NCL Suspends Operations for 30 days - BREAKING

Just now, mugtech said:

Gonna take 9 days to get the form available online?  Must be a very complex form, requiring their lawyers to go over it with a fine tooth comb.  Or they just want to keep your money as long as possible.  Would appear if you paid 90 days in advance and then they take another 90 days to return it to you it should include 180 days of interest.  Why should you give NCL a 180 day interest free loan?

And they are getting interest free loan from a lot of other money for those that canceled prior for fear of this.  They locked the money in tight !!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Why?? They accepted an offer made by NCL, end of story!

Read through the thread plenty of people have stated why and with good reason. I'm not going to sit here and argue with some cheerleader. CYA!

9 hours ago, mkdreams said:

So well said, NCL owes it to these people to make it right. It sickens me that this is how they treat their customers. The people that cancelled under the peace of mind 48 hour cancellation offer should receive the same current offer it is only fair.

Exactly... I sailed this Sunday.  And I would be flying into the port city right now if i had not canceled!

10 hours ago, nolegal22 said:

It’s fun to wax poetic, isn’t it? 

Now imagine you are actually in the situation. You have no choice but to cancel under the current policy. A policy that encourages people to travel, show up, wait and see until the last second. You cancel at the very last second, baffled that the cruise line has not done it on their own. 

A day later, someone who has chosen to cruise anyway ( despite current recommendations by the CDC, department of State and oh... everyone.... ) is now rewarded with a full refund or 150 percent cruise credit. All because the cruise line was sitting and waiting, maybe for their bailout or the powers that be to finally influence their irresponsible delay, to cancel the trip. 

You would be happy??? Thankful??! 

Citing terms of a contract written pre-pandemic, in a different world and situation?? When NCL was also fraudulently inducing people to enter into the contract to begin with?!

Please. 

I could have just hit the like button but that just wasn't enough ... LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE.  My cruise was this weekend and I just canceled this week! I am thankful I did but not happy about the black and white of this.  Not right.

19 minutes ago, poffles said:

I could have just hit the like button but that just wasn't enough ... LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE.  My cruise was this weekend and I just canceled this week! I am thankful I did but not happy about the black and white of this.  Not right.

I agree 100 percent!

34 minutes ago, mkdreams said:

Read through the thread plenty of people have stated why and with good reason. I'm not going to sit here and argue with some cheerleader. CYA!

EXACTLY!  Just one example of comparison is some people that could 'wait it out' lived near the port vs those that had to fly on connecting flights and had hotel(s) before are in a totally different situation. I am lesser compensated because my means of travel and the cruise industry themselves have been seriously impacted and I elected not to gamble and be stuck right now on a plane to a nowhere trip and NOT EVEN KNOW IT RIGHT YET because I do not read this forum on my travels.

15 hours ago, hamrag said:

You have just written the answer, that's why not....you jumped far too early!

Ummm ...there are some that sailed this weekend and had to "jump" or be stuck in transit to a cruise to nowhere.  The very least they could do is cover ones that literally would have caught people in the air right now ... like me!  I don't necessarily want more of a refund offer but choice to take my money instead of FCC would be appreciated and seems like the right thing to do at least for some of the more immediate sailings.

14 hours ago, cruisernh said:

I started looking to use the 100% fare today and the prices are crazy high!

My question  is we had to pay all those tips for the "free" drinks and dinner packages do we get that money too?

Would expect yes as it was all included in FCC offered in Peace of Mind cancellations.  You got ALL monies paid out of pocket.

14 hours ago, nolegal22 said:

We were on the 3/14 Escape out of Miami 

We waited until the very last second to cancel, hoping that NCL would do the right thing ... cancel the cruise and offer us the option for a full refund. 

NCL delayed well past the point of reasonableness.  We were forced to take FCC - our other choice given their delay was nothing at all. Given the nature of cruise ships-

Small spaces and lots of people- combined with the worldwide effort to flatten the curve, this decision should have been sooner. 

Not only have they fraudulently induced us to enter into our cruise contracts by undermining the seriousness and duration of the coronavirus, and assuring us that everything would be ok, they waited so long to cancel our voyage that we had no choice but to go for the FCC. We didn’t “jump ship” too early, as one poster said... we, the cruisers of 3/14, were given no other choice...

So you better darn well believe that I expect a full refund in lieu of the FCC... fraud in the inducement on the front end and inability to fulfill the terms of the contract on the back end are both reason enough.  

And as a member of the 'we, the cruisers of 3/15" were in the same situation...

11 hours ago, REVENUE said:

If you had 48 hours before sail date to cancel in this current environment with everything changing by the hour, why would anyone cancel before the last minute???

For some people this is the last minute so the decision had to be made already.  Also, for some the last minute has to consider the travel and lead time getting to the cruise day as not everyone can arrive the day of so the 48 hour decision window is reduced.

8 hours ago, knight2096 said:

Spoke to a NCL rep about 30 minutes ago who said NCL had change of heart and they were just notified that all guest who cancelled the March 10 peace of mind refund offer will be transitioned to the new March 13 refund offer. Has anyone else heard this in the last half hour or so? If so please post update. I was told customers would be getting an email with instructions sometime tonight or by tomorrow morning. Not sure if this rep was correct and do not want to give anyone false hope. Again if anyone else has heard this please give an update. Hopefully NCL is doing the right thing.

Okay ... if this is right then all my preceding posts are me ranting for nothing LOL ... hope this is correct and it would definitely be the right thing.

