a refund on a nonrefundable flight that I cancelled the day before.  Thank you Delta.

20 hours ago, cello56 said:

Would you get this upset if a car you bought last week had a huge discount program start this week? Also why are you harping over and over again about being a senior? Would it be ok if younger people lost the same money as you did? This is a huge world wide pandemic, and I feel that RCI and all the cruise lines are doing the best that they can. You chose to purchase without insurance - either through RCI or privately. Now you must face the consequences of that decision. 

Converseley, would you get upset if a car you bought had a big price increase after you bought it? The door swings both ways.

12 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I know the rules but this an extraordinary event.  The immigration requirement is partially bogus as people can chose not to show up and get all their port fees, taxes refunded.  Airlines, Hotels and others are making exceptions.  I am getting a refund on a nonrefundable flight that I cancelled the day before.  Thank you Delta.

The whole Cruise with Confidence policy was created to address this extraordinary event.  Royal Caribbean is making thousands of exceptions under this policy.