Jump to content

Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days


Recommended Posts

MIAMI, March 13, 2020 – Today Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. announced that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days.

We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the country. And this is our part to play. So, beginning at midnight tonight, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days. 

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacations, and we are truly sorry for their inconvenience. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption.

Our business is providing great vacations and creating great memories. We look forward to getting back to work as soon as we can.

# # #

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

MIAMI, March 13, 2020 – Today Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. announced that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days.

We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the country. And this is our part to play. So, beginning at midnight tonight, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days. 

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacations, and we are truly sorry for their inconvenience. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption.

Our business is providing great vacations and creating great memories. We look forward to getting back to work as soon as we can.

# # #

Thanks for posting, I was just starting to search.  Will we get our money refunded you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macklin410 said:

 

Would hope it would be refunds since it's a forced cancellation of a trip.

Me too, just wanting confirmation - the other lines specified in their announcements what the policies would be - NCL for example is offering 125% FCC or 100% refund.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the limited info this was obviously a quick last-minute decision, likely influenced by Norwegian's move. Nobody wants to be last.

 

I expect it will be 2-3 days before details like refunds vs credits will be known.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, SimpleandTrendy said:

Trying to confirm what day sailing will start again?  We were set to board 04/11...

 

Norwegian is cancelling their cruises for the next 30 days and it includes the ones leaving on the 11th also.  Sounds like there is a good chance yours is cancelled.

 

Mine is leaving on the 18th.  Wished mine was axed, especially since my dog sitter cancelled on me last night.  Hard to find sitters for special needs dogs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Drat - not long enough! 

 I agree.  I cruise 4/26 so it's not covered for full refund, just FCC.  I'm still waiting till 48 hrs before sailing just in case.  I still want to go though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jrapps said:

From the limited info this was obviously a quick last-minute decision, likely influenced by Norwegian's move. Nobody wants to be last.

 

I expect it will be 2-3 days before details like refunds vs credits will be known.

 

Give them an hour or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I wonder why the Mariner is currently leaving port with passengers for the start of its 3 day Bahama cruise?

 

Post says midnight, those folks were already onboard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

 I agree.  I cruise 4/26 so it's not covered for full refund, just FCC.  I'm still waiting till 48 hrs before sailing just in case.  I still want to go though!

Just so you know the cutoff is midnight the evening before the 48 hours, so it is closer to 62 hours.... don't miss it !!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting. Cathy and I were scheduled to go on Harmony of the Seas on Sunday for a 7 day. Mom and sister cancelled early in the week (mom is 80) and got full FCC and I waited as I wanted to go. Looks like we will get a full FCC credit unless RCL decides to give the same perk as NCL. Going to be interesting to watch this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...