AND hopefully your call backs will stand corrected.

Edited by poffles
5 minutes ago, poffles said:

Okay ... if this is right then all my preceding posts are me ranting for nothing LOL ... hope this is correct and it would definitely be the right thing.

Actually that member re-posted saying that they called NCL back again and was told that was incorrect. So no they have NOT been transitioned in.

Edited by mkdreams
7 hours ago, knight2096 said:

Update, I called back twice and spoke with two different reps and they said they did not hear anything about this, so it sounds like the first rep I talked to may have sadly been incorrect. I guess we will find out.

Here was the re-post.

Just now, mkdreams said:

Actually that poster re-posted saying that they called NCL back again and was told that was incorrect. So no they have NOT been transitioned in.

Ya i seen that after and updated to note that ... guess i needed to read all posts before responding 🙂

2 minutes ago, mkdreams said:

Actually that poster re-posted saying that they called NCL back again and was told that was incorrect. So no they have NOT been transitioned in.

I would not want to be a travel agent right now or be NCL call line, this could get ugly. And extend that I would not want to work anywhere in the travel industry as this is sad times for those impacted and bombarded by angry people and sadly the ones that will have no work/income due to the loss of work.

Well, flew into Miami yesterday and was supposed to get on the Escape today. Feeling really sad about everything that's going on. What a loss for the cruise lines, crew, and passengers. I hope they can recover from this. 

Since we are already here we decided to rent a car today and drive down to Key West and we booked a resort there. It's not a cruise, but it'll still be warm and relaxing. We came from cold weather in Wisconsin and didn't want to turn around and go back. It is disappointing, but we will make the best of it.

54 minutes ago, poffles said:

For some people this is the last minute so the decision had to be made already.  Also, for some the last minute has to consider the travel and lead time getting to the cruise day as not everyone can arrive the day of so the 48 hour decision window is reduced.

Exactly, some people do not seem to understand this. NCL needs to make this right.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Remember, filing a dispute accuses the vendor of a criminal act. And that, when contacted by law enforcement (FBI for international crimes), you will aid in the criminal investigation. If they have a published policy, then there is no basis for a dispute. And if you are found to be submitting a false claim, you could be liable for investigation costs and NCL typically puts you on the Do Not Sail list forever. 

Wise up!

Talk about fear mongering. What an irresponsible and inaccurate post. In fact, many credit card companies are reaching out to consumers that are being adversely impacted and offering their assistance. I've received communications from Discover and BOA earlier this week. Threat of criminal charges has been absent from the emails I've received.

The do not sail comment is likely true. Who is surprised by that, though?

47 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

So if you took the FCC when it was first offered you can not get a full refund ?

taking the FCC for a cruise at a later date after this virus outbreak is over and you cancel said cruise how are you refunded 

money or more CC

Our B2B Asia cruises were cancelled on March 6th. We used 2 cruise next certificates on each cruise (4 total), now only 1 cruise next certificate shows up on my account, and the 10% FCC we are supposed to get on each of the cruises is nowhere to be seen, and of course the agent can't figure out what happened.......don't hold your breath waiting for any FCC to show up

16 hours ago, hamrag said:

Fake news! What planet are you living on, there are currently 145,336 official cases of infection and 5,416 deaths....and rising as I write this!

I didn`t say anything different. 😉

Please read my post again carefully and explain to me why there should be anything fake on it.

I clearly mentioned that the no. of official infected is for sure not the number of the actually infected.

Take this FWIW but our travel agent is under the impression that NCL will follow in line with the other cruise lines who are allowing guests on cancelled cruises to avail themselves of the new refund policy as detailed in many posts above. 

Thus, if you cancelled under the 48 hour peace of mind policy and your cruise was ultimately cancelled by NCL, you are eligible to take advantage of the new policy.

Our agent is not a representative of NCL, nor am I (although I play one on TV) but seemed certain based on his conversations with NCL and overall trends in how cruise lines are currently dealing with the situation, that this will be the result. Fingers crossed he is correct. 

Don’t forget to thank your travel agents, folks. The stress in his voice was palpable. 

Edited by nolegal22
43 minutes ago, nolegal22 said:

Take this FWIW but our travel agent is under the impression that NCL will follow in line with the other cruise lines who are allowing guests on cancelled cruises to avail themselves of the new refund policy as detailed in many posts above. 

Thus, if you cancelled under the 48 hour peace of mind policy and your cruise was ultimately cancelled by NCL, you are eligible to take advantage of the new policy.

Our agent is not a representative of NCL, nor am I (although I play one on TV) but seemed certain based on his conversations with NCL and overall trends in how cruise lines are currently dealing with the situation, that this will be the result. Fingers crossed he is correct. 

Don’t forget to thank your travel agents, folks. The stress in his voice was palpable. 

One of the NCL reps I talked to yesterday said that they had just got news at around 9:30 ish that the people who cancelled under the original peace of mind March 10th refund offer would be transitioned into the March 13th refund offer. The rep seemed very sure and positive of the situation and assured me that the transition would happen. Again the rep said that it had just been passed down to them from the higher ups. I decided to call back just to double check and was told the opposite, so now I had two different answers. I tried one more time and the third rep said they had not heard anything either way. So who knows. Hopefully NCL does the right thing. In the long run it would be in their favor and would make sense to keep their long term customers happy. Thanks for the update and I hope your travel agent's impressions are right. It would be good news for many.