NCL Suspends Operations for 30 days - BREAKING

LMaxwell

1 hour ago, mearsfansinboise said:

So, the question is - take 125% FCC, or the 100% refund? 

Will the prices be jacked up or lower when this all settles down?

I started looking to use the 100% fare today and the prices are crazy high!

My question  is we had to pay all those tips for the "free" drinks and dinner packages do we get that money too?

7 minutes ago, mianmike said:

That not how it works. Pandemics are spread to a much higher degree by healthy people. This is absolutely necessary. 

well you are not factoring how easy the elderly can catch it and how deadly it can be for them.  the cruisline was asking 70 and older to bring in a form from the dr. so obviously they know the risk is greater in that group. 

Edited by seaman11

19 minutes ago, npcl said:

Princess is offering a much more generous refund package the its canceled cruises.

I rest my case......... 

NCL could offer their first born child and free cruises for life but someone will always compare what someone else is doing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

well you are not factoring how easy the elderly can catch it and how deadly it can be for them.  the cruisline was asking 70 and older to bring in a form from the dr. so obviously they know the risk is greater in that group. 

Of course the elderly are most at risk. I thought that was understood. The issue is containing the pandemic such the rate of new cases begins to plateau. Otherwise we'll end up like Italy with not enough ICU beds or doctors. 

Edited by mianmike
  • Like 3

I was booked on Princess 4/18-25 and NCL 3/27-30.  Princess is offering 100% cash refund plus 25% cruise credit, or 175% cruise credit with no cash back.  I might be tempted to take the credit if NCL upped it a bit, but if nothing changes, I'll take the cash.  I don't think the current administration will let the cruise line industry go under.  Not that I'm a fan, but he is all about business.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, esm54687 said:

I rest my case......... 

NCL could offer their first born child and free cruises for life but someone will always compare what someone else is doing. 

Resistance is futile. Someone will always be more generous than NCL, the bar is always too low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

future cruise pricing will be based, as it always is, on supply and demand.  They still need ships to be as full as possible in order to get back to making a profit.  They will price cabins as much as they can get for them, or as little as they need to in order to sell, based on how interested in cruising folks are.  It really depends on when they go back to cruising, and how safe people feel about being on a ship and traveling in general.  That may not happen for quite some time.  Who knows.

On another note, if NCL goes bankrupt, and doesnt pay out the credits or refunds, wonder what travel insurance will do with new claims based on cruise cancellation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mianmike said:

Of course the elderly are most at risk. I thought that was understood. The issue is containing the pandemic such the the rate of new cases begins to plateau. Otherwise we'll end up like Italy with not enough ICU beds or doctors. 

i think the cruiselines and the passengers are well aware of whats going on and that all are taking extra precautions , then it would be fine.  i didnt hear any new reports  of more cases from cruises coming back this week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PennStateMom said:

I was booked on Princess 4/18-25 and NCL 3/27-30.  Princess is offering 100% cash refund plus 25% cruise credit, or 175% cruise credit with no cash back.  I might be tempted to take the credit if NCL upped it a bit, but if nothing changes, I'll take the cash.  I don't think the current administration will let the cruise line industry go under.  Not that I'm a fan, but he is all about business.  

Princess had Covid-19 on two ships. No known cases have been on NCL ships. Princess is fighting more of a battle with regard to maintaining customers. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Finally.  People "smarter than us" finally decided it is not safe for the population to be in enclosed spaces.

The government has worked like it is suppose to.  Let local government decide what is best for their communities.  They have closed schools, events according to needs.

Broadway closed.

My son was sent home from College indefinitely.  There is no direction how to continue online learning, but people here are hell bent about taking that cruise!  Disinfecting does not = safe.

We still have people who think they are above the COVID-19 and expect people to bail them out if quarantined on cruise ship.  I don't want my tax $ to provide their expenses.  They CLEARLY embarked on a ship knowing all the facts and therefore should incur any expenses if they get COVID-19.  Also, please stay out of the Hospitals after you get off the ship....

Good grief.  This is unprecedented. Unknown territory...

I hope all who thought they would be safer on a Cruise Ship, please lick your wounds.  Shutting down NCL (and other cruise lines) will help to save lives.  Proper.  Whoever decided to take cruise, was simply self-centered. You didn't care about anyone else, but yourself and your vacation.  JMO and I expect flames.  This is how this board rolls 🤣

People who knowingly have symptoms on Cruise Ships are on vacation and are in WOO HOO mode! They do not report it.  That is an offense.  How many will actually report they are sick?

Not everyone is on CC.  Imagine all those people scrambling not on CC?!

I have a cruise booked in 9/21.  I already saw that I will lose 25% of my deposit if I cancel. Watch what you are booking!

Stay safe everyone...

Won’t be safe now. All the new cases are on LAND not cruise ships. If they’re cancelling cruises, time to cancel and close everything on land that isn’t already, which, obvious to anyone whose been watching the news, is far more dangerous. Unless you have become a hermit locked in your house 24-7 you could get it and you could spread it! Yes - on public transportation, grocery store, public street - you only have to turn the news on for 2 minutes to confirm if you won’t take my word for it. Cruise ships and cruisers are not to blame. That’s as ludicrous as China blaming the US for starting the virus. God help us when all these people with a false sense of security on land and relieved cruises are canceled get sick and have nothing better to do than come on here and blame the cruise industry, and anyone who “god forbid” would choose to cruise.

• Like 2

Just now, seaman11 said:

i think the cruiselines and the passengers are well aware of whats going on and that all are taking extra precautions , then it would be fine.  i didnt hear any new reports  of more cases from cruises coming back this week. 

Ugh, you don't understand the mechanics of pandemics. It's impossible to take sufficient precautions when in close proximity to an infected individual.  You need to be at least 10 feet from someone sneezing.  6 feet from someone coughing.  That's why you are seeing all the closures of events where people gather.  

• Like 6

I was happy with my FCC (over losing all the $) BUT, my cruise was one of the cruises with 5 days to decide on cancel for FCC or go. We cancelled. And TODAY they cancelled. And will refund money for those who have upcoming cruises, including mine that was supposed to leave tomorrow. I would much rather have my money back NCL! What a mess! I have tweeted and DM’d NCL - will see what happens 👎👎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mianmike said:

Ugh, you don't understand the mechanics of pandemics. It's impossible to take sufficient precautions when in close proximity to an infected individual.  You need to be at least 10 feet from someone sneezing.  6 feet from someone coughing.  That's why you are seeing all the closures of events where people gather.  

I agree but lets not overreact .  i saw today my nearest chik fil a was packed to the gils during lunch hours. lets close that too?   if more ppl stay home when sick because work is understanding and cruises and airlines let them change dates with no fees.  more ppl wash their hands and use purel, that will help out a lot imo. 

We were on the 3/14 Escape out of Miami 

We waited until the very last second to cancel, hoping that NCL would do the right thing ... cancel the cruise and offer us the option for a full refund. 

NCL delayed well past the point of reasonableness.  We were forced to take FCC - our other choice given their delay was nothing at all. Given the nature of cruise ships-

Small spaces and lots of people- combined with the worldwide effort to flatten the curve, this decision should have been sooner. 

Not only have they fraudulently induced us to enter into our cruise contracts by undermining the seriousness and duration of the coronavirus, and assuring us that everything would be ok, they waited so long to cancel our voyage that we had no choice but to go for the FCC. We didn’t “jump ship” too early, as one poster said... we, the cruisers of 3/14, were given no other choice...

So you better darn well believe that I expect a full refund in lieu of the FCC... fraud in the inducement on the front end and inability to fulfill the terms of the contract on the back end are both reason enough.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I agree but lets not overreact .  i saw today my nearest chik fil a was packed to the gils during lunch hours. lets close that too?   if more ppl stay home when sick because work is understanding and cruises and airlines let them change dates with no fees.  more ppl wash their hands and use purel, that will help out a lot imo. 

I saw this today and thought it was interesting.

image.png.8c78b6c6675c47a32ca9480428628e34.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GlamorousGirl said:

Won’t be safe now. All the new cases are on LAND not cruise ships. If they’re cancelling cruises, time to cancel and close everything on land that isn’t already, which, obvious to anyone whose been watching the news, is far more dangerous. Unless you have become a hermit locked in your house 24-7 you could get it and you could spread it! Yes - on public transportation, grocery store, public street - you only have to turn the news on for 2 minutes to confirm if you won’t take my word for it. Cruise ships and cruisers are not to blame. That’s as ludicrous as China blaming the US for starting the virus. God help us when all these people with a false sense of security on land and relieved cruises are canceled get sick and have nothing better to do than come on here and blame the cruise industry, and anyone who “god forbid” would choose to cruise.

Huh? Major Sporting Events are cancelling due to localized government.  That is exactly how the government is supposed to work.  Protect our communities.

Are you a millennial? How long have you been on this earth?  Good grief...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nolegal22 said:

We were on the 3/14 Escape out of Miami 

We waited until the very last second to cancel, hoping that NCL would do the right thing ... cancel the cruise and offer us the option for a full refund. 

NCL delayed well past the point of reasonableness.  We were forced to take FCC - our other choice given their delay was nothing at all. Given the nature of cruise ships-

Small spaces and lots of people- combined with the worldwide effort to flatten the curve, this decision should have been sooner. 

Not only have they fraudulently induced us to enter into our cruise contracts by undermining the seriousness and duration of the coronavirus, and assuring us that everything would be ok, they waited so long to cancel our voyage that we had no choice but to go for the FCC. We didn’t “jump ship” too early, as one poster said... we, the cruisers of 3/14, were given no other choice...

So you better darn well believe that I expect a full refund in lieu of the FCC... fraud in the inducement on the front end and inability to fulfill the terms of the contract on the back end are both reason enough.  

You are 100 percent right it is not fair to those that had to cancel just days before. NCL needs to do the right thing!

• Like 1

Well, at least now I don't have to wait and decide what I am going to do, NCL just did that for me.  I'm fine with it and the compensation.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with myself now that there is no sports on TV.  Now, THAT is a real tragedy.

BTW...I understand the run in grocery stores on cleaning supplies, etc but why on earth is all the spaghetti sauce gone?  lol

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GlamorousGirl said:

90 % of the infected people don`t have any symptoms..but they still spread the virus ! And old and/or weak people will catch it and probably die. Just because there are only a few hundred official infected does not mean that these are the only ones.Make a test with all 320 Million US cititzens and you will be surprised about the result. Same for Europe.

The only option to stop the virus from spreading is, to cancel all events were a lot of people are very close together. Sports events, concerts and cruise ships are one of these. YOu have to do it until they found some medicine that effectively helps against this virus.Then the normal social life can restart.

• Like 1